All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Brian Stack was interviewed in the Irish times. He was 15 in 2013. That team is inspiring the current Brigids team. "when you see your own club doing it you can't but think that could be me one day".

4/11 Wattys is fine for Brigids. I don't think the betting reflects the relative strengths of the 2 teams.

Armagh18

2 very good sides and I would have Glen as slight favourites. Doubt there will be much in it but predict Glen to edge it in the last few minutes.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mario on January 19, 2024, 07:26:54 PMA lot of talk about how young St brigids are but are they any younger than Glen?

Don't know the age profile of Glen. 10 of Brigids starting team are aged 19 to 23 I believe.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 20, 2024, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: Mario on January 19, 2024, 07:26:54 PMA lot of talk about how young St brigids are but are they any younger than Glen?

Don't know the age profile of Glen. 10 of Brigids starting team are aged 19 to 23 I believe.
That is a credit to them. If they don't get over the line would be great to see them do it in the future.

Armagh18

Glen wouldn't be awful old either, think Glass is about 26 and most of the team would be made up of minor teams around his age.

Norm-Peterson

When I was a teen Glen played in the South Derry U-16 B league, although they probably were too good for that league. Bigger clubs just entered for the easy trophies.

I remember in 2005 in Bellaghy they deliberately injured our best player and he had to be taken away in an ambulance. One of our coaches overheard their manager tell the team to take the player out. There were some nasty people in those underage leagues from what I remember.

seafoid

Is Glen where the clubhouse is? Is the pitch in Maghera ?

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2024, 02:39:38 PMIs Glen where the clubhouse is? Is the pitch in Maghera ?

Sort of between the 2 along the main road.

seafoid

seafoid

I seem to recall upthread that Kilamcud were the housewives choice for the semi final on the basis of a better set of forwards. What else fed into the pre match odds?
Then Kilmacud didn't turn up until 10 minutes from the end.
In the other semi Brigids were well ahead at half time until Castlehaven put the turbos on but they closed the match out well.
I think the odds don't reflect the relative strengths of the 2 teams.
Derry teams seem to be  like Cork teams in all Ireland final betting. The money is piled on Cork.

SaffronSports

onefineday

I'm surprised these games are still on. Weather in Dublin is pretty awful at the minute, rain is coming in sideways and it's going to get worse with warnings around travel to issue both north and south shortly after game times. I'm not sure how this isn't postponed on public safety grounds for spectators apart from any considerations re the spectacle we'll have to endure.

Tubberman

Quote from: onefineday on January 21, 2024, 08:40:52 AMI'm surprised these games are still on. Weather in Dublin is pretty awful at the minute, rain is coming in sideways and it's going to get worse with warnings around travel to issue both north and south shortly after game times. I'm not sure how this isn't postponed on public safety grounds for spectators apart from any considerations re the spectacle we'll have to endure.

Was thinking the same myself. If they were going to postpone they'd want to do it ASAP or they'd be pissing off an awful lot of people who'd already be on the road.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."