Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 10:42:02 AM
Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

But it's not their choice, is it? It is for now, but not much longer.

Did they not give forced vaccines in the concentration camps?

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

J70

Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

Don't know.

The Nazis did all kinds of brutal experimentation on their prisoners.

I doubt if containing disease and protecting the lives of the prisoners was one of their motivating forces.

Whereas kids all over the world have been receiving mandatory vaccines for decades as a prerequisite to attending schools. Is that type of policy fascist authoritarianism?

joemamas

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 11:58:45 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 10:58:35 AM
There is no other way out of this other than the vaccine. Restaurants stay closed without it, as does non essential retail, and sports, and probably schools. There is no other solution. So insisting that only those vaccinated can avail of these services is reasonable. Imperfect I get that, but reasonable.

I ask honestly, if you say no to the vaccine what is your solution?

Note: The governments won't allow health services to be overrun (quite rightly), so the let it rip approach isn't going to work.

I've heard that a thousand times. But it's clearly not true. Soon it will be "the top up jab is the only way out of this", then "forced vaccinations of all workers are the only way out of this", "covid passports are the only way out"..."track and trace, constant surveillance..." people will just become used to a life of constant jabs, constant scanning their QR code to buy milk and bread without giving it a seconds thought.

Ach it's only for a short time, until things get back to normal. When they say something is temporary, that means it's permanent. But as I said months ago, this isn't about fighting a virus anymore

What is your solution?

He doesn't have one.
You are perfectly entitled to not take the vaccine, I've no issue with that, however irresponsible I feel it may be.
However, as we know the vaccine helps protect against severe illness and transmission of C19 but is not 100% effective. I believe that those who are responsible enough to take the vaccine should not be exposed to risk by those of us who are being irresponsible and selfish.
I'm sure there are genuine cases out there were people are afraid of the vaccine, but the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations. Seflish, self centred behaviour which puts others at risk imo. It's equivalent to someone saying they're fine to drive after 5 pints.

The conspiracy theorists out there think the governments globally want to track us all and know what we are eating in Mickey D's and want to keep that info private. That's fine, but throw away the smart phone when you're at it and don't be a hypocrite because if you are so sensitive about what Big Brother knows about you then you need to go fully offline.

As for me, the responsible people in society who follow the science should be protected. If it takes vaccine passports to gain access to hospitality/shops/entertainment to enable that protection for the socially responsible majority then I'm all for it.
Let the selfish minority look out for themselves and don't let them put the rest of us at risk.

Well written, I agree.
If you don't want to get vaccinated, your choice.
Then have the decency not to put others at risk by going into a bar or restaurant, or to a sporting event for that matter, and dont complain about it.

imtommygunn

Forgetting the whys and wherefores of vaccinations etc. I would like to know what is deemed as a better alternative? I have no idea what is perceived to be a(viable) way out that's not a vaccine.

Milltown Row2

Had to laugh about all these small business, bars restaurants and cafes in the North complaining about not being open!!

Went into town on Tuesday, off for the week and took family into town for dinner, drinks, half the bars restaurants and cafes closed!!

The same places complained about the Easter closing hours ffs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2021, 03:44:10 PM
Forgetting the whys and wherefores of vaccinations etc. I would like to know what is deemed as a better alternative? I have no idea what is perceived to be a(viable) way out that's not a vaccine.

The UK way is to open everything up and let people get Covid by transmission.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

He doesn't have one.
You are perfectly entitled to not take the vaccine, I've no issue with that, however irresponsible I feel it may be.
However, as we know the vaccine helps protect against severe illness and transmission of C19 but is not 100% effective. I believe that those who are responsible enough to take the vaccine should not be exposed to risk by those of us who are being irresponsible and selfish.

Ive noticed a difference in how people are behaving post-vaccination. They seem to think they are now invincible and are not adhering to covid guidelines. Is that responsible? Just because someone hasn't had the vaccine, doesn't mean they aren't being responsible in terms to doing all the right things.

QuoteI'm sure there are genuine cases out there were people are afraid of the vaccine, but the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations. Seflish, self centred behaviour which puts others at risk imo. It's equivalent to someone saying they're fine to drive after 5 pints.

That's simply not true. I've heard many people stating different reasons for not being keen on vaccination, and rarely is it because they think they're not at risk. There's this narrative put out that all those against vaccinations are selfish, getting up to all sorts, adhering to no rules. You're s perfect example.

QuoteThe conspiracy theorists out there think the governments globally want to track us all and know what we are eating in Mickey D's and want to keep that info private. That's fine, but throw away the smart phone when you're at it and don't be a hypocrite because if you are so sensitive about what Big Brother knows about you then you need to go fully offline.

I am aware certain activity of ours is tracked: credit cards, mobile use, car registration,etc but these plans bring that to a whole new level.

QuoteAs for me, the responsible people in society who follow the science should be protected. If it takes vaccine passports to gain access to hospitality/shops/entertainment to enable that protection for the socially responsible majority then I'm all for it.
Let the selfish minority look out for themselves and don't let them put the rest of us at risk.

Again, just because someone isn't keen on vaccines doesn't mean they are selfish and adhering to no rules.

joemamas

This should be in the you cannot make it up catagory.

Re;New opening date

"Mr Varadkar said: "We're targeting Monday the 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, we need to allow the President time to consider the bill and what's in it, and we need to get some regulations and things like that in place."

what a fu*kin joke, it has to go thru the Seanad and allow the President to consider the bill. What the hell is he doing that President is so busy. That is Eleven days away. Pure copout for Dr T no doubt. Looks like he has learned nothing from the Dublin bye election. Hope he is kicked out on his ass in the next election.
Really, that is the ultimate insult to Restaurant and Bar owners.
Now only five weeks of summer left.
What about all the people who had booked trips to Ireland for the week of the 19th, based on the new reopening date of the 19th.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 02:20:07 PM

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

I'm asking the question. I didn't compare. Concentration camps is not something I'm interested in, but they say that forced vaccinations apparently occurred in them.

You don't have a choice though. You do for now, but eventually you will be cut off from society if you don't. Even if you wear masks, socially distance, wash hands etc, you'll still be banned from all establishments. And it will be ALL establishments. So, you DONT have a choice. That's as near to forced vaccinations as it's possible to get.

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/7bbd0cfc-95a9-40f1-a349-a011cb70fe31

Thus, complete relaxation of behavioural measures designed to reduce the spread of infection, before robust and sufficient levels of vaccine-induced immunity in the population have been achieved, is potentially a recipe for disaster, with the risk of negating the long-term benefits of the early UK rollout of vaccines.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on July 15, 2021, 05:15:28 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2021, 03:44:10 PM

The UK way is to open everything up and let people get Covid by transmission.
It's f**king stupid.
It risks creating a new variant.

armaghniac

Quote from: joemamas on July 15, 2021, 05:28:13 PM
This should be in the you cannot make it up catagory.

Re;New opening date

"Mr Varadkar said: "We're targeting Monday the 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, we need to allow the President time to consider the bill and what's in it, and we need to get some regulations and things like that in place."

what a fu*kin joke, it has to go thru the Seanad and allow the President to consider the bill. What the hell is he doing that President is so busy. That is Eleven days away. Pure copout for Dr T no doubt. Looks like he has learned nothing from the Dublin bye election. Hope he is kicked out on his ass in the next election.
Really, that is the ultimate insult to Restaurant and Bar owners.
Now only five weeks of summer left.
What about all the people who had booked trips to Ireland for the week of the 19th, based on the new reopening date of the 19th.

This is not an urgent matter, the constitution requires the President to consider bills for 5 days, so that a proper job is done. But then you have no interest in the Constitution or proper legislative procedure.

If you want to criticise anyone then criticise the government, this type of bill should have been passed months ago with a Statutory order bringing it into effect on a certain date. Making up the legislation the week before is very slack.

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2021, 05:35:41 PM
https://www.ft.com/content/7bbd0cfc-95a9-40f1-a349-a011cb70fe31

Thus, complete relaxation of behavioural measures designed to reduce the spread of infection, before robust and sufficient levels of vaccine-induced immunity in the population have been achieved, is potentially a recipe for disaster, with the risk of negating the long-term benefits of the early UK rollout of vaccines.

Numbers of cases have doubled in NI in 3 days and it isn't even going to let rip.
While cases are less serious now, you end up with a big difference if you have a 1.5 times increase instead of a doubling.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 05:24:36 PM
He doesn't have one.

Ive noticed a difference in how people are behaving post-vaccination. They seem to think they are now invincible and are not adhering to covid guidelines. Is that responsible? Just because someone hasn't had the vaccine, doesn't mean they aren't being responsible in terms to doing all the right things.

My experience would be the opposite. Those single or double jabbed are still adhering to the guidelines ie doing their bit. It's the folk who haven't wore masks, partied etc that are continuing to live their best free lives and enabling this virus's spread and ability to mutate

'Cut off from society' , 'imagined variants' etc etc etc... Not near wise

What's your alternative to the vaccine BTW? Maybe you answered and I missed it.

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/012afde2-a7d7-4e52-8937-4ddf973ebc18
In some rich countries, deaths from Covid-19 have become concentrated among unjabbed anti-vaxxers.