Stones to play Glastonbury

Started by rodney trotter, March 27, 2013, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Stone may been alright 20yrs ago but from what  i see there, i wouldnt go outa my way to watch them now, wouldnt been good for slane this yr at all going on what i see on tv

From the Bunker

Yeah, these lads are either side of 70 and they look it. I was semi embarrassed watching it. They have allot of session players with them covering up the holes. In fact it looks like none of the original members were playing anything. On the other hand you have to admire the lasting power in these guys. They are surely not still in it for the money? They (naturally) look wrecked though!

the Deel Rover

I always wanted to go to a stones gig however having watched them last night it seems I missed the boat. They sounded terrible. Just wondering does tony f think the stones are a global brand  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

T Fearon

Of course they're a global brand.Jagger has always said that concert performance is their forte,and I reckon they can still hack it in that regard.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: T Fearon on June 30, 2013, 07:50:54 AM
Of course they're a global brand.Jagger has always said that concert performance is their forte,and I reckon they can still hack it in that regard.

Having heard them last night I wouldn't pay to go to watch them 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 30, 2013, 12:39:43 AM
I thought it was underwhelming. The Boss from a few years ago was the benchmark in my eyes.

Yeah no comparison between the two.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Gaffer

Gotta hand it to Kenny Rodgers!!!

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

T Fearon

I thought the Stones performed very well for a bunch of near 70 year olds.Saw Kenny Rodgers in Belfast a few years ago (tickets won,I certainly wouldnt pay for them) and thought his performance was as plastic as his face.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gaffer on June 30, 2013, 06:34:21 PM
Gotta hand it to Kenny Rodgers!!!

+1. he got the crowd singing and dancing along to all the hits. thought he was v good.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

johnneycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2013, 01:05:58 AM
Yeah, these lads are either side of 70 and they look it. I was semi embarrassed watching it. They have allot of session players with them covering up the holes. In fact it looks like none of the original members were playing anything. On the other hand you have to admire the lasting power in these guys. They are surely not still in it for the money? They (naturally) look wrecked though!

Yeah, session musicians were doing most of the playing IMO, but I suppose it wasn't a bad gig for a bunch of 70 year olds, Jagger is painfully thin, needs a good feed of new spuds and butter into him.

T Fearon

Jagger has a 28 inch waist, maintained since his teenage days. His ould fella was PE Lecturer at St Mary's College Stawberry Hill, London, and has undoubtedly influenced his son and probably generations of GAA players too.

Santino

Just back from Glasto and Kenny Rogers was highlight of wkend! Seriously! On a roasting hot Sunday afternoon when everyone was getting bit tired/hungover he had the crowd in the palm of his hand! Think every Irish Glasto tourist was there!

bamboo

Was there myself. Must say Kenny was the man. Crowd got bigger and bigger by every song and by the encore everyone was up singing and dancing. Fair play to the fella.  Him and Mumford were my 2 picks. Probably cos they're the only 2 that i really remember.

Seen Django Django do a secret set on Thurs eve. Lead guy is a Derry man, really got the crowd going. Wouldn't necessarily be my type of music but his stage presence impressed me. Plus it was only Thurs so my brain was operating at around 80% at that stage. The less said about Friday and Saturday the better.