Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: thewobbler on September 20, 2021, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 20, 2021, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 20, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 20, 2021, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 20, 2021, 02:18:52 PM
I've lost faith in Covid death stats, I personally know of 4 people who have died in the past 3 weeks, 2 x Cancer, 1 x Alzhemiers and 1x (very) old age who've all went down as Covid stats and it was no more Covid that killed them.

I know at least 10 people who've died of Covid in the last 6 months who haven't been included in the Covid stats. That's because they had Covid and went into hospital. They got out of hospital a couple of weeks later but didn't really recover and had to go back into hospital about 5 or 6 weeks later. They then didn't recover. Because they were outside the 28 days they're not included. It's been calculated that 40% of people who get out of ICU with Covid are readmitted to hospital within a month. A large percentage of these people then go on to die. They've not been included in the stats so the number of deaths from Covid is much higher than the official figures.

Unless you work directly for an organisation that provides support for people with poor immune systems, I don't believe you.

Here is an article which backs up my stats. I've seen other articles where these figures are higher so my original percentages are higher than they should be. The point remains that the number of covid deaths is way, way underestimated

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/18/almost-30-of-covid-patients-in-england-re-admitted-to-hospital-after-discharge-study

No I don't think so. My guess is that you've decided to follow such a narrative and will actively seek out any data, sensechecked or not, to prove yourself right to yourself.

It's an awful shame that people can't die of old anymore.

People could never officially have "Old" on their death certificate.

sid waddell

Quote from: lenny on September 20, 2021, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 20, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 20, 2021, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 20, 2021, 02:18:52 PM
I've lost faith in Covid death stats, I personally know of 4 people who have died in the past 3 weeks, 2 x Cancer, 1 x Alzhemiers and 1x (very) old age who've all went down as Covid stats and it was no more Covid that killed them.

I know at least 10 people who've died of Covid in the last 6 months who haven't been included in the Covid stats. That's because they had Covid and went into hospital. They got out of hospital a couple of weeks later but didn't really recover and had to go back into hospital about 5 or 6 weeks later. They then didn't recover. Because they were outside the 28 days they're not included. It's been calculated that 40% of people who get out of ICU with Covid are readmitted to hospital within a month. A large percentage of these people then go on to die. They've not been included in the stats so the number of deaths from Covid is much higher than the official figures.

Unless you work directly for an organisation that provides support for people with poor immune systems, I don't believe you.

Here is an article which backs up my stats. I've seen other articles where these figures are higher so my original percentages are higher than they should be. The point remains that the number of covid deaths is way, way underestimated.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/18/almost-30-of-covid-patients-in-england-re-admitted-to-hospital-after-discharge-study

A study by The Economist magazine estimates the pandemic has caused over 15 (fifteen) million deaths.

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobbler on September 20, 2021, 04:57:53 PM

No I don't think so. My guess is that you've decided to follow such a narrative and will actively seek out any data, sensechecked or not, to prove yourself right to yourself.

It's an awful shame that people can't die of old anymore.

Excess deaths is the appropriate measure and there were excess deaths during the pandemic, with high rates back last APril in some countries, others had a later peak. This does make sense as it filters out those who would have died anyhow.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Michelle O'Neill reckons it would be dishonest to rule out another lockdown apparently?

I can honestly say that Sinn Fein will never ever get another vote from me if that happens and I am probably one of their biggest supporters on here. Can't see a lockdown happening anyway because Boris won't want to pay for another one.

imtommygunn

No money for it. Boris nearly has their hands tied.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 21, 2021, 01:55:43 PM
Michelle O'Neill reckons it would be dishonest to rule out another lockdown apparently?

I can honestly say that Sinn Fein will never ever get another vote from me if that happens and I am probably one of their biggest supporters on here. Can't see a lockdown happening anyway because Boris won't want to pay for another one.

Brown smelly sandle wing of SF taking over. Nobody can seem to explain to me why after 2 years we have no extra ICU beds but we can print money hand over fist for furlough

thebigfella

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 21, 2021, 02:17:08 PM

Brown smelly sandle wing of SF taking over. Nobody can seem to explain to me why after 2 years we have no extra ICU beds but we can print money hand over fist for furlough

Have we not been through this already, there is no one to staff them.

Armagh18

Quote from: thebigfella on September 21, 2021, 02:26:04 PM

I'd say if half the money that was threw at furlough etc was thrown at finding staff it'd be sorted..

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 21, 2021, 02:31:12 PM

I'd say if half the money that was threw at furlough etc was thrown at finding staff it'd be sorted..

Eh? Medical professionals trained up in what, a few months? Or brought in from where in the middle of a pandemic? Maybe 'they' could through in an extra medical expertise chip in the booster jab

Milltown Row2

Nurses leaving in their droves and hard to employ as they are not paying them enough for the crap they take from unhappy NHS patients.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2021, 02:52:10 PM
Nurses leaving in their droves and hard to employ as they are not paying them enough for the crap they take from unhappy NHS patients.

100% or going across to England for agency work

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah well if MON hadnt stopped wage rise a few years ago and gave nurses some decent respect. They havent done anything at Stormont since then to improve working conditions

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on September 21, 2021, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on September 21, 2021, 02:31:12 PM

Eh? Medical professionals trained up in what, a few months? Or brought in from where in the middle of a pandemic? Maybe 'they' could through in an extra medical expertise chip in the booster jab

Correct but we have without doubt wasted 2 years strategically on our recruitment and capital investment plans

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lets imagine this is a factory.

There are always problems, defects , failures. How to you improve throughput and reduce waste, you improve detection, reduce severity and reduce occurence. We have done that with vacinnes and track trace etc.

Then you have to look at bottlenecks-ICU.

Improve capacity-more beds, more staff.

Then we have no crisis until the next one. Then we start again