Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonman

Quote from: ross4life on September 29, 2013, 09:19:52 PM
And another one Galway Intermediate final Claregalway 2-8 Menlough 1-12.  Sligo,Roscommon,Galway senior finals all next Sunday i think.
Review of the Connacht draws

Senior

Quarter-Final   27th October   Tubbercurry/Tourlestrane v St. Brigids/Western Gaels - Roscommon venue

Semi-Final 1   10th November   Corofin/Salthill-Knocknacarra v Mayo winners - Galway venue

Semi-Final 2   10th November   Quarter-Final Winner v St. Marys Kiltoghert

Final   24th November

Intermediate

Quarter-Final   20th October   Kiltaine v Menlough         

Semi-Final 1   3rd November   Eslin v Boyle/Tulsk            

Semi-Final 2   3rd November   Quarter-Final Winner v Calry St. Josephs/Drumcliffe Rosses Point            

Final   17th November   

Junior

Quarter-Final   20th October   Sligo   v Fuerty         

Semi-Final 1   3rd November   Quarter-Final Winner v Leitrim            

Semi-Final 2   3rd November   Oileain Arainn v Ardnaree Sarsfields/Cill Chomain            

Final   16th November   

Remaining Leitrim,Sligo junior sides are B teams so i'm not sure does that mean Fuerty are into the final or not.

I think the Sligo final was deferred for a week to avoid a clash with the FAI cup semi in the showgrounds next sunday

ross4life

St Brigids 1-13 Western Gaels 0-9.

Expected 4th Roscommon title in row for Brigids. Decent 1st half Brigids only leading by a point 7-6 then Brigids stepped it up in the 2nd half especially the three wish men Frankie,Senan,Mango to win by a bit to spare. Sligo champions next up and it going to take a top team to stop them from winning a 4th Connacht title in a row.

I Presume the Sligo,Galway senior finals will be played next Sunday? In Mayo senior championship quarter final wins for Castlebar,Knockmore,Breaffy and Charlestown.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Regarding the Sligo/Leitrim Junior champions being 'B' sides, surely the county will nominate some other team to fill in? seanie, Sligonian or anyone involved would know the score better.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Again re the junior c'ship the Galway representatives that play the winners of Ardnaree vs Kilcommon will be Headford not Oileann Arainn.
Headford beat Oileann Arainn 3-13 to 2-10 in the West Galway final last weekend.

ross4life

Quote from: galwayman on October 06, 2013, 10:45:04 PM
Again re the junior c'ship the Galway representatives that play the winners of Ardnaree vs Kilcommon will be Headford not Oileann Arainn.
Headford beat Oileann Arainn 3-13 to 2-10 in the West Galway final last weekend.

Connacht GAA fixture section had Oileain Arainn instead of Headford. Its now updated.

-------------------

Connacht senior championship odds

St Brigids 10/11
Corofin 2/1
Castlebar 13/2
Salthill 8/1
Tourlestrane 22/1
St Marys 22/1
Breaffy 33/1
Charlestown 66/1
Tubbercurry 80/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

galwayman

If Corofin could settle on their best team they could be hard to stop.
Lots of talented players in that club.
I read somewhere that 8 of the 10 players that won the Kilmacud sevens on All Ireland weekend did not play in the county semi final.

Farrandeelin

Not even on the list of odds. Jesus if we do topple the Mitchels it'll be something else!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 07, 2013, 09:36:59 AM
Mitchells seem great odds. Hard to see brigids going again

Home Connacht final beckoning and they played excellently with a raft of injuries yesterday. Corofin or no Corofin, Brigids beat them playing badly three years ago and Corofin aren't the only ones who have 'improved' since then.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Tubberman

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 07, 2013, 10:45:51 AM
Is there any Brigids CLUB members that post on the board

I think Syferus bought the commentary, analysis and cheerleading rights until 2025.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Castlebar were seriously impressive. I think I might throw a silly 10 bob on them for the AI at this stage, no harm in having a punt. Depth of talent is huge within the squad.
But if there is a team who can do a job on them it's our neighbours. Honestly would like to see Knockmore turn them over.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2013, 11:57:47 AM
Castlebar were seriously impressive. I think I might throw a silly 10 bob on them for the AI at this stage, no harm in having a punt. Depth of talent is huge within the squad.
But if there is a team who can do a job on them it's our neighbours. Honestly would like to see Knockmore turn them over.
You'd know we've been poor enough when Ballina folk are wishing us well

We prefer being dirty and despised
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 06, 2013, 10:14:28 PM
Regarding the Sligo/Leitrim Junior champions being 'B' sides, surely the county will nominate some other team to fill in? seanie, Sligonian or anyone involved would know the score better.

All the teams in Junior in Sligo this year were "B" teams so can't even nominate one. Next year we will have a rep - Owenmore Gaels lost the Intermediate relegation final replay at the weekend so they'll be the only "A" team in JFC next year.

PadraicHenryPearse

I'm a brigids club member. Think there are 2/3 more that would come on here for a read once in a while.