Selective video evidence

Started by cadhlancian, February 23, 2009, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up tyrone

Not much of a mention of the antrim
number 21`s assault in the sligo match yesterday.By the way were is the all the people that slagged
of ricey and tommy mc guigan wrote about i dont know how many pages of garbage,yet no mention of this assault y-day.
The sligo man was lucky he was able 2 get up.Has the BOARD MEMBERS gone 2 sleep in the last 24hrs?Are maybe us tyronies
are right to feel victimised,nobody can say this match was not on tv and nobody seen it.I expect after everybody has read this
post their will maybe get 50 till 60 posts in the next few days!

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on April 26, 2009, 08:14:19 PM
What happened?
A bad tackle, straight into the Sligo man's head. Antrim man sent off with a yellow.
Was pretty wreckless, but at least it was in the vicinity of the ball. Probably deserved a red card all the same.

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on April 26, 2009, 09:12:28 PM
Ah, I thought he may have been talking about the 'kick' to the goolies.
Maybe he was - not sure.

Tyrone Dreamer

Doubt he'll be done for it. It was a lot more dangerous than what McMenamin did.

Redhandfan

Quote from: up tyrone on April 26, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Not much of a mention of the antrim
number 21`s assault in the sligo match yesterday.By the way were is the all the people that slagged
of ricey and tommy mc guigan wrote about i dont know how many pages of garbage,yet no mention of this assault y-day.
The sligo man was lucky he was able 2 get up.Has the BOARD MEMBERS gone 2 sleep in the last 24hrs?Are maybe us tyronies
are right to feel victimised,nobody can say this match was not on tv and nobody seen it.I expect after everybody has read this
post their will maybe get 50 till 60 posts in the next few days!

It looks like the Antrim player in question could be facing a suspension after all, based on video evidence.  It would appear that 'up tyrone' has the same influence and power in getting players suspended than those know-it-all analysts working for Setanta!!!

The point made by 'up tyrone' is a good one, though.  Many of those who expressed their horror and disgust at the actions of Ryan McMenamin and Tommy McGuigan in live televised NFL games this year strangely had no comment to make in relation to the very dangerous incident in the Antrim-Sligo game.  I suppose it is proof that there are do-gooders on this Board (mostly from Armagh, might I add) who are very selective when it comes to condemning players actions.  

the green man

I don't think your arguement holds up RHF, as the chances of Armagh men watching Antrim on TV would be very slim

Redhandfan

the green man, are you saying that the orange men are far more interested in watching Tyrone on tv than Antrim?  No way.....sure, they hate the sight of us!!!!

hardstation, you are talking balls....stop taking the mickey

ardmhachaabu

I didn't see the incident involving the Antrim player.  If it deserved suspension, I hope he gets what he deserves.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Redhandfan

Fair play to ya, ardmhachaabu, better late than never!

hardstation, don't be getting a-head of yourself.....the Antrim player is innocent until proven guilty.  If he does get 4-6 weeks, I hope he has a shoulder to cry on.

Redhandfan

Yep, Mr Seamus Woods from Drumragh will see to it that the Antrim player goes down for a very long time.  We could be looking at a life sentence.

Redhandfan

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think I am going to give you Woods' address. 

saffron sam2

Fully deserves any suspension that comes his way.

Disappointed, but not surprised by Dr McSparran's contribution to the debate.

From the Irish News. 29th April

QuoteANTRIM County Board Chairman Dr John McSparran last night confirmed that neither he nor county secretary Frankie Quinn had received any correspondence from the GAA's Central Competition Control Committee (CCCC) over an incident involving Sean Burke.

A number of GAA websites and a national newspaper carried a story yesterday stating that the St Gall's man would be the first player to appear before the GAA's new committee, which is now chaired by Tyrone's Seamus Woods.

Burke picked up a yellow card late on in Saturday's NFL Division Four defeat to Sligo. Television replays appeared to show Burke catching Sligo's Gary Gaughan with his elbow.

"It's the first I heard of it," said McSparran when contacted last night. "I didn't realise we had a senior football team."

"We have received no confirmation from the CCCC. We just came from a meeting there and we have heard nothing on the matter."

"It would raise the question of 'who is actually running the show'?"

"If any suspension was to arise, given the fact that this is in the public domain and has been discussed through various media outlets, that would give me cause for concern – it's trial by TV.

"Mickey Harte has a point in this. Who is making the decisions here?

"Is the CCCC reacting because an incident has been highlighted or are they acting on a consistent basis and how can we prove they are being consistent? What happens if a match is not covered by TV?

"We can all accept if a referee makes a mistake and they are asked to clarify something. I don't have a problem with that.

"But I do have concerns if an incident that attracts media attention suddenly appears in front of the CCCC."

If the CCCC decides that Burke should have been given a red card, then he will receive an automatic four-week suspension.

In any case, it is unlikely that he will miss Antrim's first round Ulster SFC tie with Donegal in Ballybofey on June 14.

I might have added a sentence myself.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

aroundincircles

Rumour has the gaa have scrapped video evidence and are bringing in internment starting with ricey gormley cairan mc keever cairan whelan and cj mc gourty.

Maguire01

Quote from: Redhandfan on April 30, 2009, 11:33:55 PM
The point made by 'up tyrone' is a good one, though.  Many of those who expressed their horror and disgust at the actions of Ryan McMenamin and Tommy McGuigan in live televised NFL games this year strangely had no comment to make in relation to the very dangerous incident in the Antrim-Sligo game.  I suppose it is proof that there are do-gooders on this Board (mostly from Armagh, might I add) who are very selective when it comes to condemning players actions.  
Probably because very few have actually seen it!
It would be interesting to compare the viewing figures for the Tyrone games and this Antrim game, but i'd imagine it's a significant factor.

milltown row

bit of a fiesty game, Scullion beforehand ended up with ketchup all over his gob. think burkey tried to stop himself but managed to catch the poor fellow in the ear. these things always look worse when in slow motion.

if he is dealt with by the referee on the day is that not enough? why have a referee just let them play (no referee) and have a judge of referees like boxing and if they all press the button at the same time then a big horn lets rip and the match stops ;)