He must be doing something right in the Beebs eyes

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Decod89 on July 06, 2021, 01:39:48 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57736237

- Fifth highest paid on-air employee
- Up approx. £10k-£15k from previous year

Ratings
Big listenership. GAA board is not a reflection of the wider public on this subject.

Dire Ear

Stirring,   would do well in here..............!

Decod89

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2021, 01:49:08 PM

Ratings
Big listenership. GAA board is not a reflection of the wider public on this subject.

Agree, while he's not my cup of tea at all, he must bring in a serious % of available audience for his shows both here and on 5Live.

I see that he's paid more than double what the the director of BBCNI earns.

Petitions wont bridge that gap.

thebigfella

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 06, 2021, 01:00:19 PM
"The Twitter troll forced to hand over £100,000 in libel damages to Stephen Nolan has advised Northern Ireland government officials in his well-paid role in economics and finance.

Fearing for his career, the Alliance party voter in his 40s, who used the Twitter handles 'Pastor Jimberoo' and 'Pastor Jimberoo's Ghost' to harass the BBC presenter, begged him not to reveal his identity.

Nolan has stuck to the agreement, saying it shows that he is the "bigger man".

That's from the Sunday Life story, it doesent necessarily make him a SpAd. People can advise government on a range of issues if they have the expertise. A SpAd is different.

100k for him to b the bigger man? The bigger man would have accepted an apology and costs.

RedHand88

That's a bigger salary than the US president.

APM

The Nolan show I'm sure does some good, but high ratings doesn't mean that the progamme provides NET community benefit or public good.  In my view it does public harm as it promotes ThemUns v Ussuns style discussion in a way that is not constructive. 

It is not remotely edifying and I can't see how it makes any attempt to take the level of public discourse out of the gutter. 

Do not confuse programmes that interest the public with programmes that are in the public interest.

I'm sure Naked Attraction has good ratings; doesn't mean that it is in the public interest,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: APM on July 06, 2021, 03:50:43 PM
The Nolan show I'm sure does some good, but high ratings doesn't mean that the progamme provides NET community benefit or public good.  In my view it does public harm as it promotes ThemUns v Ussuns style discussion in a way that is not constructive. 

It is not remotely edifying and I can't see how it makes any attempt to take the level of public discourse out of the gutter. 

Do not confuse programmes that interest the public with programmes that are in the public interest.

I'm sure Naked Attraction has good ratings; doesn't mean that it is in the public interest,
The Nolan Show, like anything Piers Morgan does, is about him not the subject matter.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 06, 2021, 04:00:11 PM

The Nolan Show, like anything Piers Morgan does, is about him not the subject matter.

A narcissist.

But people love the drama, its in our DNA here and has been for a long time. As someone said its not in the public interest but people are defs interested

Taylor

I would say Morgan is multiple times better than Nolan.

Morgan at least has the balls to stand up to anyone & ask the hard questions.

Nolan only seems to have the gonads to do this to a certain sector of the community

johnnycool

Quote from: Decod89 on July 06, 2021, 01:54:05 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2021, 01:49:08 PM

Ratings

Agree, while he's not my cup of tea at all, he must bring in a serious % of available audience for his shows both here and on 5Live.

I see that he's paid more than double what the the director of BBCNI earns.

Petitions wont bridge that gap.

There's a good chance the petition was causing concerns to his 5 Live bosses and he'd to be seen to be doing something about it.

He's evidently struck gold with whoever Pastor was and had them by the short and curlies evidently but I saw a lot of those tweets and I'd doubt there was much libelous in them.

general_lee

Your man Tim McKane was live on air and openly invited Nolan to sue him. Wonder did anything ever come of that?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on July 06, 2021, 04:43:33 PM
Your man Tim McKane was live on air and openly invited Nolan to sue him. Wonder did anything ever come of that?

Another rocket head

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Taylor on July 06, 2021, 04:15:51 PM

I would say Morgan is multiple times better than Nolan.

Morgan at least has the balls to stand up to anyone & ask the hard questions.

Nolan only seems to have the gonads to do this to a certain sector of the community
In fairness he got stuck into the DUP over RHI
Careful now

APM

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2021, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 06, 2021, 04:43:33 PM

Another rocket head

Why is he a rocket head, whatever that is?