Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on July 08, 2021, 01:46:42 AM
I dont know if this is right place to put this but did not want to start new thread do you think we will see violence on  this weekend  or 12th  i think its going to be ok maybe minor things.

a few wheelie bins might get the works, that's about it.

the main body of unionism isn't interested in that sort of thing and has distanced itself from the protocol protests up until now.

Orior

He 's having a go at Crapita this morning. Surely lots of Ulster's finest work for Capita?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

They are a horrible horrible company.

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on July 07, 2021, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2021, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 06, 2021, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 06, 2021, 07:28:16 PM
What we got is Ireland  and Northern Ireland.

You know what's worse than Nolan's terminology? People from the south trying to appropriate the name Ireland as as the name of the 26 counties and the 26 counties only.
You being deliberately dumb or does it just come natural??    I wrote "And on an Irish passport is Ireland (Eire)  with a nice graphic of the whole Island".

More the quote highlighted in red that I was referring to. Nauseating how often some in the south refer to something being the case "both in Ireland and Northern Ireland".
They are the official names of both areas :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2021, 09:21:05 AM

You know what's worse than Nolan's terminology? People from the south trying to appropriate the name Ireland as as the name of the 26 counties and the 26 counties only.
You being deliberately dumb or does it just come natural??    I wrote "And on an Irish passport is Ireland (Eire)  with a nice graphic of the whole Island".

More the quote highlighted in red that I was referring to. Nauseating how often some in the south refer to something being the case "both in Ireland and Northern Ireland".

Fair enough so. If the six counties aren't in Ireland then clearly there was no such place as Ireland, and no such thing as an Irish person until 1921 then.

thebigfella

I enjoyed the bonfire one yesterday though. None of the lads could explain where the pallets were coming from, well at last where they got them legally  ;)

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on July 08, 2021, 09:46:14 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2021, 09:21:05 AM

clearly there was no such place as Ireland, and no such thing as an Irish person until 1921 then.
Legally you are correct. We were all British then :'(
It was just a geographic thing like Yorkshire e.g.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Just listened to the show for the first time for the whole month of March and made a note of all the political contributors. I must say I was surprised by what I heard, I was expecting Allister and Bryson to be on every day, but they weren't.

Has he turned over a new leaf after so many complaints? Is he following guidelines about balance that come into play in the runup to an election? He's been covering health for the last few days, and today he had two lads from the NI Ambulance Service on over an hour talking about their difficulties, plus stories from people who had lost loved ones while waiting for hours for an ambulance. It's actually very good radio.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I have never said a bad word about Nolan openly but my little school run partner(5 year old) for some reason keeps shouting "Nolan Farthead" every time he comes on. I was giving him a chance but I had to catch myself on when he said that, real moment of clarity

marty34

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 06, 2022, 09:50:47 PM
Just listened to the show for the first time for the whole month of March and made a note of all the political contributors. I must say I was surprised by what I heard, I was expecting Allister and Bryson to be on every day, but they weren't.

Has he turned over a new leaf after so many complaints? Is he following guidelines about balance that come into play in the runup to an election? He's been covering health for the last few days, and today he had two lads from the NI Ambulance Service on over an hour talking about their difficulties, plus stories from people who had lost loved ones while waiting for hours for an ambulance. It's actually very good radio.

I'd say the heat was on him with people complaining that he got on The Bryson and Allister show every day.

Reverts back to the 'bread and butter' issues for a while.

I'd say check him out in a week or two, pre-election and see what the take is then.

Eamonnca1

Yup. It'll be interesting to hear what he's at after the election too.

balladmaker

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2022, 05:26:41 AM

I'd predict his immediate post election sh*t stirring will be around the rise of Sinn Fein and an imminent border poll ... que Bryson and Allister wall to wall.

Saffrongael

Quote from: balladmaker on April 07, 2022, 08:56:29 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2022, 05:26:41 AM

I'd predict his immediate post election sh*t stirring will be around the rise of Sinn Fein and an imminent border poll ... que Bryson and Allister wall to wall.

What's your definition of imminent as I don't see one anytime soon.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

It would be foolish to have one my time soon and obviously O'Neill/sf now see that too.

The dup may be doing everything they can to forward a United ireland but it is a long way away yet!

Nolan taking flak for the distribution of his guests so probably toning it down for a bit. I imagine it'll be back as he thrives on division and there's no one like Bryson and allister for that.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2022, 09:22:42 AM
It would be foolish to have one my time soon and obviously O'Neill/sf now see that too.

The dup may be doing everything they can to forward a United ireland but it is a long way away yet!

Nolan taking flak for the distribution of his guests so probably toning it down for a bit. I imagine it'll be back as he thrives on division and there's no one like Bryson and allister for that.

I'd say SF are playing it safe in this election. Playing the cost of living card as it's the No. 1 issue currently.

As well as that, if the mention border poll regularly, then the unionists will be pushing the line that SF, if they top poll will be pushing for it i.e. we must stop SF topping the poll.

Key thing here is the other parties are willing to work together to get things done.

Seems to be a general topic of 'they're as bad as each other' which is not true. DUP are the party that won't play ball. This line needs to be pushed more I think.