Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Dar31 on November 26, 2020, 11:15:10 PM
Firestick are very good but there is maintenance needed to keep it working good with the formuler your paying for the great software and mutvinline2 app and the remote which is a proper tv remote lots of updates and a great forum too if you have any issues  they will help you sort it . Gives that real cable feel . You can just add a memory stick and then you have the ability to record . I have both the firestick and a formuler box firestick is good formuler is better nvidia is the best . Just really comes down to how much you want to pay

Could you be bothered with the hassle? Would you not pay the extra few quid and have peace of mind and a far better service with Sky?

Boycey

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 25, 2020, 09:33:05 PM
Firestick are very good but there is maintenance needed to keep it working good with the formuler your paying for the great software and mutvinline2 app and the remote which is a proper tv remote lots of updates and a great forum too if you have any issues  they will help you sort it . Gives that real cable feel . You can just add a memory stick and then you have the ability to record . I have both the firestick and a formuler box firestick is good formuler is better nvidia is the best . Just really comes down to how much you want to pay

Could you be bothered with the hassle? Would you not pay the extra few quid and have peace of mind and a far better service with Sky?

Seriously?

Firestick and sub to get ALL the sports/movies you will ever need for less than €100 per annum. Get a decent provider and you will have minimal issues.

Sky + BT + Amazon + PPV + Netflix well in excess of €1000 a year and it still won't cover all that an 'alternative' sub will.

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on December 25, 2020, 10:41:11 PM
Sky + BT + Amazon + PPV + Netflix well in excess of €1000 a year and it still won't cover all that an 'alternative' sub will.

Does 'alternative' mean someone who has actually paid for the content here?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 25, 2020, 09:33:05 PM

Thats a valid question. Sky and the like are making life harder by disrupting suppliers, forcing them to move servers upgrade servers, upgrade security. Its cat and mouse. But to the end user you see periods of freezing and disruption. It then becomes a matter of how much hassle you are willing to take, how much tv you watch and what you are prepared to pay. To some sky will be best solution. But at this stage there is no such thing as 100% flawless sub and if your supplier is openly advertising its only a matter of time before they go bang

Dougal Maguire

In my case it was a case of how much grief could I take from the wife and family. In the end I caved in and returned to Sky. I still have the other set up for movies and games that aren't on Sky but I'm happy enough with my decision
Careful now

Itchy

Personally I have 2 subs, when one plays up the other one isn't and vice versa. I spent a lot of time getting these 2 suppliers and I'm happy they are the best two, both 99% reliable. So basically its a very very rare day when both are in bother. Neither advertises openly and they work by referrals only now. So that's good enough for me so stay away from sky/netflix/Disney and whoever else. But thats just me.

Main Street

When the Sky+ digibox came out first, the software was a work of art in its simplicity to use and the box in its functionality.
Nowadays, even if I would be bothered to get a sky sub, it would have to an Irish card  and with all the needed add ons, such a sub would cost over Eur90 p/m
With the Iptv package  at 15 eur/pm, that I use now, (one MAG/ one M3U) I get all that Sky offer plus everything else on the planet, including GAAgo. There are people in the house who watch the Italian  and Scandinavian channels. on a daily basis. The USA packages are left totally untouched though.

I still have the sat dish and use the old HD digibox to get the free UK  tv and radio channels, that was also our back up in those days of tribulation in the iptv world and the WWW was used for anything else that was deemed urgent.

Dar31

Quote from: Itchy on December 27, 2020, 02:36:08 PM
Personally I have 2 subs, when one plays up the other one isn't and vice versa. I spent a lot of time getting these 2 suppliers and I'm happy they are the best two, both 99% reliable. So basically its a very very rare day when both are in bother. Neither advertises openly and they work by referrals only now. So that's good enough for me so stay away from sky/netflix/Disney and whoever else. But thats just me.

100% agree with the above and its what i do 2 subs and no issues with either so im happy out . Got a good deal off sky too so basically got to keep the basic sky for the price of what the broadband would cost on its own . Its all about getting a set up that works for you for the best price

gallsman

My provider currently trying to move away from MAC/stalker. M3U file they have me two years ago which I've never used doesn't work  >:(

Boycey

Who's ur provider, nosiness has me in a good few telegram support groups maybe I can help.

bigarsedkeeper

I haven't used any IPTV deals before - where do I go to get started? I had a provider contact through facebook but he's not on it anymore. I'm in the Newry area. Preferably use a firestick if possible. I had tried to set another one up before but the trial wouldn't work so I didn't go ahead with it. I had cancelled sky years ago when kids were small and I couldn't get watching the football, now they're looking to watch it too.

Main Street

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 03, 2021, 02:41:33 PM
I haven't used any IPTV deals before - where do I go to get started? I had a provider contact through facebook but he's not on it anymore. I'm in the Newry area. Preferably use a firestick if possible. I had tried to set another one up before but the trial wouldn't work so I didn't go ahead with it. I had cancelled sky years ago when kids were small and I couldn't get watching the football, now they're looking to watch it too.
This iptv service has a web site  https://securestreamott.com/ and it works, you'll need to use a vpn You'll get a link to video  on how to set it up on firestick, also a M3U url which you can set up on your phone, laptop etc.  Instead of a free trial start with a month sub, it's chump change. Then you can take your time to set it up and see if if you can live with it.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2021, 06:37:34 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 03, 2021, 02:41:33 PM
This iptv service has a web site and it works, you'll need to use a vpn You'll get a link to video  on how to set it up on firestick, also a M3U url which you can set up on your phone, laptop etc.  Instead of a free trial start with a month sub, it's chump change. Then you can take your time to set it up and see if if you can live with it.
Thanks for that. The one I looked at previously was a year up front so wanted the trial first. And it didn't work.