NFL Division 3 2021

Started by Dreadnought, May 13, 2021, 08:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Derry playing well here, Cavan beginning to get going here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Westside

Cavan with a few lads visibly way off the pace. Clinging on a bit here.

Captain Obvious

Some of Derrys shooting under no pressure at all is very poor. Goal chance was on there for Cavan but opted to fist a point over the bar instead.

Goal now for Cavan, poor decision making by the Derry keeper.

Westside

Lucky to be in the game. If this is going to be a staring contest Derry will win, they have the attacking prowess. Cavan making a lot of errors in the final third, partly due to pressure exerted by Derry.

Captain Obvious

Ulster and Munster champions into relegation play offs. Unbelievable Jeff.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2021, 04:43:04 PM
Ulster and Munster champions into relegation play offs. Unbelievable Jeff.

Some of use will be long gone before we have this combination of Ulster and Munster champions again.

Good to see Derry moving up a bit, they should be Div 2 operators, at least.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Semi finals

Offaly v Fermanagh
Derry v Limerick

Relegation play offs

Cavan v Wicklow
Tipperary v Longford
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

greatpoint

Nanderson

Would not like to shake Rory Gallaghers hand after a game. Man does some serious spitting into them. Would near think he's going to win a high ball every 10 seconds

rodney trotter

He must be go through more water bottles then the players on the field

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 29, 2021, 07:12:05 PM
He must be go through more water bottles then the players on the field

Hes an awful dick. Anyways its clear enough to me Derry are weeks ahead of Cavan in terms of fitness and despite them being clearly better than us on the day,  much fitter and cavan missing 5 or so starters Derry just limped home. I dont see them doing anything in ulster.

Cavans result against Fermanagh cost them dearly.

I think from a cavan perspective the big worry is that none of our new lads look like they will add anything to what we already have. We would kill for a forward like McQuigan today. I think we will beca different team when we play Tyrone but it's looking like a stretch to me that with so many lads out injured that we will have enough by then to take Tyrone in Omagh.

rodney trotter

The Fermanagh game was costly. But even going back to last year. The 2 games after lockdown were poor Kildare and Roscommon. Roscommon were promoted and came with a depleted team and beat Cavan.

Cavans best finishes seem to be half backs. Luke Fortune, Kiernan, Timoney, Ciaran Brady all good shooters.
McGovern I think will Be a good inside forward but he's still 18, not 19 until August. Needs to fill out

FermGael

Good result in the end for us today
Started really well but the middle of the park was very poor for the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
Darren Gallagher ran the show and it took us far too long to bring the right men of the bench.
Ultan Kelm is a class act and we need him fit and playing for the whole game against Offaly.
Also we will hope that Eoin Donnelly recovers from his injury as he is a massive loss for us.
Quigley was outstanding again today

It was great to be back in Brewster today and to see a game in person. Hopefully we win the coin toss for home advantage .

All in all, considering our three top scorers from last year's league campaign didn't make themselves available for the county this year, Fermanagh have to be happy enough they are not in the relegation playoff.

We have steadied the ship and have a knockout game against Offaly to go up.
We have to be happy with that .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FermGael on May 29, 2021, 09:27:18 PM
Good result in the end for us today
Started really well but the middle of the park was very poor for the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
Darren Gallagher ran the show and it took us far too long to bring the right men of the bench.
Ultan Kelm is a class act and we need him fit and playing for the whole game against Offaly.
Also we will hope that Eoin Donnelly recovers from his injury as he is a massive loss for us.
Quigley was outstanding again today

It was great to be back in Brewster today and to see a game in person. Hopefully we win the coin toss for home advantage .

All in all, considering our three top scorers from last year's league campaign didn't make themselves available for the county this year, Fermanagh have to be happy enough they are not in the relegation playoff.

We have steadied the ship and have a knockout game against Offaly to go up.
We have to be happy with that .

Is that how it's decided for semi-final venues? I'd have thought the top in each section would get home advantage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered