9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

toby47

Quote from: Mario on July 21, 2021, 10:41:56 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 21, 2021, 09:18:47 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1417674028853039106
Great to see, am I right in saying he wasn't a big underage Gaelic star? Did he play for Derry underage? How did he get selected for AFL?

Yeah he didn't have the status of Conor Glass or Callum Brown. Didn't start for St Pats MacRory Teams, he was also on the 2018 Derry u20 panel but was never a regular on the team sheet and although he was young he was never a permanent fixture in the Swatragh senior team before he left. The year he left for Australia I seen him play a reserve league game for Swatragh and he came on for the last 10/15 minutes of the senior game. He was tall, athletic & very good in the air from what I saw of him however he was very light & a raw footballer. He doesn't look light now, as you'd expect he seems to have filled out well.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

He was reared for good few years in derry city , as far as I can remember he played with soccer teams rather than football, somebody might correct me on that, i mind boys slagging the da off at the time, but again fair play to him letting young lad play what he wanted if thats the case. Steelstown would have had a strong team too at that age.

He must have good athletic ability and fair play

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2021, 11:50:59 AM
He was reared for good few years in derry city , as far as I can remember he played with soccer teams rather than football, somebody might correct me on that, i mind boys slagging the da off at the time, but again fair play to him letting young lad play what he wanted if thats the case. Steelstown would have had a strong team too at that age.

He lived in Park and played underage football for Craigbane before moving to Swatragh.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 22, 2021, 01:50:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2021, 11:50:59 AM

He lived in Park and played underage football for Craigbane before moving to Swatragh.

ah ok, didnt know that, he definitely played with D and D too

clawaddy

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont cry because its over smile because it happened 😊

NatSoSaff

What are the predictions for the Derry Championships (snr/int') this year? Who are the runners and riders? Accumulator time! Hard to go off league games particularly the closer it gets to championship, but would I be far away in tipping a full strength slaughtneil for senior? Intermediate a more difficult shout, Drumsurn? What about Junior, anyone clear cut there if there' a price?

JoG2

oakleaflad

I'd say last years winners Slaughtneil, Greenlough and Desertmartin would be favorites again. Maybe Glen, Drumsurn and Craigbane to challenge those.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 17, 2021, 09:18:16 AM
I'd say last years winners Slaughtneil, Greenlough and Desertmartin would be favorites again. Maybe Glen, Drumsurn and Craigbane to challenge those.

Steelstown should win intermediate, but I've said that a few times before

tbrick18

I think Glen are going to be close this year.

Derry Optimist

After all their underage success I  tip Glen to finally win their first Senior County Championship title. With Ciaran McFaul and Conor Glass driving them on from the middle third, and ably abetted by Emmett Bradley, Danny Tallon, Jack and Ethan Doherty, this should be Glen's year if they all play to their full potential.

I forecast Steelstown to take the intermediate title  with star All Ireland winning minor, Donncha Gilmore, staking a very strong claim to be included in the Derry Senior panel after his very promising rookie year in Senior club football.

My final accolade goes to Desertmartin to again claim the Junior title with Eunan McElhennon being their most prominent player during the campaign. 

toby47

Glen will be the only team to challenge Slaughtneil in the seniors I reckon.

Coleraine falling more into their decline stage, Magherafelt not firing it seems, Lavey a few years away from a proper challenge.

I'd go Steelstown in Intermediate & Desertmartin in the Junior.

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on August 17, 2021, 12:07:13 PM
After all their underage success I  tip Glen to finally win their first Senior County Championship title. With Ciaran McFaul and Conor Glass driving them on from the middle third, and ably abetted by Emmett Bradley, Danny Tallon, Jack and Ethan Doherty, this should be Glen's year if they all play to their full potential.

I forecast Steelstown to take the intermediate title  with star All Ireland winning minor, Donncha Gilmore, staking a very strong claim to be included in the Derry Senior panel after his very promising rookie year in Senior club football.

My final accolade goes to Desertmartin to again claim the Junior title with Eunan McElhennon being their most prominent player during the campaign.

Glen great from Midfield up, if they had a defence they would have won a championship long before now - it will be their achilleas heel. Glass is a huge addition this year though.