Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Apparently the pastor was/is a SPAD?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on July 05, 2021, 02:12:40 PM

Lots of accusations that it's a member of the Alliance but I'd be surprised at that. More than likely a shinner but whoever they are mustn't be overly clued in tech wise as there are pretty simple ways to hide on the internet if you know how.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Eire90 on July 04, 2021, 05:23:03 PM
No sympathy for the pastor.
DiSagree,  on the other hand I'd have zero for SN

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

No time for either of these characters

yellowcard

I would have no time for Nolan at all and most people I speak to would have a similar opinion. The lawsuits are just a means of trying to dampen down criticism of him and his show. It seems peculiar that he settled for a big payout and non disclosure rather than have his day in court. Although he is agnostic so maybe it's just the fact that money is his god that he took the £100k settlement!

I've heard it said before that there would never have been a Good Friday Agreement if Stephen Nolan been around in the 1990's and although that cannot be proved, it is hard to argue with that. He definitely does not provide a climate for promoting good relations in a divided society in the north.   

general_lee

Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2021, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 05, 2021, 02:12:40 PM

Lots of accusations that it's a member of the Alliance but I'd be surprised at that. More than likely a shinner but whoever they are mustn't be overly clued in tech wise as there are pretty simple ways to hide on the internet if you know how.
Surely if it was a Shinner Nolan would have went to town on them..

lfdown2

It appears to me that Nolan has played on the decision of the other party that their anonymity was of greater value than the 6 figure sum which I don't believe necessarily confirms their guilt as fact, but simply that they would prefer to pay the fee and remain anonymous.

Which also (if the rumour is true) raises a huge question on the earning potential of a SpAd in salary and/or 'expenses'

delgany

There would be a few Spads who did very nicely out if the RHI scheme...

yellowcard

Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 05:23:15 PM
It appears to me that Nolan has played on the decision of the other party that their anonymity was of greater value than the 6 figure sum which I don't believe necessarily confirms their guilt as fact, but simply that they would prefer to pay the fee and remain anonymous.

Which also (if the rumour is true) raises a huge question on the earning potential of a SpAd in salary and/or 'expenses'

Paying out £100k hasn't really protected his anonymity though if you consider that he was practically named in a Sunday newspaper article yesterday. There aren't too many Alliance Party Spads so anyone who wants to find out who operated the Pastor account will be able to easily find out.

johnnycool

That's my take on it as well. Not being an expert on it but maybe the online petition was doing reputational damage to Steeky but from what I could make out it was based on the inordinate amount of airtime Allister and Bryson in particular are afforded on his entertainment show based on their mandate which I'd suggest the facts would have backed up the Pastor.

Evidently the Pastor is a novice at trolling as he/she could have covered their tracks better but they have decided and had the resources to take the 6 figure sum hit rather than ride out the court case which probably isn't as clear cut as Nolan and Jamwie are making out..

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on July 06, 2021, 08:40:16 AM

That's my take on it as well. Not being an expert on it but maybe the online petition was doing reputational damage to Steeky but from what I could make out it was based on the inordinate amount of airtime Allister and Bryson in particular are afforded on his entertainment show based on their mandate which I'd suggest the facts would have backed up the Pastor.

Evidently the Pastor is a novice at trolling as he/she could have covered their tracks better but they have decided and had the resources to take the 6 figure sum hit rather than ride out the court case which probably isn't as clear cut as Nolan and Jamwie are making out..

No.
This is what the pastor said

"For some time, operating the Twitter accounts 'Pastor Jimberoo' and 'Pastor Jimberoo's Ghost', I engaged in a campaign against the BBC personality, Stephen Nolan, which involved the systematic dissemination of false and defamatory allegations against him"

A toolbag of the highest order

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2021, 10:44:29 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 06, 2021, 08:40:16 AM

No.
This is what the pastor said

"For some time, operating the Twitter accounts 'Pastor Jimberoo' and 'Pastor Jimberoo's Ghost', I engaged in a campaign against the BBC personality, Stephen Nolan, which involved the systematic dissemination of false and defamatory allegations against him"

A toolbag of the highest order

that is what was put into the pastors mouth to get Nolan off his back..

Once Nolan found out whoever it was, he was calling the shots and those statements are part of that.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on July 05, 2021, 08:17:44 PM

Paying out £100k hasn't really protected his anonymity though if you consider that he was practically named in a Sunday newspaper article yesterday. There aren't too many Alliance Party Spads so anyone who wants to find out who operated the Pastor account will be able to easily find out.

What does a Spad make?? They were making about £72k a year a few years ago so probably something closer to £45k/50k net. Whoever this is they had more than just SPAD wealth!!

Saffrongael

"The Twitter troll forced to hand over £100,000 in libel damages to Stephen Nolan has advised Northern Ireland government officials in his well-paid role in economics and finance.

Fearing for his career, the Alliance party voter in his 40s, who used the Twitter handles 'Pastor Jimberoo' and 'Pastor Jimberoo's Ghost' to harass the BBC presenter, begged him not to reveal his identity.

Nolan has stuck to the agreement, saying it shows that he is the "bigger man".

That's from the Sunday Life story, it doesent necessarily make him a SpAd. People can advise government on a range of issues if they have the expertise. A SpAd is different.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 06, 2021, 01:00:19 PM
"The Twitter troll forced to hand over £100,000 in libel damages to Stephen Nolan has advised Northern Ireland government officials in his well-paid role in economics and finance.

Fearing for his career, the Alliance party voter in his 40s, who used the Twitter handles 'Pastor Jimberoo' and 'Pastor Jimberoo's Ghost' to harass the BBC presenter, begged him not to reveal his identity.

Nolan has stuck to the agreement, saying it shows that he is the "bigger man".

That's from the Sunday Life story, it doesent necessarily make him a SpAd. People can advise government on a range of issues if they have the expertise. A SpAd is different.

Yeah I don't think it is an Alliance Party SpAD going by that. The only Alliance party SpAD is a girl Patricia O'Loan I think. And she is obviously in Justice.