Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 25, 2021, 09:54:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 25, 2021, 09:51:50 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 25, 2021, 09:41:41 PM
I was today years old when i first noticed the spelling is wrong in the title.....
:o Me too now that you mention it and I first posted on it in 13 years ago!

Fixed...while we're at it - did anyone notice the change on the Sinn Fein thread's title?

Cheers zig

Main Street

Ziggy is GAABoard Mod3

This nr.5 is a different animal, probably not a nordie.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on April 25, 2021, 11:59:33 PM
Ziggy is GAABoard Mod3

This nr.5 is a different animal, probably not a nordie.

They're all him... he just wants you to think there are 5 different mods!

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 25, 2021, 09:41:41 PM
I was today years old when i first noticed the spelling is wrong in the title.....

And the OP someone that now spells for a living!

@Mod5, any chance of changing the FAI/ ROI soccer team thread title? France 2016 was a while ago.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

screenexile

Just finished Nomadland have to say Inez's disappointed it was a bit meh.

It's well acted but very artsy and mundane I suppose that's the beauty of it or so I keep reading anyway!

Tony Baloney

A Quiet Place 2 was good. Probably not as good as the first but great to be back at the cinema and it's a good opener - short too (about 90 mins).

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 07:39:06 PM
A Quiet Place 2 was good. Probably not as good as the first but great to be back at the cinema and it's a good opener - short too (about 90 mins).

That's not short. That used to be a standard movie length.

An Watcher

Any good shows on netflix?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 05, 2021, 08:10:42 PM

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to work out that as it is 2021 I was comparing its length to current movie run times.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 09:57:28 PM

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to work out that as it is 2021 I was comparing its length to current movie run times.

I know what you meant. Think hour and a half perfect to be honest. Two and a half minimum now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 06, 2021, 03:49:45 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 09:57:28 PM

I know what you meant. Think hour and a half perfect to be honest. Two and a half minimum now.
Aye sure the new Bond is 2 hr 43 mins!  :-\

gallsman

There is no "perfect" run time for a movie ffs. Entirely dependent on the story being told.

Milltown Row2

Paul Mescal winning a BAFTA! Fair play lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I'm watching the 4 part documentary by Raoul Peck  based  on books by Sven Lindqvist  "Exterminate All the Brutes". Raoul made the superb documentary 'I am not your Negro'  on  James Baldwin,.
EATB is about European colonialism mainly in the America, from its beginnings to aspects of Trump,  modern day and nazi fascism. It should go straight onto every secondary school curriculum

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2021, 08:46:27 PM
Paul Mescal winning a BAFTA! Fair play lad

and him only a normal person.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B