Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: yellowcard on January 16, 2020, 11:47:53 PM

What happened Hugh Cahill on 2FM, thought he was a very good host of Game On on 2FM but he seems to have disappeared off the airwaves and the show hasn't been the same since.

I was wondering that myself. Alan Cawley and Gary Murphy were good in the studio alongside him too. I don't listen to it now at all since it's new format. Gone to the dogs altogether.

DuffleKing

The Joe man spoke a lot this week about the value of the GAA and the fun he had working for RTE. One thing he didn't do was make a single argument to rationalise why he should have been retained or to outline what he brings to "analysis" around games. It looks to me that RTE have decided that talking nonsense and relaying mostly fabricated and unrelated tales is no longer what they want to provide around games under the name of professional insight.

The SKY approach has shown RTE up and they finally realise that the typical GAA person is as interested in informed analysis as any other sports fan. That's a point Joe has still failed to grasp - no matter how entertainlingly he reasons otherwise.

shawshank

How has the sky approached showed RTE up, nobodies watching  Sky, the figures back it up?🧐

Angelo

Quote from: shawshank on January 17, 2020, 12:59:09 AM
How has the sky approached showed RTE up, nobodies watching  Sky, the figures back it up?🧐

RTE hardly cover any football. It's a hurling station, f**k them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

Quote from: Silver hill on January 16, 2020, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 08:41:48 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 15, 2020, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 12:34:00 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 15, 2020, 12:28:32 PM
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He's really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.

Nope, he peddles blatant mistruths to further his agenda and it can be extremely vindictive and nasty too. I won't divulge much into his personal life but you can probably find a lot of answers there too.

So much hatred, poison and obsession. Such a cheap shot to leave hanging. Haters are gonna hate... Tyronies need to let it go.

Feck me there's as much whining from the Derry (And Armagh as it happens!!)  posters about Tyrone ones disliking their wee Joe. It's equally as cringworthy as some of the comments on Joe. Some people don't like him. Not the end of the world lads. While I'm sure Joe admires your staunch defense of his name, I'd also say he doesn't give one iota of a sh!te to what is posted on T'internet about him.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2020, 08:50:01 AM

There's far more competitive games in the Hurling, especially in the early weeks of the championship. That's not RTÉ's fault.

Snapchap

Listened to his interview where he was pressed on his double standards. He was asked if he would ever work for Sky, now that he had done his u-turn on Eir. He didn't rule it out, but only, says he, if Sky agree to allow hospitals to broadcast the games for free because that is "huge" for him.

Talk about a desperate attempt to cling to his moral high ground despite having just willfully slid down from it. An absolute bulls****er.

Why does he only require Sky to offer their match broadcasts free to hospitals before he'd work for them? Why doesn't he require that from Eir too?

One suspects if Sky came looking for him first, he'd have lept at it and no doubt righteously proclaimed that he would never work with Eir unless they offered their broadcasts to hospitals for free.

The fact of the matter is, if you are prepared to accept a role on a pay-per-view channel, you forfeit your right to use the 'but what about those in hospital' line. You can't ride both those horses at the same time, Joe. You look silly trying to.

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on January 17, 2020, 10:00:10 AM

There's far more competitive games in the Hurling, especially in the early weeks of the championship. That's not RTÉ's fault.

Is there?

The hurling championship is effectively ringfenced for 9 counties. It's a bit of a joke now where it's highly likely teams could meet at 3 different stages of the Championship.

I'm critical of the Super 8 platform, the hurling Championship starts off on pretty much a Super 8 platform, you have four provinces amalgamated into two and a load of games that effectively mean nothing.

As for hurling itself, doesn't do a lot for me as a spectacle, quite aimless with teams just driving the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, as much as RTE wish to hype it up I don't really care for it.

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2020, 10:29:27 AM

Is there?

The hurling championship is effectively ringfenced for 9 counties. It's a bit of a joke now where it's highly likely teams could meet at 3 different stages of the Championship.

I'm critical of the Super 8 platform, the hurling Championship starts off on pretty much a Super 8 platform, you have four provinces amalgamated into two and a load of games that effectively mean nothing.

As for hurling itself, doesn't do a lot for me as a spectacle, quite aimless with teams just driving the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, as much as RTE wish to hype it up I don't really care for it.

You don't understand it, that's fine.

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on January 17, 2020, 10:57:56 AM

Is there?

I understand it a little too well for yourself, unfortunately.

The hurling championship is proliferation of meaningless matches that only has popularity in one province.

The sheep on this island have, as usual, bought into the hype and propaganda RTE have sold them. They made it work for rugby football and they've made it work for hurling too.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2020, 11:02:24 AM

Is there?

The hurling championship is proliferation of meaningless matches that only has popularity in one province.

The sheep on this island have, as usual, bought into the hype and propaganda RTE have sold them. They made it work for rugby football and they've made it work for hurling too.

Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey Mickey Harte rather than human beings!"

Acts 5:29

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on January 17, 2020, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2020, 11:02:24 AM

Is there?

Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey Mickey Harte rather than human beings!"

Acts 5:29

Unlike the Derry lads, there is freedom to think in Tyrone.

You are chasing your tail around here trying to defend a bullshitter that has stitched you and your naive sidekicks up like a kipper.

Angelo

It's gas the way the Derry lads obsess over Mickey Harte on a Joe Brolly thread and then claim its Tyrone lads who are obsessed.

Contradicting themselves must be their favourite hobby.

screenexile

It's good to see Tyronies obsessing over Brolly he lives rent free in your head!!

Now would be the point where I ask where I defended him... I didn't!

He's wrong of course he's wrong on this but lets not pretend he's the only person ever to make a U turn as you sit up on your high horse judging because he's told a few home truths about Tyrone over the years.

You should read John 8:7

imtommygunn

Angelo there are many far more competitive games in the hurling. Unlike the football we don't know up front who is going to win it. Also as Jc said the earlier games are more competitive. Football early on bar a game or two in Ulster is basically a dance in preparation for the big stuff.

The most obsessed with Micky Harte are two particular boys from Tyrone in the Tyrone thread. It's actually pretty unhealthy and brings out a bit of nastiness.

Yes joe brolly is a bit of a gobshite but as usual you have went a bit far ;D