Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Any recommendations for a box ?
The old one has finally packed in
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Dar31

Depends on what you want it for . I think the formuler boxes are excellent .

Itchy

Quote from: Dar31 on April 11, 2021, 04:20:24 PM
Depends on what you want it for . I think the formuler boxes are excellent .

Formuler or nvidea shield

Boycey

Quote from: FermGael on April 11, 2021, 03:10:30 PM

We've done this before several times and Itchys is right Formuler and nVidia Shield are vastly superior boxes BUT if all you're gonna do is stream IPTV and the like a Firestick can't be beaten for cost, portability and performance...

I have a Shield and a Stick by the way

laoislad

Quote from: FermGael on April 11, 2021, 03:10:30 PM
Tinder?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

StPatsAbu

Can anyone share a link to good copy AirPods they'd recommend? Cheers

JPGJOHNNYG

Lads I have been watching IPTV with a VPN through perfect player or smarters on the fire stick and after yrs of being fine its starting to play up all the time becoming un-watchable. Is there a more stable app to use? I have never had a mag box is that something I can use with my m3u url or not? Cheers for the help

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 30, 2021, 09:30:20 AM
Lads I have been watching IPTV with a VPN through perfect player or smarters on the fire stick and after yrs of being fine its starting to play up all the time becoming un-watchable. Is there a more stable app to use? I have never had a mag box is that something I can use with my m3u url or not? Cheers for the help

Dont go to a mag anyway, old tech and less suppliers want them. I would go for a high end Android Box. You could also use the newer 4k Firesticks which I believe are pretty good. But before you do anything are you sure its your device and not the internet speed or your suppliers issues? Sky have been changing their encryption in the past week or two and this has resulted in all suppliers having issues to overcome - some doing better than others. Should be settling down in the next week.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Itchy on September 30, 2021, 11:46:52 AM

Dont go to a mag anyway, old tech and less suppliers want them. I would go for a high end Android Box. You could also use the newer 4k Firesticks which I believe are pretty good. But before you do anything are you sure its your device and not the internet speed or your suppliers issues? Sky have been changing their encryption in the past week or two and this has resulted in all suppliers having issues to overcome - some doing better than others. Should be settling down in the next week.

Cheers for that. Im waiting to upgrade to the ultrafast sky. Quite possibly sky have been messing things around I just assumed it was the app. Which other apps are worth trying?

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 30, 2021, 12:29:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 30, 2021, 11:46:52 AM

Cheers for that. Im waiting to upgrade to the ultrafast sky. Quite possibly sky have been messing things around I just assumed it was the app. Which other apps are worth trying?

Smarters is good. I live Tivimate but I have never tried on a Firestick. The Formuler Android boxes come with an app called Mytvonline which is really good too.

Main Street

IPTV Smarters Pro is a flexible app when it comes to platforms, it works on Android, MacOS, IOS and Windows, I think its the best for mobile computer/phone.
However for home viewing on the Formula box, Myvonline is my first choice, it has an overall better compatibility with the remote and the EPG is faster and better.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Main Street on September 30, 2021, 01:34:22 PM
IPTV Smarters Pro is a flexible app when it comes to platforms, it works on Android, MacOS, IOS and Windows, I think its the best for mobile computer/phone.
However for home viewing on the Formula box, Myvonline is my first choice, it has an overall better compatibility with the remote and the EPG is faster and better.

Thanks for advice :)

GiveItToTheShooters

Can anyone recommend a decent box equivalent to the 4K fire stick in terms of specs and price. Wanting the box over the firestick so I can wire it with an Ethernet cable instead of using WiFi to run IPTV.

Itchy

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 11, 2021, 01:41:12 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent box equivalent to the 4K fire stick in terms of specs and price. Wanting the box over the firestick so I can wire it with an Ethernet cable instead of using WiFi to run IPTV.

Formuler z+ neo is a good entry level. There are then other Formulers more powerful such as the Z10. But the Neo is easily equivalent to the firestick if not better.