2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Lowest ever attendance at a Leinster final ???

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: stevecw on May 10, 2016, 05:35:12 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM
Carlow and Louth could be close too, Louth have gone back a long way while Carlow showed some promise in the League. Still Louth should have enough.

No idea where you are getting this from. Louth won Div 4 along the way beating Carlow in Carlow by 13 points!  I seriously doubt it will be close, anything less than a 10 point defeat would be a sort of success for us sadly.

I still expect Louth to win but Carlow have had a good league by their low standards and Louth are nowhere near as good as they were 3 or 4 years ago. I just would not be surprised if Carlow ran them close.
Granted I haven't seen either team play recently with the last time I seen Louth in person was Kildare annihilating them in Croke Park 2 years ago in one of the most pathetic displays I can remember.

Jinxy

Quote from: ashman on May 10, 2016, 07:26:51 PM
Lowest ever attendance at a Leinster final ???

We'll bring a good crowd.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on May 10, 2016, 05:52:15 PM
I'm not missing out like I did by not putting any money on Leicester City.

€50 on Longford it is.
It would be great if the dubs did a Chelsea or Man U this year

laoislad

3-16 to 18pts win for Laois here in Portlaoise.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

Marvellous attacking football on show in both games.

Yet more evidence that Leinster remains the most entertaining of all the provincial championships.

Hats off to the four teams in action tonight.

Eagerly anticipating the midlands showdown between the Biffos and Larries in Tullamore tomorrow.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bennydorano

Saw highlights on Rory's Stories, looked good.

Donnellys Hollow

Offaly 1-12 Longford 1-6

Superb scoring in 35 minutes of football. The Leinster Championship just keeps on giving.

StGallsGAA

No Sunday Game Live today?  Are they afraid that the lazy free-state bastards won't get off their fat euro-a-block builders arses to go to the game if it's shown on tv??

Syferus

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 15, 2016, 04:23:56 PM
No Sunday Game Live today?  Are they afraid that the lazy free-state b**tards won't get off their fat euro-a-block builders arses to go to the game if it's shown on tv??

Says the buck wondering about TV coverage when his own county is playing..

StGallsGAA

QuoteQuote from: StGallsGAA on Today at 04:23:56 PM
No Sunday Game Live today?  Are they afraid that the lazy free-state b**tards won't get off their fat euro-a-block builders arses to go to the game if it's shown on tv??

Says the buck wondering about TV coverage when his own county is playing..

My county play next week.  Tickets in hand😉

twohands!!!

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 14, 2016, 08:49:01 PM
Marvellous attacking football on show in both games.

Yet more evidence that Leinster remains the most entertaining of all the provincial championships.

Hats off to the four teams in action tonight.

Eagerly anticipating the midlands showdown between the Biffos and Larries in Tullamore tomorrow.

Or the province where the teams have the least idea how to defend as a team ;)

Jonny Magee's comments about the fact that Wicklow were able to score 18 points against Laois not boding well for Laois's chances against Dublin sound fairly ominous to me.

Il Bomber Destro

The upping in standard when the Antrim Fermanagh game came on was very noticeable compared to the Leinster matches, some hilarious scores in the games in Leinster. They seem to be playing some sort of hybrid tag defending, space everywhere, inside forwards winning balls about four feet in front of their markers, handy scores being clipped over by unmarked men.

In the Ulster game you had some great scores being kicked in the face of tigerish marked and confined spaces. Wee Pete has done a terrific job there and in terms of attitude and approach to the game they are an example to any other county. No fear, no respect, they go out and play the game the way they feel suits them best and they're getting good rewards in doing so.

Antrim were a bit disappointing, thought they would have given Fermanagh a better game of it with the players they have back this year and the decent league showing they had.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 15, 2016, 11:24:00 PM
The upping in standard when the Antrim Fermanagh game came on was very noticeable compared to the Leinster matches, some hilarious scores in the games in Leinster. They seem to be playing some sort of hybrid tag defending, space everywhere, inside forwards winning balls about four feet in front of their markers, handy scores being clipped over by unmarked men.

In the Ulster game you had some great scores being kicked in the face of tigerish marked and confined spaces. Wee Pete has done a terrific job there and in terms of attitude and approach to the game they are an example to any other county. No fear, no respect, they go out and play the game the way they feel suits them best and they're getting good rewards in doing so.

Antrim were a bit disappointing, thought they would have given Fermanagh a better game of it with the players they have back this year and the decent league showing they had.

Philistine.

Jinxy

If gaelic football was art, the Leinster championship would be a painting by Salvador Dali.
The Ulster championship would be a CAD drawing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.