Fuel tank

Started by Jim Bob, February 27, 2021, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Anyone got a fuel tank at home for filling cars?
Thinking of getting one but don't know anyone who has one
Surely if you buy in bulk you ll get cheaper price
Anyone know anything about this?

sensethetone

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 27, 2021, 07:20:06 PM
Anyone got a fuel tank at home for filling cars?
Thinking of getting one but don't know anyone who has one
Surely if you buy in bulk you ll get cheaper price
Anyone know anything about this?
I had thought about doing that one time.. what put me off was the notion some tr**p would stroke it..

thewobbler

I'm guessing that by the time you add a share of the cost of a tank and installing a tank, onto every litre you consume, you'd need to be doing some serious mileage before you see a saving.

trileacman

Know of practically no one at this. It's a plan wide open to abuse or theft add in the fact that if you've a leak or malfunction you could be pissing away hundreds of pounds of diesel unbeknownst to yourself.

Don't bother.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sensethetone

I had thought you may have had better quality fuel rather than some of the pish in some filling stations.. the guy who used to deliver our heating oil was f**king about and got caught.. not saying all delivery drivers are like that but the idea of that guy knowing where a handy fill was finished it for me..

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: thewobbler on February 27, 2021, 09:02:28 PM
I'm guessing that by the time you add a share of the cost of a tank and installing a tank, onto every litre you consume, you'd need to be doing some serious mileage before you see a saving.

Single skin tanks are practically free these days.
i usse an speelchekor

WeeDonns

know plenty of people who do this.
Their tanks are all full of red diesel though...

J70

We used to have one for red diesel for the tractor when I was growing up. Kept it well locked.

Never kept a tank for the car though, whether it was diesel or petrol at a particular time.

I think even the red diesel ended up not being worth the effort though. Once the local coop started selling it, the auld fella just started using them instead.