The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 08:21:28 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2021, 07:35:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 06:57:52 PM
Ok guys.

I'm still right and just wanted to remind you that nothing has changed.

As you were.

Aye still right to compare McIlroy with Hewitt and Roddick when they've won 1 major apiece and McIlroy has 4 on his own and plays a game which has a career span of 25 years and not 10 like tennis.

It's embarrassing at this stage really!

Incorrect.

Hewitt won two.

50% less
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 19, 2021, 03:46:30 PM
There is an argument that McIlroy has had his "time" as a major winner, we won't know obviously for another few years but just because he has already won 4 doesent mean he will win another 4 or 5. He might but I doubt it.

And I doubt McIlroy will play to he is 50, and the chances of him being competitive past 40 are pretty minuscule I would have thought.

yes he might win another 4 or 5  ;D but that will not happen (he should have had about 10 already), the new generation are light years ahead of him in preparation and professionalism, just look at the nonsense coming out this week that he ruined his swing trying to catch bison for distance  ::), ridiculous

take the blinkers off lads, mcilroy is done, his head is gone, not a chance he wins another major, his time in the elite is over

4 majors in a weak era when tiger was not around is not a bad career though in fairness  ;)

that was 7-10 years ago now  8)

Milltown Row2

So Paddy's were pure luck then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No1

Any of you boys/girls on here had any word from your club as to how they are proceeding on April 1st?

"up to 10 people from two households can undertake outdoor sporting activities"

Doesn't give them much scope! 

Applesisapples

Quote from: No1 on March 23, 2021, 01:07:56 PM
Any of you boys/girls on here had any word from your club as to how they are proceeding on April 1st?

"up to 10 people from two households can undertake outdoor sporting activities"

Doesn't give them much scope!
Members only in 2 balls unless they are from the same household, in which case can be joined by 1/2 if they are from a single household. ie max 2 households. Members can only book front or back 9 not both.

Taylor

Some clubs are already allowing certain members to play a round of golf - would expect it will be open house from 1st April

Orior

Quote from: Taylor on March 23, 2021, 03:24:51 PM
Some clubs are already allowing certain members to play a round of golf - would expect it will be open house from 1st April

Who?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Taylor

Quote from: Orior on March 23, 2021, 07:53:56 PM

Who?

Not to be a dick but I wont give the names of them.

Know of at least 2 that are allowing certain 'well up' members have a round at the weekend - very difficult to police.

While it isnt supposed to be allowed there is no harm in it from a health perspective

Orior

Quote from: Taylor on March 23, 2021, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 23, 2021, 07:53:56 PM

Who?

Not to be a dick but I wont give the names of them.

Know of at least 2 that are allowing certain 'well up' members have a round at the weekend - very difficult to police.

While it isnt supposed to be allowed there is no harm in it from a health perspective

If someone gets hit on the head with a golf ball then there will not be any insurance cover.

JimStynes

Got this today:

The course will reopen for play on Thursday 1st April. The initial phase of the return to golf will last until 12th April and during this time golf groupings must be confined to a maximum of two households.

To assist with contact tracing, should the need arise, all tee times must be booked in advance online or over the telephone to the club office. Visitors or guests of members are NOT permitted to play at this time.

In order to accommodate as many members as possible during this initial stage, bookings will be for 9 holes only and separate timesheets will be available for both front and back nines.

On both Saturdays during this period all bookings will be for a maximum of two players only. On all other days bookings up to 2:00pm will for a maximum of two players and a maximum of three players thereafter (with the maximum of two households rule applicable).

Times will be available for booking from Thursday 25th March @ 7:00pm for the period Thursday 1st April through Friday 9th April.

Times for Saturday 10th April and Sunday 11th April times will be available for booking from Tuesday 30th March @19:00.

In order to ensure an equitable distribution of times amongst members the following guidance should be adhered to:

Thursday 1st April / Friday 2nd April
Each member should make at most one booking for either Thursday or Friday.

Saturday 3rd April / Sunday 4th April
Each member should make at most one booking for either Saturday or Sunday.

Monday 5th April through Friday 9th April.
Each member should make at most two bookings during this period.

Saturday 10th April / Sunday 11th April
Each member should make at most one booking for either Saturday or Sunday.

All junior members (male or female) should call the club office to make bookings.

Bookings for Saturdays will initially be for full members only, but will be opened up to all members at 7:00pm on the previous evening.

After 7:00pm on any day members may make an additional booking for the following day should times be available.

Whilst the putting and chipping greens will remain open, they must only be used in the 10 – 15 min period prior to your tee time.

Orior

Yeap, that is how we're doing it too

Applesisapples

The rules are clearly stated on the Golf Ireland website.

Gabriel_Hurl

Good start from the boy Rory in Texas this morning - landed in someones pool

screenexile

Looks like it got worse from there... drove over the green @ 14 then chipped into the water to lose 6&5!

Will give him some more time to work with his new coach!

Orior

Irish lose to English by a dog licence.