Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 05, 2021, 01:36:20 PM
There was over 45 on a wider panel at one stage. I don't think anyone has been cut from that but that must come soon.

A few were let go on Tuesday night.

GlenMan

Quote from: Under Lights on May 06, 2021, 08:43:14 AM
There was over 45 on a wider panel at one stage. I don't think anyone has been cut from that but that must come soon.

I've heard that T Quinn, M McKearney, D Kerr, R Nugent, A Clarke and T Carney were cut on Tuesday. Four more to be cut this weekend.

Angelo

Quote from: GlenMan on May 06, 2021, 09:04:44 AM

I've heard that T Quinn, M McKearney, D Kerr, R Nugent, A Clarke and T Carney were cut on Tuesday. Four more to be cut this weekend.

Would have been more inclined to have a look at the likes of Quinn and Kerr than Ronan O'Neill.

No real surprises there in any case. Nugent probably a bit late now to get another chance but the rest of them will still have time on their hands to get back into the fold in future.

Who is Carney btw?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Under Lights

Quote from: Angelo on May 06, 2021, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on May 06, 2021, 09:04:44 AM

Would have been more inclined to have a look at the likes of Quinn and Kerr than Ronan O'Neill.

No real surprises there in any case. Nugent probably a bit late now to get another chance but the rest of them will still have time on their hands to get back into the fold in future.

Who is Carney btw?

Tomas Carney Derrylaughan

tyroneman

What's the latest on Cathal mcShane?

Recovered fully or still rehabbing?

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on May 07, 2021, 07:35:11 AM
What's the latest on Cathal mcShane?

Recovered fully or still rehabbing?

Very hush hush.

Hard to see him being a viable option for Championship this year if he's not back in full training by now. He's been out of action for 15 months at this stage.

Will the management but their trust in McNulty if McShane is not available?

omagh_gael

Owen Roes had pictures of him out training with the club on FB a few weeks back.

Angelo

Hope to see a good bit of rotation in the panel for the league with potentially only a three week break between the League and Championship.

Donegal could be in Championship action a week after the league if they make the final.

Fuzzman

McShane and Richie D both fully fit.

Here's the starting 15 I'd LIKE to see but those named after the / is my second choice

Morgan
Rafferty
McNamee
R. Brennan
Munroe
Hampsey
Cassidy/Meyler
Richie Donnelly
Kennedy/Cavanagh
Mattie
McKenna
P. Harte
McAliskey/McCurry or L. Brennan
McShane
Bradley/Canavan

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 08, 2021, 08:08:57 PM
McShane and Richie D both fully fit.

Here's the starting 15 I'd LIKE to see but those named after the / is my second choice

Morgan
Rafferty
McNamee
R. Brennan
Munroe
Hampsey
Cassidy/Meyler
Richie Donnelly
Kennedy/Cavanagh
Mattie
McKenna
P. Harte
McAliskey/McCurry or L. Brennan
McShane
Bradley/Canavan

Cavanagh's retired? Not far away other than that - McCurry would have to be first choice based on last year but then you do want to see gametime for Lee Brennan, Bradley & McAliskey. Frank Burns I would fit in somewhere. K. McGeary or McKernan not mentioned.
Would like to see some of the younger defenders get gametime - Conor Quinn possibly..
Difficult for management to rotate too much as no room for error really this year.

Angelo

The half back line and midfield is really up for grabs.

I hope they don't push Mattie or Hamspey into midfield, square pegs in round holes and bother are much more effective elsewhere. Be interesting to see how  they view Harte as Sludden, could one or both of them play in the half back line next year. I do think we need to give some fresh faces a go.

I'd go a long the lines of:

Morgan

Teague Hampsey Brennan

Cassidy    O'Neill    Harte

Kennedy  R Donnelly

M Donnelly Bradley McKenna

L Brenan  McShane  McAliskey

Rafferty, McCurry and McNamee would be two starters for me but I think we can't just go with our strongest XV for every game. We've generally had the McKenna Cup to check players out and those who do well will usually force their way in. Hopefully those going well in traning get the nod.

McShane I think needs the gametime as he is short of football.

God14

Tyrone slight favourites with PP at 5/6
5/4 Donegal

Tyrone need to sort the kick outs out. Find a reliable free taking solution. The rest should sort itself out.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on May 09, 2021, 12:54:43 PM

I hope they don't push Mattie or Hamspey into midfield, square pegs in round holes and bother are much more effective elsewhere. Be interesting to see how  they view Harte as Sludden, could one or both of them play in the half back line next year. I do think we need to give some fresh faces a go.

Morgan

Teague Hampsey Brennan

Kennedy  R Donnelly

Rafferty, McCurry and McNamee would be two starters for me but I think we can't just go with our strongest XV for every game. We've generally had the McKenna Cup to check players out and those who do well will usually force their way in. Hopefully those going well in traning get the nod.

I don't think you'll be seeing Kennedy Angelo....you might see McShane return to around the middle if Danny McNulty is doing as well as they say.

God14

It'd be crazy after all the good work converting McShane from an average intercounty midfielder to an All star full forward,.. to then send him back to midfield again.

McShane and McNulty together in the full forward line is exciting.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2021, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 09, 2021, 12:54:43 PM

Morgan

Teague Hampsey Brennan

Kennedy  R Donnelly

I don't think you'll be seeing Kennedy Angelo....you might see McShane return to around the middle if Danny McNulty is doing as well as they say.

Is Kennedy injured?

McShane never really impressed out the field for Tyrone so I don't think he's a viable option there.

As God14 said above, would be crazy to convert him back out the field when he only came into his own at this level when he went inside. It would be like Kerry trying to make a midfielder out of Donaghy the season after he burst on the scene as a full forward.