Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on April 23, 2021, 02:29:35 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2021, 02:07:57 PM
This escalated quickly.

Trailer might be letting the recent GAA rivalry cloud his judgement a wee bit. ;D

Emm, one of the most beautiful parts of the world with almost a quarter of all Irish beaches, and a chap from Tyrone dissing it, nothing to see here...plenty in Donegal though boom boom  :D

J70

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2021, 02:43:33 PM
This escalated quickly.

Trailer might be letting the recent GAA rivalry cloud his judgement a wee bit. ;D

Lol! So good you immigrated from it  ;)

Seriously though next time you're in Donegal look at the state of the buildings the planning authority passed. Ridiculous.

Can't deny Donegal CC haven't been the greatest stewards of our world class scenic landscape. :)

Rudi

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on April 23, 2021, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 01:22:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2021, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 23, 2021, 04:24:35 AM
They should bring back Donegal's old railway network and ban young fellas from driving.

Another example of a leftie with a right wing solution. The railway network will unfortunately never come back to Donegal. Public transport is very limited, pretty much non existant in Donegal. In a village called Fintown, they have a mile stretch of railway & a train which Donegal kids can ride on, a kind of local tourist attraction. Young fellas rallying cars on back roads late at night is common in most rural areas. Inishowen is particularly bad for young lads rallying, seems to be a cultural right of passage "to wreck a car sir".
High insurance costs aren't prohibitive as young lads will either drive without insurance or just pay up, as without a car they can get no where. Donegal people in general are among the most non-compliant in the ROI, you only have to look at the covid figures, water rates when they were brought in etc. I have to say overall I do like Donegal people generally decent & good fun.

A huge culture of non compliance in Donegal. County is a bit of a kip as well. Needs a lot of investment and as I have said before, as a tourist destination it is one of the most overrated anywhere in the world.

As regards the tourist destination comment, you are way out of line. Your the man who went to Downings & never visited Tramore beach or probably the most beautiful beach in the world "The Murder hole". Not to mention 3 other secluded beaches in the area. And thats just Downings. Donegal is the most under-rated county in Ireland for such untamed beauty form the Poisoned Glen, Doochary, Glenveagh, Highest cliffs in Europe, beaches, lakes, mountains, golf courses, bogs, its stunning. It can be quaint & certain small businesses don't have methods of contactless payements, such is life, I think that adds not subtracts from the experience. Off to Magaluff with you, maybe read a book on Donegal, it might broaden your horizons. You even complained about the weather the last time, the north-west can do f all about its crap weather.
What part of the wannabe free state are ya from? Is Portrush better than Portsalon? Is the Giants Rip off Causeway better than Slieve League? Is Sliabh Donard better than Mount Errigal & the 7 peaks challenge? Are Donegal people more friendly than ones from the Falls / Shankhill road? Did you go to Glen Bar, a village neeat Downings, drink a pint & eat a top class dinner. The only places that come close to Donegal for shear rugged beauty are the Catskills, Aspen Glenwood Springs, Boulder areas of the Rockies, parts of Norway.
As they say in Donegal "you have your sh%te" I'd  nearly show you around next time your up, you will have to take off your blind fold & leave your hotel room.
Leave us Down men out of this. And the Mourne 7 peaks challenge better of course  ;)

The Mourne is nice, did the 7 peaks twice, had the kids up at Santa in the Mournes a few years back, very enjoyable. Newry is a bit rough all the same, was at a wedding there about 10 years ago, can remember some paramedics getting attacked in the back of an ambulance as they treated a bloodied man.

Rudi

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 23, 2021, 02:54:48 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 02:20:09 PM
This escalated quickly.

Hard to resist winding up a Wannabe freestater :) He probably prefers thon protestant pish water Bushmills over Jameson  ;D & yes I'm aware of the irony.

Point of order. Bushmills is nicer than Jameson.

Jaysus I don't think so, could be the big silly fenian head on me ;D I'm sure we can agree Middleton rare would kick the ass of both of them, whilist burning a hole in our pockets.

Tony Baloney

The Royal Mail miscarriage of justice is a disgrace. Should he some big payouts off the back of it.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dire Ear

This escalated quickly.

Hard to resist winding up a Wannabe freestater :) He probably prefers thon protestant pish water Bushmills over Jameson  ;D & yes I'm aware of the irony.

Sorry ,  can't let that pass  ;D :D
Bushmills isn't nice at all,  Jameson is gorgeous  8) 8)

Silver hill

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2021, 02:43:33 PM
This escalated quickly.

Lol! So good you immigrated from it  ;)

Seriously though next time you're in Donegal look at the state of the buildings the planning authority passed. Ridiculous.
Trailer, you're a strange combination of ignorance and snobbery.
Immigrated? Think the word you were looking for is 'emigrated'?

Milltown Row2

I've missed Donegall this year, my dogs have missed it, I've missed the runs through Ards Forrest/beach park, down through to the monastery walks,  into Dunfanaghy along the beaches. Drinking in Arnold's and lunch/dinner in the pubs on the street!

For me the ruggedness of Donegal outstrips any Mediterranean resort, if that is Donegal, it is sunny, If it's pissing down it's shit  >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2021, 06:21:01 PM
The Royal Mail miscarriage of justice is a disgrace. Should he some big payouts off the back of it.

Terrible situation. There was a report from our LCJ about two years ago that there was an average of one miscarriage of justice a month in crown courts in NI. So the numbers involved unfortunately do not surprise me.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rudi

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2021, 09:39:41 PM
I've missed Donegall this year, my dogs have missed it, I've missed the runs through Ards Forrest/beach park, down through to the monastery walks,  into Dunfanaghy along the beaches. Drinking in Arnold's and lunch/dinner in the pubs on the street!

For me the ruggedness of Donegal outstrips any Mediterranean resort, if that is Donegal, it is sunny, If it's pissing down it's shit  >:(

You can do a walk from Ards Friary to Ards forest park via the coast or through the forestry that's pretty special. The beach (cove) at the intersection is pretty spectacular.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 10:06:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2021, 09:39:41 PM

You can do a walk from Ards Friary to Ards forest park via the coast or through the forestry that's pretty special. The beach (cove) at the intersection is pretty spectacular.
Friends have a house across the road, the Forrest run from the monastery into Ards park/beach is spectacular, we usually go twice a year, it's been so annoying not being there this year!

Hoping to be back soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Dire Ear on April 23, 2021, 08:01:47 PM
This escalated quickly.

Sorry ,  can't let that pass  ;D :D
Bushmills isn't nice at all,  Jameson is gorgeous  8) 8)

Philistine
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: David McKeown on April 23, 2021, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2021, 06:21:01 PM

Terrible situation. There was a report from our LCJ about two years ago that there was an average of one miscarriage of justice a month in crown courts in NI. So the numbers involved unfortunately do not surprise me.

I think there was someone who committed suicide on the back of being wrongfully found guilty of fraud and it was an error on whatever system the Royal Mail had moved to.

Horrendous stuff altogether.

tyroneman

Some places charging over 3 times the normal price for a weeks holiday home rental in Donegal.

If you want to pay over 3k...be my guest...not for me tho