The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2014, 05:43:52 PM
So what did yiz think of it?

I probably have rose-tinted glasses about Mexico'86 but that's hard to match for me.

Italia '90 was exciting from an Irish POV but I think outside of Cameroon's run it was boring enough.

I don't remember an awful pile about '94. '98 and Bergkamp's goal as well as Zidane's final but I think it was average.

'02...'06 and '10 seem to merge into one big World Cup blob.

This year was good. The goals, the Brazilian pressure, USA, Colombia, Chile, the Messi show....I'd give it a 7.5/10.
I would rank it as the best I can remember. As a 10 year old watching Maradano in 86 you would think it would be hard to beat, but I don't remember a huge pile about many of the other games apart from Engerland and Belgium matches. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FIFA_World_Cup#Group_A

clarshack

the 1986 world cup is still my favourite. one game that always sticks out for me is the brazil v france 1/4 final that went to penalties.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

1982 was one of the best ever. Every match Brazil played I. Was a delight to watch. W Germany France semi final considered by many to be one on the best matches of all time