Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Great stuff!
What a game.
Bring on Jody!  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Best game of football I ever saw and one of the best individual performances.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
Best game of football I ever saw and one of the best individual performances.
wouldn't go that far but a great game all the same. Up there with Down and Derry in 1991. or tyrone v kerry in 2005

thejuice

Watching it now. Brilliant game. Great memories.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Donnellys Hollow

Definitely the most entertaining game I've ever seen. It had everything - a Geraghty sending off, a Trevor Giles penalty scored, a Trevor Giles penalty saved, a last gasp goal in normal time, a last gasp point in extra time, epic comebacks, Dermot Earley coming on to make his debut, blood pouring out of Martin Ryan's nose, Nuxer lording the skies, Jody Devine kicking points from all angles, the referee going off injured! The quality wasn't half bad either.

What was going through Davy Dalton's head when he got the ball after Christy Byrne's save? Had we kept possession of that ball instead of ballooning it into the Hogan Stand we surely would have held on. The great man was then wrongly sent off in the third game.

Cracking goal by Brian Murphy into the Canal End. He always raised his game against the Royals. Willie McCreery's goal seems to be missing from the video though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

Great stuff alright. Remember it well. Is is really 12 years?

Will bm to watch at a better time.

stephenite

Amazing game of football, remeber watching it in a pub in Ballina, big football bar. After the events of the 1996 All Ireland it started off with a few people down the front watching - ended up in a packed bar all roaring their heads off for Kildare (you'd swear it was a pub in Newbridge)

Then the Royals closed it out - superb entertainment - I'll give that a proper watch this evening after work

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

And the head of hair on Ollie Murphy!

Davitt Man

Niall Buckley was some footballer...

Club Rossa

I counted at least 3 Kildare players covered in blood,Davy Dalton and Glen Ryan,cant remember the other one.Some huge hits.

Hardy

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2010, 04:51:06 AM
And the head of hair on Ollie Murphy!

That was Ollie's debut year. He introduced himself with a goal against Dublin in the first round. Most supporters thought he was a real star in the making, but he was inexplicably dropped from the championship line-up (even the squad, I think) the next year. Thankfully that decision was reversed in 2000 and he went on to become ... Ollie Murphy!

southsidejohnny

I am still amazed that Kildare managed to get three All Stars that year and all they did was blow a Leinster semi final. It must have been Mickos influence over the press. Didnt Dalton get the full back spot that year. After that I knew the All Stars were a media joke.