Recording In-Game Stats

Started by NotOurYear, June 19, 2021, 08:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotOurYear

What are clubs using to record & present in game stats?

We are a relatively new management team and would like to know what smallish clubs typically use to record in-game stats?

Are there (relatively) cheap apps / software available or is pencil & paper best. Costs is definitely a factor here.

We are not looking for earth shattering stats either, namely, turnovers, interceptions, kickouts, frees, shots/wides is what we are looking at.
Also, are the stats provided at water breaks & HT or throughout the game?

Helix.

Quote from: NotOurYear on June 19, 2021, 08:29:01 AM
What are clubs using to record & present in game stats?

We are a relatively new management team and would like to know what smallish clubs typically use to record in-game stats?

Are there (relatively) cheap apps / software available or is pencil & paper best. Costs is definitely a factor here.

We are not looking for earth shattering stats either, namely, turnovers, interceptions, kickouts, frees, shots/wides is what we are looking at.
Also, are the stats provided at water breaks & HT or throughout the game?

I've used StatAPult in recent times with Gaelic football. Used when helping out with a team when I was injured.
Compatible with iPads last time I seen it. Not too
difficult to use over time. Think it's about €16-17 last time I checked.

fearsiuil

GAA Scores Stats Plus

A free app on Android and iPhone. We use on mobile phones so can present to management but no good if want to show  group during match intervals. It's good if you wanted to show shot score/miss, kick out location win/loss, turnover etc. You can tag a player for all these stats but you'd need 2 people at least to cover everything.

Itchy

Are you looking for stats in game so you can make changes on the fly or is it more to build up stats afterwards. If its afterwards I used to get the game recorded and watch it back to collect stats.

One thing I would say, stats are totally over hyped and are part of this guru fad that's taking over gaa coaching. If you are with a small club don't spend 90% of your time talking shite about stats. Spend 90% of your time on the basics like people management,  fitness, skills and togetherness.

FermGael

Sports Stats Recorder.

Available on Android

Very good and free
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: FermGael on June 20, 2021, 09:51:15 PM
Sports Stats Recorder.

Available on Android

Very good and free

At a glance- That looks very good.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

manfromdelmonte

Old fashioned notation during games. Scores/Wides recorded on timeline for game along with location of shot of our team and opponent.
Its simple, and works! You could get two people at it - one recording event and other recording it on map of pitch

Data has to be inputed to excel after games for comparisons
Sometimes video games for restarts analysis and defending/tackling etc

Eamonnca1

A lad from Armagh created this app for a college project and now he's made a business of it. I saw him demo it for GAA clubs in San Francisco a few years ago, I was impressed.

https://www.performasports.com/