GAA changing rooms

Started by Truth hurts, August 25, 2021, 11:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

thewobbler

Q: Why in championship season would any GAA club / manager willingly set every last team member up as a bound list of close contacts, when delta variant is rampant on the island?

A: they'd need to be an ignoramus to think more can be gained from doing this than not doing this.

Rudi

Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2021, 11:41:44 AM
Q: Why in championship season would any GAA club / manager willingly set every last team member up as a bound list of close contacts, when delta variant is rampant on the island?

A: they'd need to be an ignoramus to think more can be gained from doing this than not doing this.

Yep 100 %, it would be utter madness. I enjoy the team talks on the field. Less f+cking about screaming & roaring in a dressing room.

themac_23

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 25, 2021, 11:37:14 AM
It's time to open them up!

not at the minute def not, be a disaster for clubs. when the weather changes id be for teams who have to travel any decent distance being able to use showers in small numbers if they wish, that'd be the only one id be thinking it acceptable or required

Truth hurts

GAA clubs should be able to manage this, drop your gear and  walk out, no team talks etc, you then can shower afterwards, most clubs have 4 changing rooms, for adults games you could give two changing rooms to each team.

thewobbler

Aye we should.

In reality this means either a couple of volunteer Covid officer pit bulls falling out with anyone who abuses your list of acceptable uses (and putting everyone involved in bad form), or else everyone just doing whatever they please; including how they address close contacts when the question is posed.

Thank you. But no.

bigarsedkeeper

I saw someone on Twitter making the point that girls should be allowed in to change into and out of their jerseys for the match. I can see their point on that to be fair.

Armagh18

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on August 25, 2021, 12:39:09 PM
I saw someone on Twitter making the point that girls should be allowed in to change into and out of their jerseys for the match. I can see their point on that to be fair.
Jesus you'd like to think that goes without saying already. Of course changing rooms should be open, how you expect lads to drive home soaked and sweating after a game, in many cases for probably the guts of an hour I dont know.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 25, 2021, 01:14:54 PM
Jesus you'd like to think that goes without saying already. Of course changing rooms should be open, how you expect lads to drive home soaked and sweating after a game, in many cases for probably the guts of an hour I dont know.
Because the alternative is that anytime one of their teammates (which might be 40 men) gets Covid, then they're deemed a close contact.

I'd drive home from anywhere sooner than spend 10 days in isolation, let alone in isolation during championship season.

Captain Obvious

JoG2

What, are they sitting on the back of a link box? Would get cold alright

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2021, 01:25:40 PM
Because the alternative is that anytime one of their teammates (which might be 40 men) gets Covid, then they're deemed a close contact.

I'd drive home from anywhere sooner than spend 10 days in isolation, let alone in isolation during championship season.

Only thing is I suppose its that close contacts don't self isolate anymore if they are double vaccinated. Not sure if that's the case in the south too?

mackers

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 26, 2021, 07:22:01 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2021, 01:25:40 PM

Only thing is I suppose its that close contacts don't self isolate anymore if they are double vaccinated. Not sure if that's the case in the south too?
So you'd need a Vaccine passport to get into the changing room? Keep them closed.....less confusion.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

In hiding

Will they ever open again ?
When would it be acceptable to open them ?