Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2021, 08:58:17 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 08:54:43 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 08:23:21 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 06:47:50 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2021, 11:50:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2021, 11:37:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2021, 11:22:52 PM
It's no surprise that many in the south don't support the armed struggle of the past. Remember most catholics in the north didn't support it at the time.

Did you read the thread title? This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

Not the first time something obvious went over your head.

Look who has got their own wee thread and getting all protective of it.

My point is valid. It's no surprise that people in the south don't buy into the so called justifications of armed struggle in the north. As for the various armed struggles in the south not too many remember them or give them much thought. Ask anyone who was their favourite paedophile Roger Casement or Padraig Pearse and they will probably confess to knowing very little about either character. 100+ years can do that

So we have ignorant free staters passing judgement on a conflict that never impacted them but can't be bothered to do their own history on the founding fathers of their state and the political parties they vote into power?

You keep wanting to discuss the north. This thread is about the bloody violence free staters engaged in to win their own freedom and I haven't heard the same condemnation or seen the mass hand wringing about the numbers they disappeared, the sectarian murders they committed, the elected politicians they assassinated.

Odd that in a thread about that you want to detract away from it.

Like it or not but your own thread is about the north. You say that "freestaters" exhibit "hypocrisy" when dealing with their own violent. For it to be hypocrisy it has to be at odds with their attittude to another violent conflict. Its seemed fairly obvious that the other conflict you were in inferring was the troubles in NI. Indeed one poster stated

This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

So absolutely the troubles in NI are at the heart of this thread (your thread!).

So no detraction. Keep up the qood work champion

No you are trying to make this about the North.

This is about Free Staters being unwilling to address their own bloody and violent past. It's in the thread title, so you must be illiterate if you can't make that out.

Putting aside your stupid use of the term Free Staters, is it not fair to say - on this board at least, that you are referring to 3/4 people when this thread reads like everyone south of the border is avoiding our bloody past.

I'd say apart from yourself and Main Street, the southern posters on here all feed into the same narrative.

I can add in Louther, dublin7, Tubberman, clonad, Lar and countless others who share that mindset.

Plenty to say and pontificate on a conflict they had no experience or no understanding of but yet unwilling to address the bloody and violent past of their own state.

I call it the free state, there are two states on this island which is partitioned and it's used to refer to those of a partitionist mindset.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Farrandeelin

Angelo, as a person from the south who sympathises greatly with Northern nationalists and is annoyed with the lack of response from successive governments towards the barbaric crimes of the Brits in the North whilst recognising the violent effort taken by the old IRA in the struggle to get the aforementioned Brits out of the 26, do I qualify as a freestater?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2021, 09:06:58 AM
Angelo, as a person from the south who sympathises greatly with Northern nationalists and is annoyed with the lack of response from successive governments towards the barbaric crimes of the Brits in the North whilst recognising the violent effort taken by the old IRA in the struggle to get the aforementioned Brits out of the 26, do I qualify as a freestater?

I haven't noticed anything too toxic or extreme in your views so for now I would say no.

You're good Far.

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2021, 09:14:25 AM
Angelo is a TERF
Tyrone Eejit Republican Faction

And you're an unashamed, unintelligent hypocrite.

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 09:56:32 AM
Angelo is a TERF

You're a hoot, Angelo
Try selling thug enforcers and kneecappings in Mayo. Ring the Tommy Marren show and see how you get on.
https://www.midwestradio.ie/

GetOverTheBar

In fairness, having played football for 10 years at this stage, the only time I've ever got any abuse on the pitch was by "Southern" teams.

One team in particular in Cavan of all places were right and good at letting us know we were rotten dirty northerners who liked to kill each other.

Another Donegal team in the Ulster League a few years ago was fond of a bit casual baiting too but not to the level of the above.

Water off a ducks back I suppose but there is a bit of it about.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 12, 2021, 10:34:47 AM
In fairness, having played football for 10 years at this stage, the only time I've ever got any abuse on the pitch was by "Southern" teams.

One team in particular in Cavan of all places were right and good at letting us know we were rotten dirty northerners who liked to kill each other.

Another Donegal team in the Ulster League a few years ago was fond of a bit casual baiting too but not to the level of the above.

Water off a ducks back I suppose but there is a bit of it about.

Funny you say that about Cavan,  I vividly remember playing a D'alton Cup game in Clontibret against St Pats Cavan and being abused the whole way through the game for being a dirty northern British bastard and for me to f**k off back to the black north and before that we played in the Community games for Cross in Cootehill and were roundly abused by the Cavan team in similar terms. Also the time Ciaran McKeever was allegedly abused by Laois players for being British, funny we got the same from Portlaoise as well. Wooly would have been proud.

There has been an historical feeling of isolation from the 26 and that has been engendered by certain elements with the political arena and also within the MSM. I know for a fact this is presently being challenged within the MSM but whether that will change is questionable. I know what I went through growing up and if someone across the border in Blayney or Dundalk went through it i would like to think that I could understand it. I don't know if the same comes the other way

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2021, 10:31:03 AM
Angelo is a TERF

You're a hoot, Angelo
Try selling thug enforcers and kneecappings in Mayo. Ring the Tommy Marren show and see how you get on.

Thug enforcers and kneecappings.

That's the type of hysterical diatribes you engage in. It merely does nothing more than serve the type of ignorance you have on the northern situation and what people had to go through.

It also shows the brazen arrogance that you feel you are qualified to comment when you don't know the first thing about what you're talking about.

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 10:51:09 AM
Angelo is a TERF

You're a hoot, Angelo

That's the type of hysterical diatribes you engage in. It merely does nothing more than serve the type of ignorance you have on the northern situation and what people had to go through.

It also shows the brazen arrogance that you feel you are qualified to comment when you don't know the first thing about what you're talking about.
"You don't know anything" and "hysterical diatribes" are Ideology 1.01
Get some new memes.

smelmoth

It's no surprise that many in the south don't support the armed struggle of the past. Remember most catholics in the north didn't support it at the time.

Did you read the thread title? This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

My point is valid. It's no surprise that people in the south don't buy into the so called justifications of armed struggle in the north. As for the various armed struggles in the south not too many remember them or give them much thought. Ask anyone who was their favourite paedophile Roger Casement or Padraig Pearse and they will probably confess to knowing very little about either character. 100+ years can do that

So we have ignorant free staters passing judgement on a conflict that never impacted them but can't be bothered to do their own history on the founding fathers of their state and the political parties they vote into power?

You keep wanting to discuss the north. This thread is about the bloody violence free staters engaged in to win their own freedom and I haven't heard the same condemnation or seen the mass hand wringing about the numbers they disappeared, the sectarian murders they committed, the elected politicians they assassinated.

Like it or not but your own thread is about the north. You say that "freestaters" exhibit "hypocrisy" when dealing with their own violent. For it to be hypocrisy it has to be at odds with their attittude to another violent conflict. Its seemed fairly obvious that the other conflict you were in inferring was the troubles in NI. Indeed one poster stated

This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

So absolutely the troubles in NI are at the heart of this thread (your thread!).

This is about Free Staters being unwilling to address their own bloody and violent past. It's in the thread title, so you must be illiterate if you can't make that out.

Not illiterate wee man.

I read your reference to hypocrisy. I read your clarification that it's hypocrisy relative to their views on the troubles in NI. You are definitely putting NI at the centre of this. Good thread. Keep up the good work Champion.

trueblue1234

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2021, 11:00:29 AM
Angelo is a TERF

You're a hoot, Angelo

Get some new memes.

FFS Seafoid, when your shown up, stop digging. Posting cryptic nonsense to deflect doesn't help. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 11:01:02 AM

Not illiterate wee man.

I read your reference to hypocrisy. I read your clarification that it's hypocrisy relative to their views on the troubles in NI. You are definitely putting NI at the centre of this. Good thread. Keep up the good work Champion.

You are illiterate "wee man".

The thread title makes no reference to the north. This is about free staters who don't want to address their only bloody past while moralising on using violence to gain a political means.

I am putting the hypocrisy of free staters and how they defend their own violence at the front of it and you are attempting to detract the title away from free staters and their hypocrisy on the actions of the Old IRA.

Here's a brazen example of it yesterday. The leader of the Free State brazenly championing an Old IRA gunman and killer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/taoiseach-criticises-shameful-lack-of-memorial-to-se%C3%A1n-lemass-in-dublin-1.4560841

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2021, 11:00:29 AM
Angelo is a TERF

You're a hoot, Angelo

Get some new memes.

That's it.

Let your mask skip.