People you admire

Started by armaghniac, May 20, 2021, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

I have great respect for Mickey Harte because of his dtremendous dignity under pressure as he coped with the death of his daughter. I have reservations about much that Mickey has done but, like Aidan McGinely of recent times., Mickey and his wife were an inspitation to us all.
More controversial perhaps, I admire Arlene Foster who crossed deep sectarian divides to attend the Harte funeral.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 23, 2021, 10:44:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2021, 10:03:22 PM
Good man BC1, hopefully I'll get a run out at the Valley

Funny I was wondering would I see you!  We play our home games in the SW in Jordanstown.  I'm over round Woodlands too with the Masters so ye never know!!

Jordanstown would be handy, not much travel for me, walking distance  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

I respect Phil Mickelson

BennyCake

Quote from: michaelg on May 23, 2021, 12:44:38 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on May 23, 2021, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2021, 10:15:41 PM
That is a good shout. Those bells are fantastic people. To take such a tragic event in your life and to turn it into something that provides so much help to others is something else. They deserve massive respect.
Incredible charity borne out of massive personal tragedy. Enormous help to grieving families
Amazing folk who's charity helped my family after the death of a family member overseas.  Lovely too that they won the Lotto (Or lottery?) and my understanding is that they used the money to help their charity, which again speaks volumes about the kind ot people that they are are.

Yes, absolutely. They do fantastic work.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: BennyCake on May 24, 2021, 12:45:00 AM
Quote from: michaelg on May 23, 2021, 12:44:38 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on May 23, 2021, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2021, 10:15:41 PM
That is a good shout. Those bells are fantastic people. To take such a tragic event in your life and to turn it into something that provides so much help to others is something else. They deserve massive respect.
Incredible charity borne out of massive personal tragedy. Enormous help to grieving families
Amazing folk who's charity helped my family after the death of a family member overseas.  Lovely too that they won the Lotto (Or lottery?) and my understanding is that they used the money to help their charity, which again speaks volumes about the kind ot people that they are are.

Yes, absolutely. They do fantastic work.

+1. As someone who has had to help out with the repatriation of a friend's remains from Australia, it is impossible to underestimate how much that help means to people in a time of most dire need.
A fantastic charity borne out of great suffering
Hasta la victoria siempre

balladmaker

Quote from: thewobbler on May 24, 2021, 12:13:43 AM
I respect Phil Mickelson

+1. Difficult not to respect someone who carries themselves so well and to have won in 4 different decades is pretty special.

Ronnie

Strange, but interesting thread tho not many replies.   I can't find Fionn's one about people we've no respect for.   I would like to take Dominic Cummings out of my top 5 & put Van Morrison in.  Anyone help/direct me?  Ill maybe name 5 admirable people later.

Olly

Michael Barrymore. He got a lot of abuse cos of swimming pools etc but it realistically came from the game show he hosted and people preferred Wogan.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Ronnie

quit yo jibbajabba

johnnycool

Keyser soze

Farrandeelin

Nurses. Put in long shifts and do their best despite many different sicknesses. I honestly don't know how they do it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but BallHopper deserves a mention.

I've been following his journey through his illness and treatment, and he's been a true inspiration.

Itchy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 23, 2021, 11:24:12 PM
I have great respect for Mickey Harte because of his dtremendous dignity under pressure as he coped with the death of his daughter. I have reservations about much that Mickey has done but, like Aidan McGinely of recent times., Mickey and his wife were an inspitation to us all.
More controversial perhaps, I admire Arlene Foster who crossed deep sectarian divides to attend the Harte funeral.

Jesus Christ I am only after seeing this beauty. You admire a sectarian bigot for momentarily setting aside her sectarianism to attend the funeral of a catholic girl murdered in a foreign country on her honeymoon. There was no "deep sectarian divide" to cross - what a bizarre thing to say. I think it shows the total lack of understanding you have for matters in the North.