Boring

Started by Orior, September 30, 2019, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Has this General Board gotten all boring since some of the Characters no longer post?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

t_mac

Too many tw@ts who think their twopence worth actually matters.

Eamonnca1

What a boring thread.

t_mac

Point quickly proven.

playwiththewind1st

The ignore function is great, but the downside is that if all the eejits that you have ignored join in on a particular thread, then you can't follow it but, then again, few of them say much that's intelligent anyway.

Orior

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 30, 2019, 06:31:35 PM
The ignore function is great, but the downside is that if all the eejits that you have ignored join in on a particular thread, then you can't follow it but, then again, few of them say much that's intelligent anyway.

But then debating with the low brow knuckle draggers can be quite entertaining, unless you have an inferiority complex
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

playwiththewind1st

It's difficult to debate with a sheer void.

RedHand88

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on September 30, 2019, 04:27:13 PM
Has this General Board gotten all boring since some of the Characters no longer post?
Yes. It used to go through peaks and troughs but it's now terminal.

t_mac

It's far from a discussion board it's a my opinion is right board, and if you dare disagree I'll run to the mods crying like a baby, in fairness the mods with are like VAR totally inept and led to many a good contributor leaving or getting banned.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: t_mac on September 30, 2019, 08:37:20 PM
It's far from a discussion board it's a my opinion is right board, and if you dare disagree I'll run to the mods crying like a baby, in fairness the mods with are like VAR totally inept and led to many a good contributor leaving or getting banned.

You've only been here 2 months  ::)

t_mac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 30, 2019, 09:48:26 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 30, 2019, 08:37:20 PM

You've only been here 2 months  ::)

::) you sum the place up in that post, the self importance of hero lmfao members is shocking.

imtommygunn

One poster probably put himself in a difficult position as he used his name and had ridiculous views on controversial topics which could have come back to bite him personally as people could read it , be offended and know who he is.

One other poster just annoyed everyone and eventually left.

It is just reflective of an internet land with some decent folk, some genuine eejits and some wind up merchants. There are very easily offended people but that is the world we live in...

In general it's ok.

Ed Ricketts

Twitter, FB, etc. killed much of the interest in forums like this about a decade ago. All of a sudden people had an easier, less obscure way to chat shite on the internet.

A certain appetite for forums still exists though, especially among those with a diehard interest in particular subjects. But you have to make an effort with the place to attract new contributors, who in turn create the content we're all here to read.

This forum makes very, very little effort to attract new posters. Things like cleaning up thread titles (especially those relating to specific matches or competitions), merging or deleting duplicate threads, and encouraging discussion on certain topics by opening new threads would all make the forum more attractive. In short, more active moderation would go a ways to helping things.

Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

t_mac

Mods are hero posters,  hence conflict of interests and they support their wee click who are the self indulgent tw@ts.