Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Finding Jack Charlton is brilliant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on December 12, 2020, 11:04:10 PM
The untouchables on now on BBC 2 great film with a fabulous soundtrack. (I think it was the first 15 film I saw at the cinema )

Malone by he Irish cop with thick Scottish accent.

Watching it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Absolute classic, if anyone hasn't seen this, please sit down and do so. Brilliant

An Watcher

Drunk watching it, never stop fighting til the fight is won, your friend died like a stock irish pig, class

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on March 04, 2019, 06:21:11 AM
Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 11:40:21 PM
Green book is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Agreed. Great show

Couple of years late on this , watched it there last night, really enjoyed it

RedHand88

Prisoners on Netflix. Its nearly 2 and a half hours but it's really worth it. Fantastic show with great twists.

Jell 0 Biafra

Prisoners is a great movie.   And unlike many "twisty" movies (e.g., "Gone Girl"), it doesn't depend solely on the twists. The story is great, and it's really well acted.

Rudi

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 29, 2020, 12:54:44 AM
Prisoners on Netflix. Its nearly 2 and a half hours but it's really worth it. Fantastic show with great twists.

Watched this the other night, excellent.

Everest is worth a watch too.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 29, 2020, 02:13:07 AM
Prisoners is a great movie.   And unlike many "twisty" movies (e.g., "Gone Girl"), it doesn't depend solely on the twists. The story is great, and it's really well acted.

+1 A great show.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Been binging on 70's thrillers over Xmas

Mainly thrillers, watched Parallax view with Warren Beatty, haven't seen it in years!!

I'm not a fan of remakes but there are so many decent 70's thrillers which could be remade for today.

Trying to get my kids to watch a film that's older than 15/20 years is impossible!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2021, 04:38:08 PM
Been binging on 70's thrillers over Xmas

Mainly thrillers, watched Parallax view with Warren Beatty, haven't seen it in years!!

I'm not a fan of remakes but there are so many decent 70's thrillers which could be remade for today.

Trying to get my kids to watch a film that's older than 15/20 years is impossible!
Interesting you say that as I watched Papillion over Christmas and I only found out they made a remake with Remi malek a few years back, I'll have to get watching it

STREET FIGHTER

Managed to take in a few movies over the holidays...

1.  Jack Reacher-     6.5/10
2.  Jack Reacher 2-  6.0/10
3.  Knives Out-          6.5/10
4.  The Gentleman-   7.0/10

See the good reports on Prisoners so must give it a try.

Any other recommendations folks?

SF

gallsman

The Gentlemen scoring higher than Knives Out, which scored the same as Jack Reacher. WTF are you smoking?

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 01, 2021, 06:18:33 PM
The Gentlemen scoring higher than Knives Out, which scored the same as Jack Reacher. WTF are you smoking?

In fairness Knives out could have been a 7....

Quite start/stop as I couldn't get the kids settled.....

Suppose it depends on the nights they were watched!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 01, 2021, 06:18:33 PM

Any recommendations??