10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

tbrick18

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 22, 2021, 09:55:38 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 22, 2021, 09:39:20 PM
Derry are definately progressing.
It can be difficult to watch with all the back passing and keep ball but the persistent probing paid off today.
We are still vulnerable when someone runs at us I think. Fermanagh did it a few times and we struggled with it, but the fact we completely dominated the middle third meant they couldnt get a run at us.
Glass is really improving game to game.
Emmet Bradley does some amazing things, then can hand pass a ball straight to the opposing team. But never stops working to his credit. McKindless has probably been the "find" of the season so far and the cub from newbridge has some pace about him.

Couldn't ask for much more at this stage.

Promotion is definately the objective this year and then push on again next year.

I think we've found H.

I can neither confirm or deny that statement.
😂😂😂

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on May 17, 2021, 02:05:39 PM
Who are this supremely fit and organised Derry team going to pummel next? That has to be the question!

Fermanagh
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

My point exactly. Sure 20 point drubbings are common enough in this division.

Newbridge Exile

Something is askew when an Antrim man is one of the most regular  posters on the Derry board

Real Talk

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 22, 2021, 10:57:45 PM
It can be difficult to watch with all the back passing and keep ball but the persistent probing paid off today.
We are still vulnerable when someone runs at us I think. Fermanagh did it a few times and we struggled with it, but the fact we completely dominated the middle third meant they couldnt get a run at us.
Emmet Bradley does some amazing things, then can hand pass a ball straight to the opposing team. But never stops working to his credit. McKindless has probably been the "find" of the season so far and the cub from newbridge has some pace about him.

Promotion is definately the objective this year and then push on again next year.

Also thought Ethan Doherty has a very good game and Paul McNeill played well when he came on and had a great pass for one of the goals ( still bearing in mind how ineffective Fermanagh were ) ...

tbrick18

Quote from: Real Talk on May 23, 2021, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 22, 2021, 10:57:45 PM

Also thought Ethan Doherty has a very good game and Paul McNeill played well when he came on and had a great pass for one of the goals ( still bearing in mind how ineffective Fermanagh were ) ...

Yeah Doherty was very good. Hard to pick out any weak links to be honest and they will only be found against stiffer opposition.
I think we'll beat Cavan based on how they've been so far.
It is difficult to judge where we are at since the quality we've been up against has been so poor.
But, 2 years ago we would have struggled in both those games so we have improved a lot imo.
The most pleasing thing so far is that we seem to have a game plan, a kick out strategy, a good level of strength and fitness and a good team spirit. We've been missing all of that for over 10 years so it's great to see

Real Talk

Yes to all those very important positive comments T Brick

Newbridge Exile

I would  agree that there definitely has been major progress made in terms of game plan/ strategy/ conditioning etc  but would still be slightly worried about where the scores would come from in the event of an injury/ suspension to Shane McGuigan

Silver hill

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on May 28, 2021, 02:16:27 PM
I would  agree that there definitely has been major progress made in terms of game plan/ strategy/ conditioning etc  but would still be slightly worried about where the scores would come from in the event of an injury/ suspension to Shane McGuigan

You could say the same thing about most other teams apart from Dublin.
You'd think Monaghan would struggle without McManus yet they scored 4-11 last week.
Do Mayo really struggle for scores if O'Connor isn't there?
Shane is a brilliant footballer but I'm not sure that we will collapse if he's not there for some reason.
Doherty, Mckindless, glass, Bradley, Mcfaul, Tad all capable of notching a couple of scores each.
Would hate to lose him, but it wouldn't be the disaster it would have been if it happened a few years ago.
Derry are going very well and are capable of shocking Donegal in a few months.
Promotion still the priority, though anything else will be a bonus.

bannside

Would you not have thought of adding Niall Loughlin to that list? One of the best footballers you have.

GiveItToTheShooters

Some craic if derry bottle this

Wildweasel74

Played rightly, still too many silly mistakes, give cavan  goals and missed another 4 goal Chances ourselves, but big improvement from times gone by

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Strange substitutes at the end,nearly cost them

JGDoire

Could not understand the subs at the end.  Tough enough.  Nearly threw it away.  Ref was shocking.  I wonder what part of Cavan his Mum is from. Need a couple of games like that to build confidence and hardness. Not a bad day :-)

restorepride

Some awful decisions by Hughes. Doire did dig in well though before halftime and in 3rd quarter. Injury to Rodgers seemed to unsettle them but they still saw it out so game management improving. Cavan cynical enough at times. 3 good results in a row!! No harm for confidence!