Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 18, 2021, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 09:43:08 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 18, 2021, 09:26:14 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:43:43 PM
For those that don't know we have an IME school in the heart of Shantallow , second oldest in North 1983 .

They have no canteen ,just huts , no permanent classrooms, no play hall. SF are a big reason for this.

So SF decide what schools get upgraded I presume in the 6 counties and its as simple as that. There are no other criteria that must be met? Even if your school is hard done by (and I am not doubting it, plenty of schools all around the island are hard done by and are in unacceptable condition), why would you be so against the ILA that it looked like they would finally get over the line. Surely that would help not hinder. You have a track record of bitter resentfullness against SF so the only thing I can conclude is that you are angry at "who" got the deal done rather than the deal itself. I am sure you have heard the phrase about biting off your nose to spite your face?

I'm not angry at all

Of course it's a good thing. And it's was the Brits delivered it anyhow . But I get frustrated at the language being used as a political football

;D

Shinners don't take their seats in WM, yet have more leverage than Colum and Claire who once again were caught on the hop..

Really not sure why we are talking about SDLP . But I'm quite sure the Brits delivered language act based on a failure of local parties to push through previous agreement. All parties bar dup and UUP called for the legislation to be pushed through both here and at Westminster

After Mary Lou had sounded out Lewis on it....

I like Hanna, Mallon and O'Toole but they always seem to be one step behind..

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 18, 2021, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:00:31 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 18, 2021, 09:57:44 AM
Of course it's a good thing.
Glad to hear you've changed your mind, and recognise that a Language Act is a "good thing". Only yesterday you dismissed it as unnecessary and as a:
"
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 09:49:13 PM
pretty toothless law

And it's was the Brits delivered it anyhow .
As a result of pressure from which party, not to nominate a Deputy First Minister? Typical. Happy to enjoy the success achieved by SF but still finds a way to attack SF for delivering it.

But I get frustrated at the language being used as a political football
Pure gold! I suggest you read through your posts of the last few pages and how you have been using knowledge of the Irish language as a means to attack SF and anyone who supports them. Zero self-awareness!!

What's thd saying

You can't handle the truth! Toothless and rejecting it aren't the same thing.

Ok I apologise. I weirdly thought that when you described the Irish language act as unnecessary and "toothless", that that meant you didn't think it was a good thing. However did I get that idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57516463

Leigh seo tú féin nuair atá an t-am agat

Yeah I did read it. I can't find the bit where it explains how you can somehow view the act as unnecessary and "toothless" at the same time as viewing it as "a good thing".

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on June 18, 2021, 10:54:43 AM
Glad to hear you've changed your mind, and recognise that a Language Act is a "good thing". Only yesterday you dismissed it as unnecessary and as a:
"
pretty toothless law

As a result of pressure from which party, not to nominate a Deputy First Minister? Typical. Happy to enjoy the success achieved by SF but still finds a way to attack SF for delivering it.

Pure gold! I suggest you read through your posts of the last few pages and how you have been using knowledge of the Irish language as a means to attack SF and anyone who supports them. Zero self-awareness!!

What's thd saying

Ok I apologise. I weirdly thought that when you described the Irish language act as unnecessary and "toothless", that that meant you didn't think it was a good thing. However did I get that idea.

Yeah I did read it. I can't find the bit where it explains how you can somehow view the act as unnecessary and "toothless" at the same time as viewing it as "a good thing".

No capital. No extensive job opportunities.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:51:20 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2021, 10:35:53 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 09:57:22 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2021, 09:45:56 AM
For those that don't know we have an IME school in the heart of Shantallow , second oldest in North 1983 .

They have no canteen ,just huts , no permanent classrooms, no play hall. SF are a big reason for this.

So SF decide what schools get upgraded I presume in the 6 counties and its as simple as that. There are no other criteria that must be met? Even if your school is hard done by (and I am not doubting it, plenty of schools all around the island are hard done by and are in unacceptable condition), why would you be so against the ILA that it looked like they would finally get over the line. Surely that would help not hinder. You have a track record of bitter resentfullness against SF so the only thing I can conclude is that you are angry at "who" got the deal done rather than the deal itself. I am sure you have heard the phrase about biting off your nose to spite your face?

I'm not angry at all

Of course it's a good thing. And it's was the Brits delivered it anyhow . But I get frustrated at the language being used as a political football
Like what you've been doing for the last 24 hrs?

Nope. I've no political leverage at all. I'm an ordinary citizen
Your using it to try to snipe at SF. I'd call that political.

Ach God love the wee critters, SF hardly able to defend themselves

I don't believe SF will be one bit worried by your posts. But it's good you admit you were using the ILA as a political football. Glad that's cleared up.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2021, 11:22:04 AM

I'm not angry at all

I don't believe SF will be one bit worried by your posts. But it's good you admit you were using the ILA as a political football. Glad that's cleared up.
Oh they are worried .

There's more than me in Derry. Hence the clear out.  You know that clear out that I predicted 2 years before it happened. But sure apparently I'm a simpleton waffler whose ma was shagged by Gerry Adams

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:58:58 AM
"
pretty toothless law

What's thd saying

So it...isn't....a good thing again? Hard to keep up with your u-turns here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on June 18, 2021, 12:06:54 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:58:58 AM
"
pretty toothless law

What's thd saying

So it...isn't....a good thing again? Hard to keep up with your u-turns here.

You sooo dumb

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 11:28:39 AM

I'm not angry at all

Oh they are worried .

There's more than me in Derry. Hence the clear out.  You know that clear out that I predicted 2 years before it happened. But sure apparently I'm a simpleton waffler whose ma was shagged by Gerry Adams

Sinn Fein meeting 18/6/21

Agenda (in order of importance)

FBNS Posts on Forum
DUP implosion
ILA
FM/DFM strategy
NDNA

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2021, 12:25:20 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 11:28:39 AM

I'm not angry at all

Oh they are worried .

Sinn Fein meeting 18/6/21

Agenda (in order of importance)

FBNS Posts on Forum
DUP implosion
ILA
FM/DFM strategy
NDNA

Too right . Might gain them some perspective. You be cleaning the bogs

Dire Ear

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 12:44:59 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 10:52:50 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 08:22:01 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on June 17, 2021, 07:42:56 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 06:33:22 AM
Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

Do you trust the Tories to keep their word?

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.

It might be Ironic but I dont see how it is hypocrisy unless you think the idea of them even being in stormont is hypocrisy.

SF constantly tell us that WM doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. That other Nationalists are seeming less Irish for taking their seats. And now all of a sudden they are happy for a Parliament that they don't recognise or take their seats in to make laws for the North. That is pure hypocrisy.

The SDLP are constantly telling us that you need to take your seats in Westminster to have any influence. Yet SF have done "from the sidelines" what the SDLP have not been able to do form the green benches.

So:
Language Act deal achieved
DUP weakened
Abstentionist policy vindicated (again)
SDLP widely exposed as cynical opportunists

Not a bad few days work from those big bad shinners.

Apart from attempting to facilitate DUP intransigence on the Irish language, what else have the SDLP been doing these last few days?

Remind me why we are talking about SF v SDLP again?
SF don't compare themselves to the SDLP, but Eastwood's only mantra is a but SF. I should be an SDLP voter but I find their lack of a coherent strategy off putting. I am uncomfortable with some of SF's antics around commemorations, Storey funeral and constantly asking for a border poll. But I can't buy what the SDLP are selling either. With the exception of Mathew O'Toole and Nichola Mallon the SDLP are bereft of talent.

trailer

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 22, 2021, 10:39:37 AM
Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.

It might be Ironic but I dont see how it is hypocrisy unless you think the idea of them even being in stormont is hypocrisy.

SF constantly tell us that WM doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. That other Nationalists are seeming less Irish for taking their seats. And now all of a sudden they are happy for a Parliament that they don't recognise or take their seats in to make laws for the North. That is pure hypocrisy.

The SDLP are constantly telling us that you need to take your seats in Westminster to have any influence. Yet SF have done "from the sidelines" what the SDLP have not been able to do form the green benches.

So:
DUP weakened

Apart from attempting to facilitate DUP intransigence on the Irish language, what else have the SDLP been doing these last few days?

SF don't compare themselves to the SDLP, but Eastwood's only mantra is a but SF. I should be an SDLP voter but I find their lack of a coherent strategy off putting. I am uncomfortable with some of SF's antics around commemorations, Storey funeral and constantly asking for a border poll. But I can't buy what the SDLP are selling either. With the exception of Mathew O'Toole and Nichola Mallon the SDLP are bereft of talent.

Your views would appear to be in the minority.

Colum Eastwood Social Democratic & Labour Party

Elisha McCallion Sinn Féin

Majority 17110

trueblue1234

trueblue1234

imtommygunn

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 22, 2021, 10:39:37 AM

So:
DUP weakened

What do you make of Hanna? I wouldn't be dissimilar from your views here either. I am not a SF fan but there is nowhere near enough about them for me either. I really don't think Eastwood is a good leader.