Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2020, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 10, 2020, 12:10:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 09, 2020, 10:51:36 PM
Was the sound engineers fault... both Wooly and Brennan's reputations are in tatters how can Laois keep Brennan on after that??

Proprietors of Joe.ie facing fraud allegations too not a good look!
How can they keep him? They should be listening to what he said and doing everything they can to keep him.
He has been brilliant for Laois hurling.

Agree 100%. Time for cool heads and people to put their egos aside for the good of Laois hurling.

A regular occurrence throughout the history of the association!

Gmac

Just heard this and Brennan as a county manager should keep this stuff to himself, how many other people has he been telling all this stuff to , sounds like a fella who would be telling all this stuff to every second person he meets . Get his plan together tell the county board what you need  and continue or leave . Parkinson or joe should not release the audio though.

JimStynes

Surely Parkinson didn't release this though? I'm sure he's had a million off the record conversations over the years. Was not an innocent mistake. Would be pretty silly to think he would sink himself like that. Best gaa podcast about as well.

galwayman

Quote from: JimStynes on November 11, 2020, 06:52:39 PM
Surely Parkinson didn't release this though? I'm sure he's had a million off the record conversations over the years. Was not an innocent mistake. Would be pretty silly to think he would sink himself like that. Best gaa podcast about as well.
I agree. He had nothing to gain by releasing it.
I would personally believe it was a genuine mistake.

burdizzo

Doesn't matter. Whether it was deliberate to gain a 'scoop', or pure ineptitude, people will now be very careful in what they say to him!

fearsiuil

Doubt very strongly he meant it, what has he to gain from this but ridicule. I enjoy his podcast but not necessarily him, he does very little research on many topics he brings up and often goes off on one when he clearly has false or half the details necessary to come to a reasonable conclusion. He cannot pronounce any place name with more than a syllable and a half. He seems to insist having his 2 sidekicks agree with him most of the time basically tell me lads I'm right! Lockdown podcasts about old games were good but jaysus his long ones about reforming structures in the GAA etc were painful. Goes on about playing for Portlaoise same way Johnny Giles talks about my day with Leeds. Other than that.....Cian Ward very good, Cheddar Plunkett excellent.

Westside

Parkinson is not a sound engineer he's a podcaster and public health expert. Ridiculous he's getting the flak for this error.

Taylor

Quote from: Westside on November 12, 2020, 01:39:05 PM
Parkinson is not a sound engineer he's a podcaster and public health expert. Ridiculous he's getting the flak for this error.

Podcaster?
He calls himself presenter/producer & researcher.

Deserves everything coming his way.

Public health expert  ;D

JimStynes

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 02:16:01 PM

Podcaster?

Public health expert  ;D

Why does he deserve everything coming his way? Because he annoys you a bit or because someone leaked that to the public? I don't get the hate about him. He's a bit of a tube but he seems good enough craic on the show and doesn't take himself too serious either. The GAA hour is by far the best GAA podcast going. There's plenty of podcasters like that I don't like so I don't listen anymore.

Gmac

Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2020, 05:48:31 PM

Podcaster?

Public health expert  ;D

Why does he deserve everything coming his way? Because he annoys you a bit or because someone leaked that to the public? I don't get the hate about him. He's a bit of a tube but he seems good enough craic on the show and doesn't take himself too serious either. The GAA hour is by far the best GAA podcast going. There's plenty of podcasters like that I don't like so I don't listen anymore.
probably because he's not on the Covid mass lockdown side . The hurling show is very good I enjoy Carroll and cheddar and nice to hear some opinions from the smaller counties.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2020, 05:48:31 PM

Podcaster?

Public health expert  ;D

He has an opinion that sometimes isn't mainstream. That can get you a lot of flack in today's world

gallsman

Ooohhh he has an opinion that isn't mainstream.

Ooohhhh he's edgy

Ooohhh he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Blah blah blah. The same shite people spout about Joe Rogan or Barstool Sports.

That's the reasoning people don't like him. Nothing to do with being a twat  ::)

Westside

Every town has one, he's an authority on everything but in reality doesn't know his arse from his elbow about anything. He'd be the first man in line to criticise if it suited him so good to see him taking some flak when the shoe is on the other foot.
He did well having Stevie McDonnell on the podcast for so long, Colm couldn't help but sound reasoned and insightful by comparison.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Westside on November 12, 2020, 10:48:29 PM
Every town has one, he's an authority on everything but in reality doesn't know his arse from his elbow about anything. He'd be the first man in line to criticise if it suited him so good to see him taking some flak when the shoe is on the other foot.
He did well having Stevie McDonnell on the podcast for so long, Colm couldn't help but sound reasoned and insightful by comparison.

And they were always the lads who got 75 points in the Leaving

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gallsman on November 12, 2020, 09:35:56 PM
Ooohhh he has an opinion that isn't mainstream.

Ooohhhh he's edgy

Ooohhh he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Blah blah blah. The same shite people spout about Joe Rogan or Barstool Sports.

That's the reasoning people don't like him. Nothing to do with being a twat  ::)
Jeepers calm down big lad. Not overly fussed either way on him as its not really that important in bigger scheme of things. He has 53k followers on Twitter so somebody likes him at least a wee bit