Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 23, 2012, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: glens abu on September 23, 2012, 10:24:04 AM
Up again in today's Red C poll.keep up this shite boys it's working
The people who though FF made sense now think SF make sense. Although its margin of error stuff.

Well in fairness, surely the election results prove that the people who thought FF made sense now think that FG and Labour make sense.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 23, 2012, 11:09:36 AM

Up 2% in a 1000 people poll, momentous stuff. United Ireland mustn't be far away now.

You keep up all your hard work and you will get us there,at what time is the meeting at McArts fort?

glens abu

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 23, 2012, 11:13:47 AM
The people who though FF made sense now think SF make sense. Although its margin of error stuff.

Well in fairness, surely the election results prove that the people who thought FF made sense now think that FG and Labour make sense.

Sure Maguire believes his own propaganda,the poll shows as others have done that it's Labour who are dropping and FF staying the same,but that might be too hard for him to understand

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on September 23, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

Up 2% in a 1000 people poll, momentous stuff. United Ireland mustn't be far away now.

You keep up all your hard work and you will get us there,at what time is the meeting at McArts fort?

Sinn Fein are keeping up their hard work with the DUP and the Brits to ensure it never happens.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 23, 2012, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: glens abu on September 23, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

Sinn Fein are keeping up their hard work with the DUP and the Brits to ensure it never happens.

That needle stuck again,get over what Sinn Fein are doing and away and free Ireland,think Martin Og has a plan

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on September 23, 2012, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 23, 2012, 11:13:47 AM

Sure Maguire believes his own propaganda,the poll shows as others have done that it's Labour who are dropping and FF staying the same,but that might be too hard for him to understand
Propoganda?

And I was referring to the swing at the general election. But you can apply the same to those who left FF for FG and Labour as well, if you wish.

Maguire01

The irony being that they're riding high(er) in the polls by not mentioning the constitutional question - they know the public aren't interested.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 09, 2012, 10:20:47 PM
Were is the "were are Sinn Fein" thread - has it been removed? The following story published at the weekend in the Sunday Life hasn't had much airtime, someone being protected ? Could be very damaging for Sinn Fein and maybe a wee yank of the leash from the British.

FIVE CHARGED WITH IRA MEMBERSHIP

By Ciaran Barnes

Sunday life 05 August 2012

Five people including Sinn Fein activists in Belfast have been charged with belonging to the Provisional IRA more than a decade ago. For legal reasons none of the five can be named at this stage.
The accused - three men and two women,were scheduled to appear at the city's magistrates court last Thursay.But they were excused from standing in the dock after their case was adjourned.
During a short hearing the court ordered that "no details pertaining to their identification be published". The five are charged with "belonging to or professing to belong to a proscribed organisation,namely the Provisional IRA".
The Provo membership charges relate to various dates between 1997 and 2000.Two men are further charged with organising,managing and addressing meetings of the IRA.
One of the men faces an additional claim of forcing a woman to co-operate with a Provisional IRA investigation.

Five IRA accused can be named - Judge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19916749

A judge has lifted a ban on naming five people facing charges of membership of the IRA and other offences from more than a decade ago.

They include Seamus Finucane, a Sinn Fein member and brother of the murdered Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane.

The BBC had challenged the ban.

The BBC cannot reveal full details of the charges in the case - but can reveal the names of those involved after reporting restrictions were lifted.

Mr Finucane, 55, is a member of Sinn Fein and a community worker in west Belfast.

The others include 53-year-old Padraic Wilson, who was the leader of the IRA in the Maze prison in the late 1990s and is currently Sinn Fein's director of international affairs.

Both men are facing charges of IRA membership and arranging, addressing or assisting in the management of an IRA meeting.

Another man, 48-year-old Martin Edward Morris, with an address in London, is also charged with membership of the IRA.

Two Belfast women are also facing charges.

Agnes McCrory, 72, from Dermot Hill Road, and 55-year-old Briege Wright from Glassmullin Gardens, are accused of membership of the IRA, and arranging, addressing or assisting in the management of an IRA meeting.

The two women and Mr Finucane are also charged accused of unlawfully forcing a person who cannot be identified to co-operate with an IRA investigation.

Lifting the restrictions, district judge Fiona Bagnall agreed with the BBC's argument that open justice was a cornerstone of the criminal judicial system.

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Evil Genius

A lttle titbit which seems to have escaped the attention of the Board's (concerned) Resident Shinners:

19 September 2012

John O'Dowd breached code for ministerial appointments

A man with an enormous feckin' chin - and an even bigger neck

A report has found that Education Minister John O'Dowd breached the code for ministerial appointments.

It relates to appointments to the board of the General Teaching Council.

The commissioner for public appointments, who examined the process, said the code was not complied with "to a substantial degree."

He found a total of seven breaches.
These included no record of the reasons for Mr O'Dowd's selection of three applicants from a shortlist of five.

Another failing concerned the information provided to Mr O'Dowd by the panel that interviewed the applicants.

Six people were interviewed and five of them were deemed suitable for appointment.

However, the commissioner said the applicant summary drawn up for Mr O'Dowd was "limited in content".

As well as breaches of the code, the report said there were five further shortcomings in what is considered best practice.

The commissioner's report said the department should give "urgent consideration" to the findings.

A spokesman for Mr. O'Dowd said "We're Sinn Fein, so we're not capable of Discriminashun, so we're nat, nat even my bigoted Ministerial colleague, Conor Murphy. Or hav' yis all forgat about 800 Years of Oppresshun, hav' yis?

Anyhow, there's a big Ministerial cyar waitin' and we hav' til go before anyone asks who the Driver is, an' how he got the job..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19638161
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

fitzroyalty

I see someone was on the West Coast Cooler last night.

SuperMac

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2012, 01:02:34 AMJohn O'Dowd breached code for ministerial appointments

A spokesman for Mr. O'Dowd said "We're Sinn Fein, so we're not capable of Discriminashun, so we're nat, nat even my bigoted Ministerial colleague, Conor Murphy. Or hav' yis all forgat about 800 Years of Oppresshun, hav' yis?

Anyhow, there's a big Ministerial cyar waitin' and we hav' til go before anyone asks who the Driver is, an' how he got the job..."

What's that EG, trying to promote the Ulster Scots ' language ' yet again :D " An, do knee forgat 'bout the Ulstur Covenantur's who weed 'ave sacreeficed thamselves at thee stake jus' leek thur Scottash ancesturs :D Ah yes, the cenotaph hugger strikes again !!!!!

Evil Genius

Quote from: SuperMac on October 13, 2012, 01:48:02 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2012, 01:02:34 AMJohn O'Dowd breached code for ministerial appointments

What's that EG, trying to promote the Ulster Scots ' language ' yet again :D " An, do knee forgat 'bout the Ulstur Covenantur's who weed 'ave sacreeficed thamselves at thee stake jus' leek thur Scottash ancesturs :D Ah yes, the cenotaph hugger strikes again !!!!!
If you've ever read any of my posts on the topic, you'll know that I have no time for all this "Ulster-Scots Language Grant Scam" - it's a load of bollox, imo.

And if you've ever heard O'Dowd, you'll know that however you dub it, that's how our esteemed Education Minister speaks:
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/o-dowd-under-attack-after-grammar-gaffes-1-4201101

P.S. Any comment on how the big-chinned bastard blithely ignores the Rules when it comes to making Departmental appointments?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Billys Boots

I might have known that Mr. Genius would be around today.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Maguire01

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/1004/1224324835607.html

Clearing Gerry Adams's name

Sir, – I have just read a report (Home News, September 28th) on how my ex-Westminister MP, Gerry Adams is unable to answer charges made by Dolours Price in the Sunday Telegraph on September 23rd  in a court of law – the allegation concerning of bombing, kidnapping and murder – due to his lack of funds.  I for one will not stand as a one-time constituent and see my ex-MP have his good name and commitment to the peace process put in doubt for the lack of funds.

Justice denied to Jean McConville and her family and to many others, must not be denied to Gerry Adams, former  Westminster MP for West Belfast. I will therefore send a cheque for one euro to Adams's Dáil office and would appeal and urge others interested in the truth to promote democracy and freedom of speech to do the same. Indeed, would perhaps another good citizen call for a fighting fund to help clear Mr Adams's name and reputation from these charges once and for all? – Yours, etc,

Cllr BRIAN HEADING (SDLP),

Lisburn City Council,

Mount Eagles Avenue,

Lagmore,

Dunmurry, Lisburn.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 14, 2012, 10:15:50 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/1004/1224324835607.html

Clearing Gerry Adams's name

Sir, – I have just read a report (Home News, September 28th) on how my ex-Westminister MP, Gerry Adams is unable to answer charges made by Dolours Price in the Sunday Telegraph on September 23rd  in a court of law – the allegation concerning of bombing, kidnapping and murder – due to his lack of funds.  I for one will not stand as a one-time constituent and see my ex-MP have his good name and commitment to the peace process put in doubt for the lack of funds.

Justice denied to Jean McConville and her family and to many others, must not be denied to Gerry Adams, former  Westminster MP for West Belfast. I will therefore send a cheque for one euro to Adams's Dáil office and would appeal and urge others interested in the truth to promote democracy and freedom of speech to do the same. Indeed, would perhaps another good citizen call for a fighting fund to help clear Mr Adams's name and reputation from these charges once and for all? – Yours, etc,

Cllr BRIAN HEADING (SDLP),

Lisburn City Council,

Mount Eagles Avenue,

Lagmore,

Dunmurry, Lisburn.

last year i was acused of being a tight scrooge my civil and human rights have been devalued and a great injustice has been done.
i'd like to clear my name send me money and i need euros cause the case is in lanzorote next may/june ;D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once