Covid postponement

Started by FermGael, May 22, 2021, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

https://www.skysports.com/gaa/hurling/news/30554/12313854/wexfords-national-league-match-with-kilkenny-postponed-after-new-covid-19-case-found-in-model-countys-panel

So why has this game been postponed ?
Fermanagh were told last they they could either field or lose the points and they had alot more than 3 confirmed positive cases.
The defeat got us relegated from division 2.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FermGael on May 22, 2021, 10:36:34 PM
https://www.skysports.com/gaa/hurling/news/30554/12313854/wexfords-national-league-match-with-kilkenny-postponed-after-new-covid-19-case-found-in-model-countys-panel

Fermanagh were told last they they could either field or lose the points and they had alot more than 3 confirmed positive cases.

I'm sure you know well FermGael. The likes of WX v KK hurling are waaaaaaay more important than Fermanagh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedHand88

I think Fermanagh have reason to feel aggrieved here.

FermGael

And can I also add Sligo to this as well after they were forced to concede a championship game as well

johnnycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 23, 2021, 05:34:35 AM

I'm sure you know well FermGael. The likes of WX v KK hurling are waaaaaaay more important than Fermanagh.

Double standards at play here alright.

Wexford named two Clare players as close contacts of their players who tested positive and they've been made isolate and miss the Clare game vrs Laois..

How do you be a close contact during a game? I thought that was casual contact..

GAA all over the place on this one.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2021, 10:07:39 AM

Wexford named two Clare players as close contacts of their players who tested positive and they've been made isolate and miss the Clare game vrs Laois..

How do you be a close contact during a game? I thought that was casual contact..

Clare should tell them to get to feck. If you're outdoors you're a casual contact not a close contact, which is why you aren't allowed in to changing rooms etc.

imtommygunn

Sticky corner backs lol

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 25, 2021, 10:48:24 AM

Clare should tell them to get to feck. If you're outdoors you're a casual contact not a close contact, which is why you aren't allowed in to changing rooms etc.

How did they travel to the game?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

keep her low this half

one of the Clare lads only came on after 51 minutes according to Brian Lohan!

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on May 25, 2021, 12:13:20 PM

Not sure how Clare traveled but if you do take a bus, you're only allowed 22 spaced out on a full size bus I was told.

HSE informed the two Clare players allegedly after being named by the infected Wexford lads.

I presume all the Wexford team have had to isolate for 10 days. No training and all.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2021, 02:07:35 PM

Not sure how Clare traveled but if you do take a bus, you're only allowed 22 spaced out on a full size bus I was told.

HSE informed the two Clare players allegedly after being named by the infected Wexford lads.

I presume all the Wexford team have had to isolate for 10 days. No training and all.
I wouldnt imagine they'd have to isolate as they won't have been in changing rooms so should be casual contacts. Otherwise why close changing rooms.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 25, 2021, 02:09:24 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2021, 02:07:35 PM

I wouldnt imagine they'd have to isolate as they won't have been in changing rooms so should be casual contacts. Otherwise why close changing rooms.
Agreed.
Then why would two opposition players get pinged by the HSE unless someone was at their work?

5times5times

Whats the difference between this match, and Fermanagh v Clare football game last time???? Fermanagh were forced to play missing 17 players????

johnnycool

Quote from: 5times5times on May 25, 2021, 04:35:52 PM
Whats the difference between this match, and Fermanagh v Clare football game last time???? Fermanagh were forced to play missing 17 players????

Croke Park couldn't be arsed listening to Davy fitz and his media mates gurning for weeks on end.

FermGael

Antrim having to travel to Waterford for a playoff game on a Sunday at 12.15 during a pandemic when last year Waterford refused to travel to Antrim for a league game and the game had to be played in Dundalk because of Covid concerns about the North .