Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Angelo on October 27, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on October 27, 2020, 06:03:34 PM
What kind of influence does Kevin Madden have with Tyrone? Does he take part in training or is he working in the background?

Had completely forgotten about him.

Mickey lets him put the cones out and take the warm down.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dunsilly King

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 27, 2020, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 27, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on October 27, 2020, 06:03:34 PM
What kind of influence does Kevin Madden have with Tyrone? Does he take part in training or is he working in the background?

Had completely forgotten about him.

Mickey lets him put the cones out and take the warm down.

Yes thats why Mickey asked him unto the coaching team :o

Taylor

Madden is a shrewd operator.

Wise move by Harte to take someone else in to give a different point of view - if he listens or not that is debatable.

Madden v Horse for the top seat when Harte steps away?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 12:16:41 PM

Wise move by Harte to take someone else in to give a different point of view - if he listens or not that is debatable.

stop trolling me. My blood pressure high enough .

Taylor

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 28, 2020, 02:17:14 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 12:16:41 PM

stop trolling me. My blood pressure high enough .

?

southtyronegael

Twas a joke, Taylor. Bit like the Tyrone management.

Taylor

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 28, 2020, 03:54:55 PM
Twas a joke, Taylor. Bit like the Tyrone management.

;D
You never let us down STG

bigtogs

If Tyrone get beat on Sunday is that Mickey on the dole?

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigtogs on October 28, 2020, 05:06:17 PM
absolutely not! He qualifies for the pension.

sidelineball

Quote from: bigtogs on October 28, 2020, 05:06:17 PM

Not. A. Chance.

the goal was on

Eire90

No mickey harte can say there was no back door so he has a free shot at the all ireland this year.

Redhand Santa

Looking forward to Sunday. Would read nothing into the league game as Tyrone didn't seem to invest too much in the game. It will be a massive task on Sunday though and Donegal will rightfully fancy their chances. The unavailability of so many players is effecting the strength and depth of the team and would have liked another forward option or two on the bench.

I see in papers Richie Donnelly has been back training. If he's fit he will start and this time of year probably suits him, as well as giving a bit more physicality around the middle sector which we lacked massively in the league game. Meyler seemed to play a more attacking role last week and was poor, if he's on it'll have to be in a more defensive role. Our options at the back are a limited given the likely unavailability of Brennan, Hampsey, Cassidy etc.

You could actually make a case for playing McRory (as popular as that would be) who again should suit the time of year and is more of an out and out marker than some of the players in defence. It's a toss up between him and Hugh Pat for me. It's hard to know what to do with Sludden. There is potential in him but hasn't delivered in the last few years. I don't think he's an 11 - so either an option as a half forward or half back. Liam Rafferty seems better on the front foot than back foot so I'd have him in half back line. I'd go with something like this (assuming boys above unavailable):

Morgan
Hugh Pat
McNamee
McKernan
McCann
Burns
Rafferty
Kennedy
Mattie
Sludden
R Donnelly
McGeary
Harte
McKenna
Canavan

McCurry to hopefully provide some kind of impact of the bench. Tyrone being given very little chance in the media which probably suits us alright. I certainly wouldn't right the team off.

square_ball

I'd be very very surprised if there are many changes to the team that started on Sunday past. Looks like Michael O'Neill has an injury so not sure there. Maybe if Richie Donnelly is fit he'd take his spot. Meyler is the only one in the squad capable of tracking McHugh albeit he was poor doing a similar job on Durkan on Sunday. I'm confident enough they can pull it out of the bag.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 29, 2020, 07:59:56 AM
Looking forward to Sunday. Would read nothing into the league game as Tyrone didn't seem to invest too much in the game. It will be a massive task on Sunday though and Donegal will rightfully fancy their chances. The unavailability of so many players is effecting the strength and depth of the team and would have liked another forward option or two on the bench.

I see in papers Richie Donnelly has been back training. If he's fit he will start and this time of year probably suits him, as well as giving a bit more physicality around the middle sector which we lacked massively in the league game. Meyler seemed to play a more attacking role last week and was poor, if he's on it'll have to be in a more defensive role. Our options at the back are a limited given the likely unavailability of Brennan, Hampsey, Cassidy etc.

You could actually make a case for playing McRory (as popular as that would be) who again should suit the time of year and is more of an out and out marker than some of the players in defence. It's a toss up between him and Hugh Pat for me. It's hard to know what to do with Sludden. There is potential in him but hasn't delivered in the last few years. I don't think he's an 11 - so either an option as a half forward or half back. Liam Rafferty seems better on the front foot than back foot so I'd have him in half back line. I'd go with something like this (assuming boys above unavailable):

Morgan
Hugh Pat
McNamee
McKernan
McCann
Burns
Rafferty
Kennedy
Mattie
Sludden
R Donnelly
McGeary
Harte
McKenna
Canavan

McCurry to hopefully provide some kind of impact of the bench. Tyrone being given very little chance in the media which probably suits us alright. I certainly wouldn't right the team off.

There's no way I'd have Sludden starting ahead of McCurry, and I'd be surprised if Richie Donnelly starts having not played at all in the two league games.  Meyler also seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet, when he's fit he always plays.