The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Played the old links course in ballyliffen on Tuesday,first time playing either of the courses up there,was very very impressed,links golf really is a different type of test,played fairly well,sun shining the whole time,hopefully get to play glashedy course another time

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on July 15, 2021, 10:44:19 AM
I'm ready for throwing my clubs over the hedge. Playing absolutely woeful at the minute.

You gotta rise above it, you gotta harvest the good energy and block out the bad. Harvest energy, block bad. Feel the flow, feel it, it's circular. Its like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, and you go up and down and around...in a circular circle with the music, the flow, all good things.

Orior

I'm ready for throwing my clubs over the hedge. Playing absolutely woeful at the minute.

Know how you feel. Three months ago I couldnt get the ball of the tee and when I did it went right or left. So I took my punishment and am now straightish off the tee but have sacraficed 30 yards of difference. But having a second shot is a great confidence booster and helped my game all round.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 03:04:44 PM

You gotta rise above it, you gotta harvest the good energy and block out the bad. Harvest energy, block bad. Feel the flow, feel it, it's circular. Its like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, and you go up and down and around...in a circular circle with the music, the flow, all good things.

Is that you Bob Rotella?

quit yo jibbajabba

So. DeChambeau v Koepka. Whos the knob jockey. Or is it both. The bits ive heard its Dechambeau and just listening to him about his driver seems hes a knob in general. Educate me golf experts 😊

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on July 15, 2021, 09:25:01 PM

Know how you feel. Three months ago I couldnt get the ball of the tee and when I did it went right or left. So I took my punishment and am now straightish off the tee but have sacraficed 30 yards of difference. But having a second shot is a great confidence booster and helped my game all round.

The new driver and 3 wood are in the bag as of today! Hopefully get back on track.

trailer

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 10:15:03 PM
So. DeChambeau v Koepka. Whos the knob jockey. Or is it both. The bits ive heard its Dechambeau and just listening to him about his driver seems hes a knob in general. Educate me golf experts 😊

Bryson. Even Cobra took a swipe at him today. He's a w**ker.

thewobbler

Bryson is a grade A twat, fully self-absorbed. But as he's on the spectrum he makes for quite an entertaining person. He's used science to set up rewards through calculated risks and his unusual behaviour and style make him an enjoyable golfer to watch.

Koepka is just an extraordinarily dull individual.

quit yo jibbajabba

Cheers lads. Didnt know he on spectrum tho from the bits ive seen it adds up. Yeah it was quite the statement today by his club provider, hopefully next few days are as entertaining

trailer

Quote from: thewobbler on July 15, 2021, 11:34:46 PM

Bryson is a grade A twat, fully self-absorbed. But as he's on the spectrum he makes for quite an entertaining person. He's used science to set up rewards through calculated risks and his unusual behaviour and style make him an enjoyable golfer to watch.

Koepka isn't dull. Some fans got threw out for heckling Bryson and he sent them cases of beer. He's actually up front and open about his spat with Bryson. He many things but dull he ain't.

JPGJOHNNYG

Some low scores this morning, a 65 by the German amateur, a certain somebody needs to get their act together quickly.

thebigfella

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 16, 2021, 12:11:42 AM
Cheers lads. Didnt know he on spectrum tho from the bits ive seen it adds up. Yeah it was quite the statement today by his club provider, hopefully next few days are as entertaining

Is he on the spectrum? Just because someone says it doesn't mean it true.

thebigfella

Quote from: thewobbler on July 15, 2021, 11:34:46 PM

He doesn't give 2 fcuks about engaging with the media so you assume he's dull.

thewobbler

Quote from: thebigfella on July 16, 2021, 11:45:05 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 16, 2021, 12:11:42 AM

Is he on the spectrum? Just because someone says it doesn't mean it true.

Of all the golfers I've ever watched, he's the closest I've seen to the spectrum. There's an absolute genius in terms of trigonometry at play here. Beyond his unusual  outlook on everything,  It's one thing doing a Luke Donald/Padraig and trying to rebuild a good swing to gain "inches". It's another thing entirely to go with all clubs the same length and a 5deg driver to see if you can change the game forever. It's a dedication to science over swing and although it took me a long time to get on board, I applaud him.

Koepka is dull. Nothing to do with the media. He has never had anything of interest to say about anything, anywhere until this spat.

Gabriel_Hurl

So you haven't a clue if he's on the spectrum or not?
That's a poor comment wobbler.