Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Fortune favours Utd Tonite With the var decisions , who were 2nd best on the night.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 10, 2022, 09:27:40 PM
Utd are absolutely terrible.. I've never saw worse.. that team is not premier league quality

Pish poor. Definitely rode their luck there this evening.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

No big improvement on the performance but always good to beat slippy starfish.  ;D

Milltown Row2

Villa will fancy themselves next day out, poor from what I seen of the last 15 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2022, 09:59:43 PM
Villa will fancy themselves next day out, poor from what I seen of the last 15 minutes

Wouldn't have scored if they played to midnite , Utd to beat them 1-0 this wkend again in a poor affair.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

A win and clean sheet. Far from convincing performance. Villa performed better tonight than their win against United in Old Trafford earlier this season.

Both VAR decisions was correct and Shearer and Lineker complaining about using VAR in the FA Cup  ::)

Ghost

I thought the VAR call on Ing's disallowed goal was correct. Ramsey was interfering with Cavani's attempt to play the ball,  whether he would have got there or not is irrelevant IMO.

I'd be giving Lingard more minutes over Rashford at the minute for he's been poor as long time. Didn't look interested tonight.

NAG1

Was only a matter of time before the crowd lost patience with Rashford, simply it hasnt been good enough now for a long time (not just recently) The fact that he looks short of confidence and almost disinterested seems to have been the final straw for the fans to turn in the ground.

Despite playing so poorly Rashford and Greenwood had opportunities to play in each other for tap ins and then the game is over. Bruno trying the exceptional from the edge of the box when an easier option was on and more the percentage play.

Teams know how light the United are in the middle of the park and are exploiting that time and again, everything Villa did well came right through the middle, one twos/ simple straight balls were getting them through the heart of the team time and time again.

Actually thought Varane was looking good last night but Lindelof back to his nervous self, one step forward two back at the moment.

Sportacus

It was a hollow victory.  Villa deserved at least a draw. Should have been a penalty, Cavani was too far back from the play to ever be directly involved.  Too many players having a confidence crisis or don't know what the plan is. Can't see where United do from here, the problems are very deep.

lurganblue

I think VAR would still be looking for something to disallow that goal if Cavani didnt fall to the floor.

That being said, if ya dont take your chances and punish the poor opposition then you deserve nothing.  Can Utd be as poor as that in the league at the weekend? I'd be surprised.  John McGinn will be a miss for Villa as he's suspended.  Hopefully Coutinho is available.

The young lad who came on and played on the left showed more desire in about 5 mins football than Rashford did all evening.

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on January 11, 2022, 09:23:24 AM
I think VAR would still be looking for something to disallow that goal if Cavani didnt fall to the floor.

That being said, if ya dont take your chances and punish the poor opposition then you deserve nothing.  Can Utd be as poor as that in the league at the weekend? I'd be surprised.  John McGinn will be a miss for Villa as he's suspended.  Hopefully Coutinho is available.

The young lad who came on and played on the left showed more desire in about 5 mins football than Rashford did all evening.

Utd are a disjointed outfit to say the least.

Their midfield is overrun in every game I've saw so far this year and McTominay is getting MOTM awards on the strength of his last gasp defending and scoring the odd goal now and then. It's nothing spectacular TBH..

Very selfish play up the top end by them all, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandez and Our Lord and Saviour Christianaldo.. Cavani seems to be more team orientated but he's gone in the summer if he can't get out in the next week or two..

You'd fear for this team in the short to medium term as there doesn't seem to be any unity in the camp irrespective of who's managing them.

Milltown Row2

Its definitely Ronaldo's fault....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 09:56:22 AM

Has he helped?

Are they playing any better than they were at the end of last season?

oakleaflad

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2022, 09:58:03 AM

Has he helped?

He's probably scored more than Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Sancho and Lingard combined. They'd be in a much worse position without him for me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2022, 09:58:03 AM

Has he helped?

Last season and the start of this season has seen new managers and new systems, Ronaldo is the top scorer, to single him out as the reason for their drop off is strange. Its like blaming Rafa for Everton's poor form