Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Eire90 on July 03, 2021, 04:12:23 PM
If you  dislike nolan so much ignore and stop listening to him. You get these people moaning about nolan but still listen to his show every day i find his show boring anyway i stopped listing to him  same with talkback which is just another nolan show same people same topics all the time.
100. He is a radio version of Jeremy Kyle. I have zero interest in him or the inane ramblings of the people who ring into him so I never listen.

brokencrossbar1

The only way you stop the Nolan juggernaut is by not listening to him. His ratings make him untouchable and this weeks events will have strengthened it. For what it's worth it seems he had a strong case against the Pastor. Loads of defamatory comments on the petition he set up which he didn't monitor.

As for Tim McKane he has tried to engage Nolan on the make up of his show, particularly in terms of the over exposure to the likes of Jim Allister. He is a bit obsessive and that dilutes his point I think. It's no different to the heckler and the comedian. The man with the microphone always has the last word....that's Nolan.

red hander

Pride comes before a fall. I have no doubt that karma will catch up with the fat Shankill slabber one of these fine days.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't listen to him at all. The problem is not as simple as turning it off. He stirs up hate for a living and it does nothing for this place. You hear some nonsense about this place almost being ready to go to war when it's a very small minority who are annoyed by this border stuff. He provides a voice for those morons and tbh I imagine the likes of him is the reason that lcc have a voice.

Eire90

its also the bekind brigade that seem to me making comments about nolans weight

red hander

Quote from: Eire90 on July 03, 2021, 07:41:45 PM
its also the bekind brigade that seem to me making comments about nolans weight

It's not glandular, he's just a complete and utter glutton. Your point?

imtommygunn

Play the ball not the man.

There is plenty to attack with how he conducts himself - how he looks is irrelevant and petty.

quit yo jibbajabba

What about the small ears tho. Can we at least have a go at them?!

imtommygunn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 03, 2021, 09:15:36 PM
What about the small ears tho. Can we at least have a go at them?!

;D

He's an idiot no matter what he looks like lol.

Dougal Maguire

I see wee Seamie Bwyson is now gonna try to get a few quid off the Pastor as well
Careful now

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 04, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
I see wee Seamie Bwyson is now gonna try to get a few quid off the Pastor as well

Pastor Begbie?

Eire90

No sympathy for the pastor.

lfdown2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2021, 06:11:49 PM
I wouldn't listen to him at all. The problem is not as simple as turning it off. He stirs up hate for a living and it does nothing for this place. You hear some nonsense about this place almost being ready to go to war when it's a very small minority who are annoyed by this border stuff. He provides a voice for those morons and tbh I imagine the likes of him is the reason that lcc have a voice.

Exactly that, particularly as someone who is employed by the 'national' broadcaster and paid via license fee, it's shameful for the BBC. We are not talking about a commercial station here dependent on advertising revenue.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 03, 2021, 05:57:26 PM
The only way you stop the Nolan juggernaut is by not listening to him. His ratings make him untouchable and this weeks events will have strengthened it. For what it's worth it seems he had a strong case against the Pastor. Loads of defamatory comments on the petition he set up which he didn't monitor.

As for Tim McKane he has tried to engage Nolan on the make up of his show, particularly in terms of the over exposure to the likes of Jim Allister. He is a bit obsessive and that dilutes his point I think. It's no different to the heckler and the comedian. The man with the microphone always has the last word....that's Nolan.

He has become more desperate of late, valid points no doubt but it is becoming rambling at this stage.

imtommygunn

Tbh it would appear he's pretty much untouchable looking at this. For me he's a boy who should be put off the air but that has very very little chance of happening.

JC's point there is an interesting one about it being an entertainment show not a politics show is an interesting one.

Dougal Maguire

I think that definition could come back to haunt him. It now gives the political parties a valid reason to refuse to come on to his show.
Careful now