NFL Division 2 - 2021

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2021, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Clare fully deserving of another win against Kildare. Feck it, I thought with Gary Brennan gone we would dominate around the middle but no joy.

At the start we held them up well and we were sharp up top, but then there was role reversal and they freed up and we couldn't manage them. Christ but Kildare make some of the silliest mistakes of any higher division county.

Laois are in trouble now it seems and reading reports they missed a few sitters?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Farrandeelin

Mayo and Meath are in the promotion playoffs from the Northern section. Clare v Cork will be very interesting next week. Probably the game for TG4. Kildare *should beat Laois, but I thought they'd be favourites against Clare after beating Cork and having home advantage this weekend.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Smurfy123

What way does the relegation work?
And promotion
Too 4 semi finals and bottom 4?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 23, 2021, 08:38:41 PM
What way does the relegation work?
And promotion
Too 4 semi finals and bottom 4?

Top of North v 2nd of South. Relegation the 3rd v 4th teams in each, losers go down. Winners of promotion playoffs go up.

rosnarun

Quote from: MayoBuck on May 22, 2021, 05:16:12 PM
A deserved win in the end for us but conceded a lot of goal chances. Hennelly saved one shot late on that would have levelled the game. Paddy Durcan our best player on the day.
Durcan was incredible and getting better as the game went on. one game id say he wished never ended Well deserved captain this year.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thejuice

Comfortable win for us and could have won by a bit more but unlucky with a few goal chances. Down were poor though and really limited in attack.   

We're really missing a dedicated free taker because Colgan isn't quite there yet and only scoring 1 out of 5 kicks won't be good enough next weekend. Big game for us next week. We need to bounce back up into Division 1 if we're going to progress as a squad.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Mayo 1 to 15 named. Probably not the actual team but here it is.

1 Rob Hennelly, 2 Eoin O'Donoghue, 3 Oisín Mullen, 4 Lee Keegan,  5 Michael Plunkett, 6 Stephen Coen (C), 7 Fergal Boland, 8 Mattie Ruane, 9 Diarmuid O'Connor, 10 Fionn McDonagh, 11 Darren McHale, 12 Bryan Walsh, 13 Paul Towey, 14 Cillian O'Connor, 15 James Carr.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2021, 09:23:06 PM

1 Rob Hennelly, 2 Eoin O'Donoghue, 3 Oisín Mullen, 4 Lee Keegan,  5 Michael Plunkett, 6 Stephen Coen (C), 7 Fergal Boland, 8 Mattie Ruane, 9 Diarmuid O'Connor, 10 Fionn McDonagh, 11 Darren McHale, 12 Bryan Walsh, 13 Paul Towey, 14 Cillian O'Connor, 15 James Carr.
What's the name of the lad who won the RTE SAS army thingy last year? I thought he was getting very close, but is he still involved?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2021, 12:10:48 AM

What's the name of the lad who won the RTE SAS army thingy last year? I thought he was getting very close, but is he still involved?

Padraig O'Hora Ballina Stephenites - in the squad presently AFAIK.

galwayman

Always thought Eoin O Donoghue was a quality defender anytime I've seen him.
Could be a big add for Mayo this year.
Big chance for Paul Towey as well - scored heavily from play against us the last 2 years at u20

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2021, 02:59:29 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2021, 12:10:48 AM

He came off the bench in last year's semi final after playing most of the league

Padraig O'Hora Ballina Stephenites - in the squad presently AFAIK.
Hasta la victoria siempre

macker15

Mayo v Cork
Kildare v Meath

Semi finals.

Cunny Funt

Can any Meath heads tell me how many of their start team today would be first choice players?

macker15

Cork should beat Clare handy? Will they be playing Meath next week?

Blowitupref

Quote from: macker15 on May 30, 2021, 03:02:47 PM
Cork should beat Clare handy? Will they be playing Meath next week?
Why should they do that? Two evenly matched sides over the last few years and 1-15 to 0-18 with 9 minutes to go in this match.

Semi finals and play offs are in two weeks.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose