Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sid waddell on December 16, 2020, 05:12:15 PM
I remember when this debate was being had back in 2018, it came out that Dublin has less Games Promotion officers per capita than the rest of Leinster

And that Roscommon were receiving around three times more development funding per capita than Dublin

This doesn't suit the narrative
Didn't spot this until now.
Mind quoting your sources?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sid waddell

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 16, 2020, 05:33:17 PM
I remember when this debate was being had back in 2018, it came out that Dublin has less Games Promotion officers per capita than the rest of Leinster

And that Roscommon were receiving around three times more development funding per capita than Dublin

https://twitter.com/SeanMcGoldrick1/status/1037767275921727488

Last year the Dublin County Board  earned €1.46m in commercial/  sponsorship deals as against Roscommon's £168,053. Croke Park also allocated Dublin €1.2m for coaching/development; Roscommon received £168,053.The GAA's lopsided financial model is the elephant in the room #GAA

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1038017031881326594

They are. The games development money is spent on games development officers. Dublin have 90, rest of Leinster 89. They work in the schools but also clubs

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sid waddell on December 16, 2020, 10:16:44 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 16, 2020, 05:33:17 PM

https://twitter.com/SeanMcGoldrick1/status/1037767275921727488

Last year the Dublin County Board  earned €1.46m in commercial/  sponsorship deals as against Roscommon's £168,053. Croke Park also allocated Dublin €1.2m for coaching/development; Roscommon received £168,053.The GAA's lopsided financial model is the elephant in the room #GAA

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1038017031881326594

They are. The games development money is spent on games development officers. Dublin have 90, rest of Leinster 89. They work in the schools but also clubs
Fair enough, sid. I'll take a closer look at those references tomorrow but you, at least of all  the Dubs in general, is prepared to quote sources to back up your arguments.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

MoChara

I see online buff egans going up against wooly for comments he made about the conditioning of Mikey Boyle, should organise a celebrity boxing match

reillycavan

Quote from: MoChara on December 16, 2020, 10:56:52 PM
I see online buff egans going up against wooly for comments he made about the conditioning of Mikey Boyle, should organise a celebrity boxing match

Any more on this??

FermGael

Poor stuff there on twitter from Stephen Poacher.
He should be above rubbish like that
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Hound

And Wooly's response to Poacher:

Wow. If you're sending me that personal stuff Imagine what you said the the Laois players while running on to the field. Which you deny if course. Scum

:o

square_ball

Quote from: FermGael on December 21, 2020, 11:43:22 AM

Poacher showing his true colours there. That's pathetic.

Edit: I see poacher has now deleted his post.

galwayman

What did Poacher say? He seems to have deleted his tweet.

square_ball

Quote from: galwayman on December 21, 2020, 12:06:08 PM

Said something along the lines of everyone has off days and to have a good Christmas then put a picture up of a newspaper article from 2004 when Parkinson was guilty of assault.

Angelo

Quote from: FermGael on December 21, 2020, 11:43:22 AM

What was said?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on December 21, 2020, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: galwayman on December 21, 2020, 12:06:08 PM

Said something along the lines of everyone has off days and to have a good Christmas then put a picture up of a newspaper article from 2004 when Parkinson was guilty of assault.

Is it really that bad?

Parkinson is a loudmouth, I don't see too much harm in him getting some back particularly if he was found guilty!
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Is Poacher using the distraction tactic after Down's poor show in minors?

Hound

Quote from: marty34 on December 21, 2020, 12:43:57 PM
Is Poacher using the distraction tactic after Down's poor show in minors?
Parkinson started it by saying "1-04... in the entire game. Minors. I'm looking forward to Poacher telling us how great a coach he is in his next column"

Then Poacher reacted saying everyone has the odd bad day and linked the article. Now deleted.

rodney trotter

Both are controversial types. Poacher seemed to be always in rows when he was coach with Carlow.
Not that Parkinson is much better. Off the ball crew seemed happy when he left the show