Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

The Division 1 derby game yesterday between Moy and Eglish was a rather low-key affair....Sean Quinn from Brackaville refereed it well and the only bother he had was when the Eglish corner forward rather foolishly gave him some verbal abuse two minutes from the end.  The Eglish lad was sent-off and will now miss the championship match against Omagh next weekend.

While we are delighted with the result, which moves us up to third in the table and keeps our unbeaten record intact, yesterday's match was riddled with errors and we made serious hard work of it at times.  I don't think the Ardboe contingent in the crowd will have been quaking in their boots at our display and, after trouncing Trillick last Thursday night, the loughshore men will definitely start favourites in our big championship clash next Saturday night.  I just hope we can give the Rossas a good game. 

Our main priority of course is to secure three or four more wins in the league which should keep us in Division 1 next season.

orangeman

Quote from: Redhandfan on May 03, 2009, 03:10:45 PM
The Division 1 derby game yesterday between Moy and Eglish was a rather low-key affair....Sean Quinn from Brackaville refereed it well and the only bother he had was when the Eglish corner forward rather foolishly gave him some verbal abuse two minutes from the end.  The Eglish lad was sent-off and will now miss the championship match against Omagh next weekend.

While we are delighted with the result, which moves us up to third in the table and keeps our unbeaten record intact, yesterday's match was riddled with errors and we made serious hard work of it at times.  I don't think the Ardboe contingent in the crowd will have been quaking in their boots at our display and, after trouncing Trillick last Thursday night, the loughshore men will definitely start favourites in our big championship clash next Saturday night.  I just hope we can give the Rossas a good game. 
Our main priority of course is to secure three or four more wins in the league which should keep us in Division 1 next season.

How many did you beat us by in 2005 ?? Remind me again. Match over after 10 minutes - you're unbeaten in the league. Pull the other one.  ;) ;)  Mattie was looking your game off yesterday so as to avoid injuries etc for next week's game.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Result from Loughmacrory:

Cookstown Fr Rocks: 0-12, Strabane Sigersons 1-08. Strabane were leading 1-07 to 0-03 at half-time.

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 01, 2009, 01:52:04 PM
WJ Dolan Intermediate Championship
Sun 3rd May 2.00 & 3.30pm @ Loch Mhic Ruairi
an Srath Ban v An Corra Chriochach

Strabane appear to have had a little trouble readjusting to Intermediate Football whilst Cookstown, with the exception of their defeat last weekend (minus Owen Mulligan), have been doing enough to win games. Cookstown will be expected to win, however that is no guarantee given their Championship record. Expect them to fall over the line by 2.

You weren't too far away with that one at all tyrone86. Although I wasn't at it, by all accounts it was one that we should have won, but scoring only once (after 28 minutes) in the second half did not help our cause at all.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

redcard

Augher 0-10 Gortin 0-12

Two points in added time seal victory for gortin after Augher equalised at 0-10 each at end of norma time

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 01:54:35 PM
Norf Tyrone- I never said all the top refs are from the top clubs- what you are advocating is that  the likes of Bert Mohan, Martin Sludden, Mickey Hughes, Francie Gallagher, and Eamon Mc Hugh couldn't referee Div 1 games- it doesn't take 3-4 months to work out such an argument (only one e in the word by the by). These are all prominent Tyrone referees and the reason why such a motion from Clan na Gael was never passed is because it didn't make any sense!!

You obviously know more about this than I do, (And a beter speler to). I still, and note the I bit, think there was life in this motion. Is it really important that the refs you named get the chance to ref division 1 games? They can still ref 5 other divisions in the ACL, and also Championship games if and when their side falls by the wayside.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

You're entitled to your opinion Norf Tyrone but any referee I have spoken wants to be the best they can at the job. They can't do that by being restricted in the level of games they officiate at. By restricting their remit of games you are basically questioning their integrity. Referees will certainly make mistakes but in my experience the vast majority are honest mistakes.

laceer

Harps 1-12 killyman 1-10 f/t.

Stewartstown by far the better side. Their forwards namely Owen Coyle, Peter Armour and Gareth Devlin were probably the difference. Armour and Coyles points at the end were superb. Quite a niggly contest with Killyman seeming intent on trying to get Gareth Devlin sent off. Killyman will struggle to stay up now now their championship is over. Always thought Stewartstown were a very good championship team and will take a good team to beat them now.

Killyman weren't trying to get Devlin sent off. Devlin is a class act, and as you rightly ponted out was probably the difference(along with Mickey Mulgrew) between the sides but he is constantly involved in off the ball incidents.Did he not grab a Killyman man by the throat when he was on the ground?Only another Killyman player got involved, Devlin would have been gone. If Killyman wanted him sent off they would have kept at him after he got that yellow. That ain't the way they play

Armour has lost his pace but still has great feet. His goal and the pointed free at the end were top drawer
they did get one devlin sent off. I would like to know who appointed a Moy Linesman (who was instrumental in getting our player sent off) surely knowing that Peter Loughran was manager of Killyman? Not exactly impartial is it?

someone else asked a couple weeks ago if anyone else thought the refereeing in tyrone sucked this year. after our last 2 games I can categorically say yes.

the referee tonight gave frees and booked players (for both sides) for the most inoccuous things yet let dangerous tackles go. also the penalty decision was a shocker.

stewartstown were 4 ahead with 10 minutes left when the sending off occured and killyman to their credit drew level with a minute or so left and looked liked they were going to win it but the harps showed character and came back with a couple of quality points (armours point was a beauty from a sideline ball) to take victory.

How can you say Killyman got one Devlin sent off?It wasn't a red card but it was a high tackle and deserved a yellow. I'd say he'll get off on appeal

The referee let the game go but he got the sending off wrong and the penalty was debatable. He also failed to give Killyman a stone wall free just after Armour had put Stewartstown one up near the end. I heard Tyrone's top whistler Mickey Hughes was assessing him... ::)

Stewartstown probably deserved this one.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 01:54:35 PM
Norf Tyrone- I never said all the top refs are from the top clubs- what you are advocating is that  the likes of Bert Mohan, Martin Sludden, Mickey Hughes, Francie Gallagher, and Eamon Mc Hugh couldn't referee Div 1 games- it doesn't take 3-4 months to work out such an argument (only one e in the word by the by). These are all prominent Tyrone referees and the reason why such a motion from Clan na Gael was never passed is because it didn't make any sense!!
Clann na nGael - as you seem to be so keen on these things  ;)

Rocky Mc Guigan

Donebrack- Aughamana or whatever you want to call them. Makes no difference to me. Amalgamation United heading for Div 3.

aroundincircles

Was up at derrylaughan and the rock.No harm to them  the rock are possibly the worst team i ever seen in the flesh.

Rocky Mc Guigan

You better let them know over on the Tyrone website too- wouldn't want to offend anyone in Aughabrack/Donemana. On the subject of names one of best newspaper laughs I had was the day the Ulster Herald posted the club notes as 'Aughabrack Daniel O' Donnells'. Sheer class. ;

aroundincircles

i left was 2.10 to 6 points or something like that.

nothingbettertobeat

when is the draw for the next round of the intermediate championship?
has the build for an exciting climax with cilliseal, derrylaughan, looking thye pick of the teams i seen over the weekend.cookstown laboured for long spells against a clueless strabane team who only mustered one point in the second half.looking forward til seeing greencastle when is that game??
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

aroundincircles

KIDDO 4

Fixtures for Wed 6th / Thurs 7th / Fri 8th / Sat 9th May

Wed 6th May 7.30pm O'Neills ACL Div 3

Aghaloo v Brocagh (Res only)
WJ Dolan Senior Championship Thurs 7th May 7.15pm

Venue

Achadh UiArain v Coill an Chlochair   Droim Caoin

Thur 7th May 7.30pm O'Neills ACL Div 3

Aghaloo v Brocagh (Sen only )

Dungannon v Beragh (Sen only)
WJ Dolan Senior Championship Fri 8th May 7.00 & 8.30pm

Cluin Eo v Trileach     an Omaigh

Oilean a'Ghuil v Droim Mor    an Omaigh
Fri 8th May 7.30pm O'Neills ACL Div 3

Dungannon v Beragh (Res only)
WJ Dolan Senior Championship Sat 9th May 2.00 & 3.30pm

an Omaigh v Eaglais     Gallbhaile

Loch MacRuairi v An Charraig Mhor   Gallbhaile
WJ Dolan Senior Championship Sat 9th May 5.30 & 7.00pm

Domhnach Mor v Errigal Ciaran   Dun Geanainn

Ardbo v an Maigh     Dun Geanainn
Sat 9th May 2.00 & 3.30pm

O'Neills ACFL Div 2

Strabane v Moortown

Clann na nGael v Greencastle

Derrylaughan v Gortin

Cookstown v Killeeshil

Rock v Pomeroy

Stewartstown v Killyman

Augher v Eskra

Urney v Edendork

O'Neills ACFL Div 3

Drumragh v Drumquin

Tattyreagh v Brackaville

ER O'Neills v Dregish

Errigal Ciaran III v Derrytresk

Fintona v Clogher  Res (4.15pm Sen 5.45pm)

Glenelly v Castlederg