Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

England have a manager so obsessed with ensuring that any in-form player gets an opportunity, that he's no closer to knowing his best XI now than he was 3 years ago. Plus he will inevitably end up filling his squad up with in form but not good enough dross, including players who've proven before to be below international standard.

If England had a manager who was focused enough to build a team around Kane, Grealish and Foden, and absolute cutthroat in setting a fixed platform for them to perform, they'd have a serious, serious chance.

But instead, they'll reach the quarters with a few injury worries and hope to get through their first meaningful, competitive match in 3 years while carrying deadweight, and no particular style of play.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on May 27, 2021, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 27, 2021, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 26, 2021, 01:03:35 PM
England are pre tournament favourites and have probably the best squad of players they have had for a major tournament since the golden generation under Sven Goran Erikssen. However we have seen them overhyped before and fail to deliver. There are weaknesses at centre back and Pickford is a potential liability if he starts in goals but it is a wide open tournament and any one of about 8 teams could win it.

Is that true? I would at least have France, Belgium, Portugal above them and probably Germany and Spain as well

Engerland 4/1
France 5/1
Belgium 13/2
Spain 7/1
Italy 15/2
Germany 15/2
Portugal 9/1

Portugal are the stand out price IMHO

When is the last time Germany were that price in a tournament. I'll have a go on them for some interest.

lurganblue

Germany losing to North Macedonia recently has probably caused the drop in price.

Armagh18

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 27, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 27, 2021, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 27, 2021, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 26, 2021, 01:03:35 PM
England are pre tournament favourites and have probably the best squad of players they have had for a major tournament since the golden generation under Sven Goran Erikssen. However we have seen them overhyped before and fail to deliver. There are weaknesses at centre back and Pickford is a potential liability if he starts in goals but it is a wide open tournament and any one of about 8 teams could win it.

Is that true? I would at least have France, Belgium, Portugal above them and probably Germany and Spain as well

Engerland 4/1
France 5/1
Belgium 13/2
Spain 7/1
Italy 15/2
Germany 15/2
Portugal 9/1

Portugal are the stand out price IMHO

When is the last time Germany were that price in a tournament. I'll have a go on them for some interest.
Haven't been the same since Shane Long, I'm telling ye!

imtommygunn

I'm not sure he has scored since lol.

trileacman

Only an Englishman would take 4 right backs and one central midfielders to a European championship.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

An Watcher

Only reason England are favs is because they'll have every game at Wembley bar the quarter final, assuming they win their group. They'll have France, Germany or Portugal in the second round. Not sure they'll be favs to beat any of them

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2021, 01:56:35 PM
Quote from: Louther on May 25, 2021, 01:47:52 PM
Southgate waiting to make the big decisions and named a 33 man squad before dropping to 26 next week after the EL and CL finals.

With 33 has included a few that reckoned won't make it like TAA.

Think he the only manager to do this yet.

Portugal squad looks very strong on paper.

FFS he better pick TAA or we'll never hear the end of it.

Like most men Southgate will do anything for the quiet life..

An Watcher

Most likely Spain in Rome in the quarters

Milltown Row2

I'll be backing France this time again, regardless how some of these players have played for their clubs this season, as a unit they are pretty strong in tournaments, and they know how to win them. That's where my £10 will go

Will go for Kane as top goal scorer, takes the penalties and should score against Scotland and Croatia, whether England get past the last 16 is the big test for them, I'd fancy them over Spain if that's the route they take.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Lingard who was yesterday dropped from the England squad, starts tonight for England :o

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on June 02, 2021, 07:00:14 PM
Lingard who was yesterday dropped from the England squad, starts tonight for England :o

Seen that, a couple of the subs not in the squad either. Seems unnecessary..

rodney trotter

Italy Squad

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Alex Meret (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino)

Defenders: Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Emerson Palmieri (Chelsea), Alessandro Florenzi (Paris Saint-Germain), Leonardo Spinazzola (Roma), Rafael Toloi (Atalanta)

Midfielders: Nicolo Barella (Inter), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Frello Jorge Luiz Jorginho (Chelsea), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain)

Forwards: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Giacomo Raspadori (Sassuolo)

Spain

Goalkeepers: David de Gea (Manchester United), Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), Robert Sanchez (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Defenders: Jose Gaya (Valencia), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Pau Torres (Villarreal), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Eric Garcia (Manchester City), Diego Llorente (Leeds United), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodri Hernandez (Manchester City), Pedri (Barcelona), Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)

Forwards: Dani Olmo (Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Ferran Torres (Manchester City), Adama Traore (Wolves), Pablo Sarabia (Paris Saint-Germain)

Germany
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Bernd Leno (Arsenal), Kevin Trapp (Frankfurt)

Defenders: Matthias Ginter (Monchengladbach), Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea), Robin Gosens (Atalanta), Christian Gunter (Freiburg), Marcel Halstenberg (Leipzig), Mats Hummels (Dortmund), Lukas Klostermann (Leipzig), Robin Koch (Leeds), Niklas Sule (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Emre Can (Dortmund), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich), Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich), Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich), Kai Havertz (Chelsea), Jonas Hofmann (Monchengladbach), Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich), Florian Neuhaus (Monchengladbach)

Forwards: Timo Werner (Chelsea), Kevin Volland (Monaco)

BennyCake