Irelands Slurry Problem

Started by thedice, April 19, 2023, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 20, 2023, 11:12:45 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on April 20, 2023, 11:03:37 AM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on April 20, 2023, 10:13:45 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 20, 2023, 09:16:33 AM
That's all this board needed, a thread dedicated to talking shite!

Worse than that. Talking shite about shite. A 6 axel slurry tanker!! PMSL

A photo of the 6 axel tanker would have been appreciated.

I'd imagine it was 3 axle 6 wheeler. Tho the more wheels the better the shape the fecking fields have been in!!

It prob was. I was just laughing at the thought of a 6 axel tanker - be some beast...lol. Regardless, no farmer or contractor is taking a twin or tri-axle tanker into any field unless on the rare occasion of extremely dry weather. These tankers are 99% of the time for ferrying slurry to an umbilical system or a smaller tanker in the field which can travel over wetter ground during spring or autumn months.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Last Man on April 20, 2023, 10:21:50 AM
Give the farmers a break I say, its the way it is because we want cheap food and the farmers have to do whatever they can in terms of efficiency to protect their livelyhoods. Regenerative models would help matters but the market can't live with the price of it. Wouldn't have a bad word said about farmers, they are the backbone of the country.
exporting food out of the country so they can have baby feed in china while we grow less and less crops and veg every year
modern farming model is not sustainable

we had a neighbour spreading slurry in the dark early on st stephen's morning.

snoopdog

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 20, 2023, 12:11:06 PM
Give the farmers a break I say, its the way it is because we want cheap food and the farmers have to do whatever they can in terms of efficiency to protect their livelyhoods. Regenerative models would help matters but the market can't live with the price of it. Wouldn't have a bad word said about farmers, they are the backbone of the country.
exporting food out of the country so they can have baby feed in china while we grow less and less crops and veg every year

His tank may have been overflowing.

trailer

Quote from: snoopdog on April 20, 2023, 01:42:22 PM

He was overstocked and a f**king gobshite.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 20, 2023, 01:51:22 PM

Not enough hours in the day for farmers when the weather is with them, the silage wagons would be going well into the early hours down here in the summer time.

sensethetone

Probably spits on his hands over and over again..

thedice

Farmers crying poverty reminds me of Mitchell and Webb....

https://youtu.be/KaZuBziWLgk

All the inherited wealth too!!

All in there will be a serious problem in this country as alluded to by the guardian report

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sensethetone on April 20, 2023, 02:42:15 PM

Probably spits on his hands over and over again..

Rory Gallagher?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thedice

Nice to see Lough Neagh up there looking resplendent with its blue green coating!!

Who is held accountable...
No one

trailer

Quote from: thedice on August 21, 2023, 07:55:14 PM
Nice to see Lough Neagh up there looking resplendent with its blue green coating!!

Who is held accountable...
No one

The Lough is owned by Lord Shaftsbury... in this day and age. A modern day absentee landlord. We should campaign to bring it into public ownership.

general_lee

He only owns the bed and the banks.

north_antrim_hound

You lot should be more focused on your own slurry. Currently the main processing plant in Belfast is too small to handle all the sludge coming from treatment plants all over the north where it is incinerated.. It's in the process of being expanded but NI water has been seriously delayed with plans due to guess what "no Stormont". As we speak the excess sludge is going by boat to Scotland to be processed to the tune of millions every month at the expense of the taxpayers. You might say I'm talking sh..te ( literally )but it's a reminder of how dysfunctional out current administration is. Crazy stuff
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on August 22, 2023, 10:21:06 AM

He shouldn't own any of it. And outside of the bed and the banks what else is there? The water?

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on August 22, 2023, 10:52:26 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 22, 2023, 10:21:06 AM

He shouldn't own any of it. And outside of the bed and the banks what else is there? The water?
I agree it should be confiscated from him, his family make a fortune from it.