Stan

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 17, 2023, 10:30:18 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 17, 2023, 09:22:23 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 17, 2023, 09:00:50 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 17, 2023, 08:58:54 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 17, 2023, 08:37:08 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 16, 2023, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: Stan on July 16, 2023, 06:12:51 PM
Two great semi-finals over the weekend. How far behind are we? Two really bad years football for Tyrone...what next?

In terms of footballing ability we aren't that far behind but a massive change in attitude is required.
Another season of going through the motions would be unacceptable and if that means dropping guys from the panel like McGeary, Burns, O'Neill and Sludden who all seem content with 1 All-Ireland then so be it.

As in Michael O'Neill is going through the motions? Not sure what you are watching there. Correct on the other three.
Perhaps not going through the motions, but just is not up to the standard required at the top level, which is perhaps is the managements fault for constantly playing him. Not sure what he adds

He would be involved in those turnovers where Tyrone swarm an attacker and force them to over carry.

Likes a good aul roar in the opponents face too.

And therin lies the problem

Not at the standard? He was 6 all year when Tyrone won the All Ireland. We're from a county that aren't exactly short on good footballers either so it isn't as if he didn't warrant his place there. 

Appreciate he didn't have a good game against Kerry. They seemed to deliberately let him carry possession and he gave it away often. But I'd argue management should have rotated things to get, for example, Matty Donnelly or Petey Harte in to MO'N's role instead when they seen who Kerry were tagging. 

There will be a rush to say "those guys aren't good enough anymore, bring in the U20's" but Tyrone aren't getting back to the top table again by throwing the baby out with the bath water and ditching players like Michael O'Neill.

Tyrone have the players - on the current panel, on the fringes and coming through the ranks - to compete in semi-finals and finals. No way that we would have beaten any of those 4 teams playing at the weekend.

Management team isn't right in my opinion - the last 2 years have yielded the worst performances by far and its hard to see what they are building up to.

Too many good men have left the panel...too many men on the panel under performing...feels like we have been going backwards rater than using our win to move us forward

God14

I'm surprised the management havnt stepped down by now.

sensethetone

Quote from: God14 on July 17, 2023, 11:10:17 AM

Is their term up this year?

God14

Quote from: sensethetone on July 17, 2023, 11:15:00 AM

yes, 3 year term complete.

sensethetone

Quote from: God14 on July 17, 2023, 11:25:39 AM

have you heard they left this morning? probably untrue.

God14

Quote from: sensethetone on July 17, 2023, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: God14 on July 17, 2023, 11:25:39 AM

have you heard they left this morning? probably untrue.

No not heard that

Quarterbackk

Chatter that they want another 2 years.....

An Watcher

Honestly don't think they've done enough to merit that.  Done a great job to win the all ireland but something seriously wrong the way we've been playing

sam03/05

I think 1 AI in three years and remaining in Div 1 throughout that time  - gives enough credit in bank.
It will be a bit of a rebuild job regardless of who is in the hot seat.

Jerome

I have already said it in this thread but regardless of who the management team is they all must be 100% committed to Tyrone cause and if coaches aren't willing to give up club commitments during county season then find suitable candidates that will.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 17, 2023, 07:51:48 PM
I think 1 AI in three years and remaining in Div 1 throughout that time  - gives enough credit in bank.

On the surface that looks very good and well worth another term. In reality after year one - and winning that AI was a magnificent effort - Tyrone have been a mess and regressed massively. I could accept a couple of mediocre seasons in other circumstances but there has been no sign of any cohesive plan unfortunately and the team has under performed hugely given the quality of player available. Sorry to say it but I don't see any evidence at all to suggest the current management team deserve more time.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 20, 2023, 11:10:29 PM

On the surface that looks very good and well worth another term. In reality after year one - and winning that AI was a magnificent effort - Tyrone have been a mess and regressed massively. I could accept a couple of mediocre seasons in other circumstances but there has been no sign of any cohesive plan unfortunately and the team has under performed hugely given the quality of player available. Sorry to say it but I don't see any evidence at all to suggest the current management team deserve more time.

Blasé BS. Why don't you get down to the soecific of why the management are to blame and not the players.
You talk about quality of players.
Should  they have won an All Ireland this year  under different management ?
Should players have been played in different positions}
Should other players have been played iand where? 
Tell us why we didn't win the All Ireland this year

trueblue1234

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 21, 2023, 12:04:03 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 20, 2023, 11:10:29 PM

Blasé BS. Why don't you get down to the soecific of why the management are to blame and not the players.
You talk about quality of players.
Should  they have won an All Ireland this year  under different management ?
Should players have been played in different positions}
Should other players have been played iand where? 
Tell us why we didn't win the All Ireland this year
It's been two bad years. We're not just taking about not winning an AI in the last two years. We haven't been competitive at all. The players will shoulder some blame but so do the management. The number of players leaving the panel, the lack of confidence that good established players have shown, Our slowness at breaking with the ball, are all aspects I would say can be pointed at the management.
I think it's time for a change.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jim Bob

And why what you stated above is the management s fault ? Be specific

Darragh Canavan is happy for them to stay on and he'd know a lot more about the state of things than you

LeoMc

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 21, 2023, 12:59:58 AM
And why what you stated above is the management s fault ? Be specific

Darragh Canavan is happy for them to stay on and he'd know a lot more about the state of things than you
Daragh was asked a direct question. He could hardly have said anything else.
You appear to be trying to absolve management of all blame.
I am not party to the day to day going on's in Garvaghey but the number of players walking away over the past 2 years does not indicate a happy camp. Players need to believe in what they are doing to invest the time and it would appear not enough players are being convinced.