Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on September 08, 2021, 01:21:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
Even though it's 20 years on and I've seen a load of these programmes I still found parts of it very hard to watch, especially anything involving the firefighters as we now know what they were walking into. That and the noise as the "jumpers" hit the building.

Its one of the worst sounds I've ever heard.

Another tough thing to listen to is in the 9/11 museum where they have a section which plays recordings of the final messages left by people trapped inside, some of them as they were lining up to jump rather than be burnt to death. Just ordinary people who went to work on a routine sunny morning.

The calls that were coming through to the call center from those in the floors above the crash, horrifying "I'm going to die, aren't I?"
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cobra

The voicemails that people left for their loved ones. Tell the kids I love them... just unimaginable.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
Even though it's 20 years on and I've seen a load of these programmes I still found parts of it very hard to watch, especially anything involving the firefighters as we now know what they were walking into. That and the noise as the "jumpers" hit the building.

My cousin got married in New Jersey on September 9th. In attendance was 5 firefighters that was friends of the groom. All died two days later in the world trade center and their families didn't even have their bodies to bury.

gallsman

This Saturday night, Evander Holyfield is fighting Vitor Belfort in a licensed professional heavyweight boxing match where commentary will be provided by Donald Trump.

WT4E

That man getting beat up in Carrickmore for no reason - just selling flags!!

gawa316

Quote from: balladmaker on September 07, 2021, 11:16:27 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2021, 08:57:14 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 07, 2021, 08:07:41 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2021, 07:48:12 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 07, 2021, 07:38:45 PM
Cant mind the towns/cities in the US but Louis Theroux has a few programs on the drugs issues in these places, well worth a watch and not dissimilar to that video in parts

Fresno was one...where I live! Meth capital of the world they called it. Been here almost 9 years and glad to say never had any experience of it

Watched Fresno in Undercover Billionaire ... anything ever come of that business the woman set up?

Never seen it...what was the business?

Shepherd's Inn ... https://thebusinessjournal.com/former-shepherds-inn-ready-for-undercover-billionaire-debut/

Never actually been in that place...only passed by it when dropping students at the train station. I do recall it being a basque restaurant but that must be 5 odd years ago. Might check it out

WT4E

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 10, 2021, 10:17:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2021, 03:04:33 PM
That man getting beat up in Carrickmore for no reason - just selling flags!!
It is WTF on its own but the "statements" released by CSF Tyrone takes it to new levels.

Potentially parody.

"Investigation ongoing to why no one helped CSF will report back later!"

Rudi

Parents of 3rd level students in Limerick paying 390 euro a week for hotel accommodation for their kids. What if you had 3 kids in college at once. Jaysus 1 would be bad. What is our political system / public servants at?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on September 14, 2021, 09:49:29 AM
Parents of 3rd level students in Limerick paying 390 euro a week for hotel accommodation for their kids. What if you had 3 kids in college at once. Jaysus 1 would be bad. What is our political system / public servants at?

Why hotel accommodation? Is there no Halls? We paid £500 a month for expensive enough halls for the first year, down to £260 now that she's staying with friend in a student house, I'll have a year of paying for two soon, which isn't great  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2021, 10:20:59 AM

Why hotel accommodation? Is there no Halls? We paid £500 a month for expensive enough halls for the first year, down to £260 now that she's staying with friend in a student house, I'll have a year of paying for two soon, which isn't great  :o

That's the whole WTF element....there actually is a massive shortage of halls or general accommodation. I listened to the radio the other day and they were saying in some Halls around the country they are paying between €250 and €300 a week!  I know in Belfast my eldest had real hassle getting a place this year, fell on his feet at the very last minute but some of the places he looked at were disgraceful. He pays £320 a month off the Ormeau road but has a really good spot. Mad how expensive it's has become

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 14, 2021, 10:27:58 AM

That's the whole WTF element....there actually is a massive shortage of halls or general accommodation. I listened to the radio the other day and they were saying in some Halls around the country they are paying between €250 and €300 a week!  I know in Belfast my eldest had real hassle getting a place this year, fell on his feet at the very last minute but some of the places he looked at were disgraceful. He pays £320 a month off the Ormeau road but has a really good spot. Mad how expensive it's has become

That's expensive still, that's not Hall's BC1? My daughter has a 5 bedroom, she's got ensuite and its in Wesley Avenue, so very handy

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2021, 10:31:25 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 14, 2021, 10:27:58 AM

That's expensive still, that's not Hall's BC1? My daughter has a 5 bedroom, she's got ensuite and its in Wesley Avenue, so very handy

Air BnB is the issue up and down the country. With short term letting landlords can get £500 a week not £1000 per month. Same situation in coastal towns and villages, houses are almost impossible to rent.

Rudi

No rooms in houses, bedsits to be found. Seems to be country wide. Wasnt like that in my day, accommodation was cheap.

Armagh18

Reading that it'd be as handy to drive up the road. Sure you'll always find somewhere to go back to after a night out.