The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

I know this is wild early but humour me!

An oul fella I know is heading out to visit family just outside Toronto in June.  He is a fanatical Down supporter and is absolutley gutted to be missing the championship game with Tyrone (his wife booked the holiday)!

Any suggestions of pubs/clubs in Toronto where he could possibly see the match on Setanta?  Grateful for the help.

Oh and if you are reading this Sparky, I hope you and Fahy are behaving!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: No1 on January 31, 2008, 04:29:21 PM
  I know this is wild early but humour me!

An oul fella I know is heading out to visit family just outside Toronto in June.  He is a fanatical Down supporter and is absolutley gutted to be missing the championship game with Tyrone (his wife booked the holiday)!

Any suggestions of pubs/clubs in Toronto where he could possibly see the match on Setanta?  Grateful for the help.

Oh and if you are reading this Sparky, I hope you and Fahy are behaving!

Galway Arms is the best spot to go no doubt - in the West End of the city - and a savage pint of porter. Also about 10 minute drive from the Gaelic pitch in Toronto if he fancies watching myself play  :D :D

Address is 838-840 The Queensway, Toronto

If he's after a place downtown - easier to get to it would be Scallywags - not an Irish bar - but they show the games

Address - 11 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hillwalker

I'm trying to get in contact with as many North American GAA clubs to do a bit of promotional work for them for a newspaper. If anyone's interested, or just want to find out more about the project, please PM me.

Mhic Easmuint

Full details and you your ticket online at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Feel free to ask questions on the main thread.

new devil

Tyrone Football Club New York

Are holding a Question and Answer night featuring Peter Canavan & Benny Tierney
Saturday May 24th,Kelly Ryans bar, Bronx

Will be a great nights craic with a 4 hour open bar,premium buffet and live music

for futhur details contact

Ryan Canavan-1646 943 9168
Sheamus Mc Nabb-1914 403 9948
Liam Gillispie-1347 724 3349

flairgun

Anyone at the hurling sevens in New York this past weekend?
I know Offaly (NY) beat Fr. Tom's (Boston) in the final.

rolloutking

Ok lads Me and my mate are heading to the States for the summer. Were talking with a Boston Hurling Club about playing for them but they haven't got back to us. What's the deal regarding games, registration etc. When is the championship on?

Any hurling clubs in Boston looking players PM me.

Cheers

flairgun

Quote from: rolloutking on May 08, 2008, 01:59:23 AM
Ok lads Me and my mate are heading to the States for the summer. Were talking with a Boston Hurling Club about playing for them but they haven't got back to us. What's the deal regarding games, registration etc. When is the championship on?

Any hurling clubs in Boston looking players PM me.

Cheers
You have mail.

Gabriel_Hurl

Toronto Season starts off this weekend

St Pat's are holding their 40th Anniversary banquet on Saturday night with guest of honour Nicky Brennan

Here is this years schedule

Niall Quinn

Big game on the weekend for you guys Gabe - best of luck.

Montreal 9-a-side winners:

Ottawa Gaels (men & women)
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Gabriel_Hurl