Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 14, 2013, 08:17:43 PM
In the company I work for and in the last one, all over-60s go business class on  long haul flights. Is this not pretty standard?

Brilliant.  ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

In the company I work for and in the last one, all over-60s go business class on  long haul flights. Is this not pretty standard?
Are you saying Gerry works for Mr Flynn?

Ulick

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

Brilliant.  ;D ;D ;D

Is that a yes or no?

trileacman

Quote from: Ulick on February 15, 2013, 08:56:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

Brilliant.  ;D ;D ;D

Is that a yes or no?
I can think of a few hundred farm businesses who don't jet around the world on first class flights. Then again not many of them can afford to pamper to the needs of Irish politicians.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Ulick

Firstly, business class is not the same as first class on long haul, the latter being considerably more expensive.

Secondly, I don't know many farmers who would have business that would take them overseas on a regular basis and less so those who have an organisation overseas specifically for the purpose of funding their overseas trips. If they did it would be a bit silly not to allow the overseas organisation to pay.

My original question was genuine by the way. I know that in the north many companies had to change their travel  policies years ago after the DVT scares. In fact not a few years ago I was part of a company delegation on a long flight. The Directors, senior managers and I sat in cattle class, my line manager got to go business class (she was 60 or close to it) while the CEO and his assistant went first class.

Hardy

Quote from: Ulick on February 15, 2013, 02:27:50 PM
My original question was genuine by the way. I know that in the north many companies had to change their travel  policies years ago after the DVT scares. In fact not a few years ago I was part of a company delegation on a long flight. The Directors, senior managers and I sat in cattle class, my line manager got to go business class (she was 60 or close to it) while the CEO and his assistant went first class.

I've never heard of an age-based seating hierarchy before. They're not public sector organisations, by any chance?

In fact, most of the companies I've worked for (mostly American multinationals, but a couple of Irish companies) have had ecenomy-only rules for everybody, from top to bottom, on the basis that they understood what the airlines understood - that the only people who travel business/first class are people for whom someone else is paying the fare.

Ulick

Quote from: Hardy on February 15, 2013, 02:54:58 PM
I've never heard of an age-based seating hierarchy before. They're not public sector organisations, by any chance?

Semi-state.

Maguire01

Can you not see the contradiction between making a big deal out of the AIW and then taking business class flights? And it's not just the flights...
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/from-working-class-to-first-class-sinn-fein-gets-a-taste-for-luxury-26803230.html

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 15, 2013, 02:27:50 PM
Firstly, business class is not the same as first class on long haul, the latter being considerably more expensive.

Secondly, I don't know many farmers who would have business that would take them overseas on a regular basis and less so those who have an organisation overseas specifically for the purpose of funding their overseas trips. If they did it would be a bit silly not to allow the overseas organisation to pay.

You're killing me, please stop.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Ball DeBeaver

I just done a quick check with Aer Lingus for flights from Dublin to NY.

Both flying out of Dub 16.6.13 returning 20.6.13

Economy €715
Business €2,995

There was no first class option available.

Tell me, where do you get application forms to join Sinn Fein?
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

armaghniac

QuoteFirstly, business class is not the same as first class on long haul, the latter being considerably more expensive.

QuoteEconomy €715
Business €2,995

A lot of airlines do not offer First Class on long haul. It isn't a great seller, as the plutocrats have private aircraft and business class is comfortable enough for most.

QuoteMy original question was genuine by the way. I know that in the north many companies had to change their travel  policies years ago after the DVT scares

This concept doesn't seem to have penetrated south of the border. Hopefully, in a few years it will  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ball DeBeaver

http://www.sinnfein.ie/what-sinn-fein-stands-for

90 years after partition, as communities divided by the border become increasingly reintegrated, there is a growing pull towards reunification.  As old allegiances change and people from loyalist backgrounds consider voting for a republican party because it best represents their social and economic interests, the potential for dialogue with those from the unionist community about their place in a united Ireland becomes possible.

Who the hell are these clowns trying to kid?
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

theticklemister

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 15, 2013, 06:21:27 PM
http://www.sinnfein.ie/what-sinn-fein-stands-for

90 years after partition, as communities divided by the border become increasingly reintegrated, there is a growing pull towards reunification.  As old allegiances change and people from loyalist backgrounds consider voting for a republican party because it best represents their social and economic interests, the potential for dialogue with those from the unionist community about their place in a united Ireland becomes possible.

Who the hell are these clowns trying to kid?

Ball de beaver may talk sense for once.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on February 15, 2013, 06:18:58 PM
QuoteFirstly, business class is not the same as first class on long haul, the latter being considerably more expensive.

QuoteEconomy €715
Business €2,995

A lot of airlines do not offer First Class on long haul. It isn't a great seller, as the plutocrats have private aircraft and business class is comfortable enough for most.

QuoteMy original question was genuine by the way. I know that in the north many companies had to change their travel  policies years ago after the DVT scares

This concept doesn't seem to have penetrated south of the border. Hopefully, in a few years it will  ;)
I didn't have you down as being in your 60s!

Our place had a policy of business class one way for Senior Managers and both ways for anyone more senior for trips to our plants in the US. This has been recently knocked on the head and everyone goes cattle.

armaghniac

QuoteI didn't have you down as being in your 60s!

I'm not. Which is why I don't see any need for this measure to be introduced immediately.

QuoteOur place had a policy of business class one way for Senior Managers and both ways for anyone more senior for trips to our plants in the US. This has been recently knocked on the head and everyone goes cattle.

Hell is long haul economy... Although the individual entertainment nowadays helps.

When my lotto number comes up, I am going to buy a round the world first class ticket and fly to Tahiti with Singapore airlines.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B