Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 26, 2024, 09:05:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2024, 08:54:56 PMIf Kildare get relegated they will be odds on for the Tailteann. Relegation last year did Meath no harm.

Meath didn't get relegated last year it was Clare and Limerick. Kildare can still avoid the Tailteann cup by beating the winner of Westmeath v Wicklow in the Leinster Quarter final and then beat Louth,Carlow or Wexford in the semi final.

There is a good chance for them in Leinster, but they are no better than Louth right now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2024, 10:42:49 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 26, 2024, 09:05:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2024, 08:54:56 PMIf Kildare get relegated they will be odds on for the Tailteann. Relegation last year did Meath no harm.

Meath didn't get relegated last year it was Clare and Limerick. Kildare can still avoid the Tailteann cup by beating the winner of Westmeath v Wicklow in the Leinster Quarter final and then beat Louth,Carlow or Wexford in the semi final.

There is a good chance for them in Leinster, but they are no better than Louth right now.
They have to win a match first. If they ended the League on a win maybe they could win in Leinster. The psychology must be a mess. But the Tailteann...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2024, 05:36:11 PM
Quote from: statto on February 26, 2024, 04:35:44 PMGood luck trying to watch on iplayer absolutely horrific from the bbc. 

it is complete crap, you'd think they would load up a clean version.
I watched about 50 mins of the game on GAAGO and it was watchable but just SD quality, below GAAGO's current good standards.

armaghniac

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

SouthOfThe Bann

Doing an accum for the weekend.

Does anybody see any chance for Kildare this weekend?

Are they down more bodies from last weekend?

10/3 is fair odds.

thejuice

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on February 29, 2024, 03:25:42 PMDoing an accum for the weekend.

Does anybody see any chance for Kildare this weekend?

Are they down more bodies from last weekend?

10/3 is fair odds.

I know Ben McCormick went off injured last week but not sure how he's faring at the moment. I would take a Cork win at home over Kildare, they collapsed against us after getting the lead.

i don't see signs of a revival but Cork are have shown something.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Same Meath team as last week except Moriarty on the bench.

1. Sean Brennan (Dún Doire)

2. Donal Keogan (Rath Coinnig)
3. Adam O'Neill (Bhulf Tón)
4. Brian O'Halloran (Baile Íomhair)

5. Ciaran Caulfield (Átha Troim)
6. Darragh Campion (Scrín)
7. Sean Coffey (Baile na Breacaighe)

8. Ronan Jones (Naomh Peadar Dún Bóinne) (Capt.)
9. Cian McBride (Naomh Ultain)

10. Daithí McGowan (Rath Tó)
11. Eoghan Frayne (Druim Samhraidh)
12. Jack O'Connor (Currach Átha)

13. Shane Walsh (Na Fianna)
14. Mathew Costello (Domhnach Seachnaill)
15. Cathal Hickey (Baile Sencaill)

SUBS
Billy Hogan (Maigh Dearmhaí)
Michael Flood (Naomh Bríd)
Michael Murphy (Naomh Peadar Dún Bóinne)
Adam McDonnell (Druim Samhraidh)
Brian O'Reilly (Naomh Mícheál)
Ruairí Kinsella (Domhnach Seachnaill)
Ross Ryan (Druim Samhraidh)
Keith Curtis (Rath Coinnig)
Aaron Lynch (Átha Troim)
Danny Dixon (Bórd an Mhuilinn)
Diarmuid Moriarty (Currach Átha)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Armagh18

We've named the same team that was named last week which had late changes then. I'd say we'll see more changes to that 15 this week. Hope to see the 2 O'Neills get at least a half each.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on February 18, 2024, 08:30:42 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 18, 2024, 04:29:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2024, 03:49:05 PMThat was some rendition of Amhrán na bhFiann!

Proper gusto

Noticeably, nobody tried to sing along.

Armagh decent, Kildare rank.

Which match were you at? Great rendition of Amhrán na bhFiann at Corrigan Park too.

Was refereeing up the county, thats the problem with being a ref, you only get to see the game you're at!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2024, 01:17:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2024, 03:49:05 PMThat was some rendition of Amhrán na bhFiann!

Proper gusto

Which match were you at? Great rendition of Amhrán na bhFiann at Corrigan Park too.

Was refereeing up the county, thats the problem with being a ref, you only get to see the game you're at!

But some Refs ( according to some opinions) appear to see games they are not at

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on March 01, 2024, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2024, 01:17:03 PM

Proper gusto

But some Refs ( according to some opinions) appear to see games they are not at

I know! Crazy that televised games can be watched when recorded, I hope that technology gets around the country soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Fermanagh V Armagh pitch inspection tomorrow at midday.

I would be very surprised if this match goes ahead with the amount of snow that has fallen .

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Armagh18

Quote from: FermGael on March 01, 2024, 06:10:52 PMFermanagh V Armagh pitch inspection tomorrow at midday.

I would be very surprised if this match goes ahead with the amount of snow that has fallen .

Whats options if not? Move to Armagh? Play it Sunday?

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 01, 2024, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 01, 2024, 06:10:52 PMFermanagh V Armagh pitch inspection tomorrow at midday.

Whats options if not? Move to Armagh? Play it Sunday?

Play it Sunday should be an option, the snow will be gone whatever about the water content of the pitch.