Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

It's hard to look past Slaughtneil for the SFC. They're the one side we really struggle against. I'd always feel we have a decent chance v Glen, lavey, bellaghy or coleraine but you couldn't rule any of those sides out completely along with ourselves if we can get everyone fit and a bit of momentum.

Truth hurts

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: toby47 on August 17, 2021, 12:10:49 PM
Glen will be the only team to challenge Slaughtneil in the seniors I reckon.

Coleraine falling more into their decline stage, Magherafelt not firing it seems, Lavey a few years away from a proper challenge.

I'd go Steelstown in Intermediate & Desertmartin in the Junior.

Coleraine will be intermediate within 5 years but will be back id say, Steelstown have biggest membership in Derry and still havent won an intermediate championship, this would have to be their year .

Lavey will take a few years but will dominate for a while when they break through

toby47

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 12:19:23 PM
It's hard to look past Slaughtneil for the SFC. They're the one side we really struggle against. I'd always feel we have a decent chance v Glen, lavey, bellaghy or coleraine but you couldn't rule any of those sides out completely along with ourselves if we can get everyone fit and a bit of momentum.

Have you's got injury problems at the minute? Still expect to be in with a shout come championship time? I'd have a few teams in the league more capable of springing a surprise in the championship than Bellaghy, don't consider them in with a shout.

lenny

Quote from: toby47 on August 17, 2021, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 12:19:23 PM

Have you's got injury problems at the minute? Still expect to be in with a shout come championship time? I'd have a few teams in the league more capable of springing a surprise in the championship than Bellaghy, don't consider them in with a shout.

We're getting a few boys back so hopefully we'll soon be at full strength. Loup and Swatragh are 2 strong outfits also that nobody will fancy playing come the knockout stages. They're both capable of a good run.

toby47

Took a look at PaddyPower last night

Slaughtneil    6/4
Glen             6/4
Magherafelt   8/1
Coleraine      12/1

Estimator

Quote from: toby47 on August 19, 2021, 11:30:31 AM
Took a look at PaddyPower last night

Slaughtneil    6/4
Glen             6/4
Magherafelt   8/1
Coleraine      12/1

It'd be a huge shock if the winners didn't come from one of those four. Lavey and.Bellaghy are probably a couple of steps behind at this stage.

The relegation aspect adds a fun element to the C'ship this year.
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile

Lavey conceded last match of the league against Newbridge??

Estimator

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2021, 02:22:21 PM
Lavey conceded last match of the league against Newbridge??

From reading the Derry Post the final round of fixtures were a farce: Lavey conceded to Newbridge; Claudy conceded to Glen; the Glen/Loup refix was conceded by Loup. Shamrocks put out a reserve team against Screen who also had half a side out.
And as for the report into the Loup v Bellaghy game  :o Did Loup down tools and walk before the final whistle???
Looks like Coleraine, Slaughtneil and Swatragh were the only sides next or near full strength.

Link

Not at all suprised by any of this.

League results don't matter for next season's placings and teams have championship around the corner with dual clubs playing hurling this week.

Don't understand the Drumsurn complaints about no trophy at their final league game. Did they want County Board to be on standby to go to Dungiven or Kilrea games if result didn't go their way? Worst of all, a few calls for promotion from division 1b to senior championship on twitter for a club that hasn't played an intermediate final in last 30 years.  :-\

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Link on August 24, 2021, 01:47:30 PM
Not at all suprised by any of this.

League results don't matter for next season's placings and teams have championship around the corner with dual clubs playing hurling this week.

Don't understand the Drumsurn complaints about no trophy at their final league game. Did they want County Board to be on standby to go to Dungiven or Kilrea games if result didn't go their way? Worst of all, a few calls for promotion from division 1b to senior championship on twitter for a club that hasn't played an intermediate final in last 30 years.  :-\

Steelstown gave Kilrea a fair thumping there

Link

Point still stands, league title went down to the wire. Get your trophy end of year like the rest of the league winners.

Estimator

tbrick18

Quote from: Estimator on August 27, 2021, 07:52:40 AM
https://www.derrynow.com/news/gaa/659466/collingwood-confirm-tohill-s-decision-to-return-to-ireland.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Anton Tohill returning home - studying medicine at QUB.

Good to see.
Fingers crossed in a couple of years he can make it on the county scene. If he's half as good as his auld fella he'd be a great addition.
I'm sure Swatragh will be over the moon to have him back.

seanyb

Predictions for this weeks games? My stab below

The Loup --- v --- Ballinascreen
Ballinderry --- v --- Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge
Banagher --- v --- Eoghan Rua
Slaughtneil --- v --- John Mitchel's GAC, Claudy
Dungiven --- v --- O'Brien's G.F.C Foreglen
Lavey --- v --- Swatragh
Glen --- v --- Bellaghy
O'Donovan Rossa GAC --- v --- Kilrea

Drumsurn --- v --- Na Piarsaigh Doire Trasna C.LG
Ballymaguigan --- v --- Limavady Wolfhounds