China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2021, 06:02:20 PM

https://www.ft.com/content/012afde2-a7d7-4e52-8937-4ddf973ebc18
In some rich countries, deaths from Covid-19 have become concentrated among unjabbed anti-vaxxers.

Darwinian mechanism.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

994 cases in the 26 today
Over 1,000 in the 6.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tiempo

Quote from: armaghniac on July 15, 2021, 06:14:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2021, 06:02:20 PM

https://www.ft.com/content/012afde2-a7d7-4e52-8937-4ddf973ebc18
In some rich countries, deaths from Covid-19 have become concentrated among unjabbed anti-vaxxers.

Darwinian mechanism.

Sucks for them that Darwin didn't postulate survival of the cuntish.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2021, 07:07:16 PM
Over 1,000 in the 6.
As was predicted over a week ago by Government. The "spiral of fear" they warned against hasn't been heeded by the national media, no surprise there.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2021, 07:17:51 PM
Over 1,000 in the 6.
As was predicted over a week ago by Government. The "spiral of fear" they warned against hasn't been heeded by the national media, no surprise there.

How many are hospitalised?

Friend double vaccinated got a cough, tested and positive, no other issues.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Got a pal who got it, is double vaccinated, and got it again. Its biochemical/physiolocigal Russian roulette, there won't be a silver bullet fix. Predicting Boris' let it rip strategy will be a fuckup, time will tell

imtommygunn

Jaysus over a k up here. I blame those pesky southerners coming up here because they're allowed to do nothing ;D

On a serious note that's not good. Thankfully not into hospital rates just yet but they are growing. A couple of weeks will tell the tale on whether they transition into things like ICU cases which thankfully are still low.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2021, 07:26:21 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2021, 07:17:51 PM
Over 1,000 in the 6.

How many are hospitalised?

Friend double vaccinated got a cough, tested and positive, no other issues.
80 total in hospital. 22 in ICU.

Quote from: tiempo on July 15, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Got a pal who got it, is double vaccinated, and got it again. Its biochemical/physiolocigal Russian roulette, there won't be a silver bullet fix. Predicting Boris' let it rip strategy will be a fuckup, time will tell

Double vaccinated people getting the virus now will mostly only get a mild illness or none at all. England have a good portion of the most vulnerable vaccinated so hardly letting it rip it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tbrick18

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:35 PM
He doesn't have one.
You are perfectly entitled to not take the vaccine, I've no issue with that, however irresponsible I feel it may be.
However, as we know the vaccine helps protect against severe illness and transmission of C19 but is not 100% effective. I believe that those who are responsible enough to take the vaccine should not be exposed to risk by those of us who are being irresponsible and selfish.

Ive noticed a difference in how people are behaving post-vaccination. They seem to think they are now invincible and are not adhering to covid guidelines. Is that responsible? Just because someone hasn't had the vaccine, doesn't mean they aren't being responsible in terms to doing all the right things.

QuoteI'm sure there are genuine cases out there were people are afraid of the vaccine, but the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations. Seflish, self centred behaviour which puts others at risk imo. It's equivalent to someone saying they're fine to drive after 5 pints.

That's simply not true. I've heard many people stating different reasons for not being keen on vaccination, and rarely is it because they think they're not at risk. There's this narrative put out that all those against vaccinations are selfish, getting up to all sorts, adhering to no rules. You're s perfect example.

QuoteThe conspiracy theorists out there think the governments globally want to track us all and know what we are eating in Mickey D's and want to keep that info private. That's fine, but throw away the smart phone when you're at it and don't be a hypocrite because if you are so sensitive about what Big Brother knows about you then you need to go fully offline.

I am aware certain activity of ours is tracked: credit cards, mobile use, car registration,etc but these plans bring that to a whole new level.

QuoteAs for me, the responsible people in society who follow the science should be protected. If it takes vaccine passports to gain access to hospitality/shops/entertainment to enable that protection for the socially responsible majority then I'm all for it.
Let the selfish minority look out for themselves and don't let them put the rest of us at risk.

Again, just because someone isn't keen on vaccines doesn't mean they are selfish and adhering to no rules.

You are right when you say there is a difference in people's behaviour post-vaccination. I for one am now going into my parents house, where I didn't previously. They and I feel more confident in doing this, however, I still wear a mask and sanitise my hands when i go into a shop. To push the point though, the fact that people who are double vaccinated are less likely to become seriously ill AND less likely to carry and spread C19 means it is reasonable to expect that those same people should be able to interact more with other people who have also been double vaccinated. It means the likelihood of spreading or catching the virus is as minimal as it can be. So I think it is reasonable that people who are double vaccinated can behave somewhat more liberally and that is, after all, the reason why restrictions are being eased.

If you read my post again, you will see I said "the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations."
I basing an opinion on my own personal experience, so I can assure you it is true. I'll admit, not true for all, but it is still true.

What is the issue with a whole new level of tracking? Most CCTV cameras these days have facial recognition software and most Wifi access points can track your movements based on where your mobile phone is. I think that is more invasive than a covid vaccination passport. Like it or not, that is the world we live in....we are constantly being tracked but generally for legitimate purposes (like traffic management, town planning, security, spending habits etc).

People who refuse the vaccine as they are healthy and don't need it are generally the same people up in arms about covid passports. They can't have it all ways.
They won't be able to travel to other countries (rightly so if not vaccinated and I wouldn't want un-vaccinated people entering this country) and they should not be afforded the liberties of those who have been vaccinated. The reason for not being vaccinated is irrelevant really.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 02:20:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 10:42:02 AM
Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

But it's not their choice, is it? It is for now, but not much longer.

Did they not give forced vaccines in the concentration camps?

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

I'm asking the question. I didn't compare. Concentration camps is not something I'm interested in, but they say that forced vaccinations apparently occurred in them.

You don't have a choice though. You do for now, but eventually you will be cut off from society if you don't. Even if you wear masks, socially distance, wash hands etc, you'll still be banned from all establishments. And it will be ALL establishments. So, you DONT have a choice. That's as near to forced vaccinations as it's possible to get.

Seriously lad cop the f**k on. I've been to Aushwitz, have you? If you don't want the vaccine, then that's on you. But to bring in the f**king Nazis to any argument should tell you you've already lost the argument.

All I'll say is grow up, cop on and visit Aushwitz. Then maybe you'll realize what real forced hell is like

seafoid

Over 1,000 in the 6.
UK had 5k on 12 June and 35K on 12 July.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2021, 08:12:47 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:35 PM
He doesn't have one.
You are perfectly entitled to not take the vaccine, I've no issue with that, however irresponsible I feel it may be.
However, as we know the vaccine helps protect against severe illness and transmission of C19 but is not 100% effective. I believe that those who are responsible enough to take the vaccine should not be exposed to risk by those of us who are being irresponsible and selfish.

Ive noticed a difference in how people are behaving post-vaccination. They seem to think they are now invincible and are not adhering to covid guidelines. Is that responsible? Just because someone hasn't had the vaccine, doesn't mean they aren't being responsible in terms to doing all the right things.

QuoteI'm sure there are genuine cases out there were people are afraid of the vaccine, but the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations. Seflish, self centred behaviour which puts others at risk imo. It's equivalent to someone saying they're fine to drive after 5 pints.

That's simply not true. I've heard many people stating different reasons for not being keen on vaccination, and rarely is it because they think they're not at risk. There's this narrative put out that all those against vaccinations are selfish, getting up to all sorts, adhering to no rules. You're s perfect example.

QuoteThe conspiracy theorists out there think the governments globally want to track us all and know what we are eating in Mickey D's and want to keep that info private. That's fine, but throw away the smart phone when you're at it and don't be a hypocrite because if you are so sensitive about what Big Brother knows about you then you need to go fully offline.

I am aware certain activity of ours is tracked: credit cards, mobile use, car registration,etc but these plans bring that to a whole new level.

QuoteAs for me, the responsible people in society who follow the science should be protected. If it takes vaccine passports to gain access to hospitality/shops/entertainment to enable that protection for the socially responsible majority then I'm all for it.
Let the selfish minority look out for themselves and don't let them put the rest of us at risk.

Again, just because someone isn't keen on vaccines doesn't mean they are selfish and adhering to no rules.

You are right when you say there is a difference in people's behaviour post-vaccination. I for one am now going into my parents house, where I didn't previously. They and I feel more confident in doing this, however, I still wear a mask and sanitise my hands when i go into a shop. To push the point though, the fact that people who are double vaccinated are less likely to become seriously ill AND less likely to carry and spread C19 means it is reasonable to expect that those same people should be able to interact more with other people who have also been double vaccinated. It means the likelihood of spreading or catching the virus is as minimal as it can be. So I think it is reasonable that people who are double vaccinated can behave somewhat more liberally and that is, after all, the reason why restrictions are being eased.

If you read my post again, you will see I said "the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations."
I basing an opinion on my own personal experience, so I can assure you it is true. I'll admit, not true for all, but it is still true.

What is the issue with a whole new level of tracking? Most CCTV cameras these days have facial recognition software and most Wifi access points can track your movements based on where your mobile phone is. I think that is more invasive than a covid vaccination passport. Like it or not, that is the world we live in....we are constantly being tracked but generally for legitimate purposes (like traffic management, town planning, security, spending habits etc).

People who refuse the vaccine as they are healthy and don't need it are generally the same people up in arms about covid passports. They can't have it all ways.
They won't be able to travel to other countries (rightly so if not vaccinated and I wouldn't want un-vaccinated people entering this country) and they should not be afforded the liberties of those who have been vaccinated. The reason for not being vaccinated is irrelevant really.

Why not wear a mask/sanitise hands when visiting your parents though? Why just the shop? That's my point regarding changing of behaviour of those vaccinated. They say vaccines reduce transmission/seriousness of covid, but you do more for shoppers than your parents? Why? Is it because it's become customary for shoppers to wear masks? But ach sure I'll be alright popping round to the folks?

Why should vaccinated people behave more liberally and flaunt the rules? Aren't we all in this together? Or so they keep telling us.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 08:40:55 PM
Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

I'm asking the question. I didn't compare. Concentration camps is not something I'm interested in, but they say that forced vaccinations apparently occurred in them.

You don't have a choice though. You do for now, but eventually you will be cut off from society if you don't. Even if you wear masks, socially distance, wash hands etc, you'll still be banned from all establishments. And it will be ALL establishments. So, you DONT have a choice. That's as near to forced vaccinations as it's possible to get.

Seriously lad cop the f**k on. I've been to Aushwitz, have you? If you don't want the vaccine, then that's on you. But to bring in the f**king Nazis to any argument should tell you you've already lost the argument.

All I'll say is grow up, cop on and visit Aushwitz. Then maybe you'll realize what real forced hell is like

No I havent been. I told you, it doesn't interest me, so why would I? And I didn't bring the nazis into the argument. I asked a question about the camps.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:03:21 PM
Why not wear a mask/sanitise hands when visiting your parents though? Why just the shop? That's my point regarding changing of behaviour of those vaccinated. They say vaccines reduce transmission/seriousness of covid, but you do more for shoppers than your parents? Why? Is it because it's become customary for shoppers to wear masks? But ach sure I'll be alright popping round to the folks?

Why should vaccinated people behave more liberally and flaunt the rules? Aren't we all in this together? Or so they keep telling us.

The purpose of vaccination is to allow relaxation of the regulations. TBrick knows his parents are vaccinated and are not casual about Covid, their house probably had none or only one other visitor. A shop has people in and out and many of these are not vaccinated. If we could be sure everyone was vaccinated then we wouldn't need the masks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:07:23 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 08:40:55 PM

No I havent been. I told you, it doesn't interest me, so why would I? And I didn't bring the nazis into the argument. I asked a question about the camps.

"welcome to Nazi Germany". Take a break from Internet Benny, you need it.