Speeding

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, November 04, 2007, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Whilst driving home from Donegal got done for speeding just coming out of Castlefin. No excuse really other that I'd been behind two old biddys since Ballybofey and it was the first chance I got to overtake them. Doing 91 in a 50 just yards from the end of the 50 limit. No penalty points as I'm from the North but I will get a fixed penalty fine. Are those things enforceable in the North?

Lecale2

Were you towing a caravan at the time or a load of tarmac?

Tankie

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 04, 2007, 08:12:18 PM

;D my thoughts exactly. we don't need that sort of driving here we have enough road deaths!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bogball XV

Milan Baros was caught outside Lyon recently doing 270kph!!!! in his Ferrari (obviously).

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Tankie on November 04, 2007, 08:17:57 PM

;D my thoughts exactly. we don't need that sort of driving here we have enough road deaths!!!

So Tankie, can you explain how the comment ' were you towing a caravan at the time or a load of tarmac' echoes your thoughts exactly. What have you derived from that comment.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAre those things enforceable in the North?
I don't think so but  if they get the car in the south again they'll lift it. - could be wrong though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 04, 2007, 08:34:48 PM
QuoteAre those things enforceable in the North?
I don't think so but  if they get the car in the south again they'll lift it. - could be wrong though.

I think they are bringing it in, so whatever happens on either side of the border will be reflected on the other.
Testing Accessibility

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I intend paying it of course but was just interested to see how the land lay. I didn't have any identification with my address on it so technically I could have given a false one had I wanted to but I'm not into that sort of thing. The Garda just wrote the details down in a little note book there was no form filled in or anything. He was actually a nice guy, no lectures or anything to be homest he seemed more interested in our cocker spaniel who was in the back of the car with the kids.

Sky Blue

If you pay the fine you're ok. If you don't your car and caravan will be lifted. The garda have these new computer things that link into the system in the North that has car registation details.

Are you a member of the travelling community Mighty Quinn?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Sky Blue on November 04, 2007, 08:47:22 PM
If you pay the fine you're ok. If you don't your car and caravan will be lifted. The garda have these new computer things that link into the system in the North that has car registation details.

LOL. Not at all. I have a touring caravan and Lecale likes to link me with our Travelling friends. By the way I didn't have the caravan with me when I was in Donegal, 91 KPH in a 50 limit while towing a caravan would be madness

Tankie

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 04, 2007, 08:31:40 PM

So Tankie, can you explain how the comment ' were you towing a caravan at the time or a load of tarmac' echoes your thoughts exactly. What have you derived from that comment.

Would you like to explain why you put innocent peoples lives in danger when driving like a mad man doing 91 in a 50 Zone?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bogball XV

They do??  I very much doubt that, and even if they did, would they be able to use it without extra money?

pintsofguinness

is mightyquinn who I think he is?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SammyG

Complete bollix, the NI system doesn't even link properly with the rest of the UK, nevermind linking across the border. However in the next 12-18 months the European wide licencing system will be active and you will be able to be tracked for infringements in any EU country.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Tankie on November 04, 2007, 09:00:00 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 04, 2007, 08:31:40 PM

Would you like to explain why you put innocent peoples lives in danger when driving like a mad man doing 91 in a 50 Zone?

Point is I wasn't driving like a madman. I was close to the end of a 50 kph section, the road ahead was completely clear, there were no pedestrians about and no junctions from which vehicles might emerge. The car in front was going slowly my 91 kph was as a result of a burst of speed to overtake rather than an average speed, I had a wife, 2 kids and a dog in the car so I wasn't going to take any chances with their lives. However as I said I had no excuse but I'm not going to be lectured by someone like you. So that's my explanation. Can you now explain what you derived from the comment ' were you towing a caravan at the time or a load of tarmac'